Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186652 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1587: Jun 04, 2019 07:32:03 pm
      Hope he enjoys his family holiday and family time he deserves so much its hard to emphasize just how important he is.
      Talks of him stalling on a new contract as he normally does 7 years and takes a break....F**k all that lets just enjoy him whilst he is here and let the future take care of itself. Time to win three league titles before he puts his feet up
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1588: Jun 04, 2019 08:01:36 pm
      Imagine the following scenario:
      Gerrard didn't slip on that match against Chelsea, and we won the league.
      Rodgers becomes a Liverpool legend and stays at the club for at least 5 more years.
      The team finishes somewhere around 4-7 and Klopp never joins the team.

Sometimes you have to go down to the bottom and rise again.

Imagine Gerrard didn't slip and we still lost that game.

Can we stop blaming the loss on Gerrard slipping please.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1589: Jun 04, 2019 08:24:13 pm
      Imagine Gerrard didn't slip and we still lost that game.

Can we stop blaming the loss on Gerrard slipping please.
      We blame it on our poor luck of that moment but we’ve been fully paid back.

The way to the League title has now been paved.
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2019 09:14:19 pm by nikos »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1590: Jun 04, 2019 09:41:00 pm
      I think Klopp will do 7 but hopefully he does 14.

Not sure he will sign this new deal though. Hope it doesn't become a huge story if he sticks to his usual 7. Would hope the club tested the waters before going public with it.

I believe if he wins us a league title he will call it a day,  but for now there's lots of goals to achieve.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1591: Jun 05, 2019 11:12:06 am
      I think Klopp will do 7 but hopefully he does 14.

Not sure he will sign this new deal though. Hope it doesn't become a huge story if he sticks to his usual 7. Would hope the club tested the waters before going public with it.

I believe if he wins us a league title he will call it a day,  but for now there's lots of goals to achieve.

He said leaving Mainz and Dortmund after 7 years just happened to be complete coincidence.

I don’t understand where all this talk about taking a year sabbatical after 7 years again is coming from. IMO he only left Dortmund and then took a break because he hadn’t had one before then. He finished playing in 2001, went straight into management for 14 years and probably just felt he needed a break then because it had been so full on for so long.

It wasn’t 7 years of management that led to a break, it was 14. The 7 year conspiracy theories is what gets the clicks the media want though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1592: Jun 05, 2019 11:17:26 am
      The Boss knows, we know, the owners know, the media know that there is no other club suited to the Boss than Liverpool...he ain’t going nowhere.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1593: Jun 05, 2019 11:40:45 am
      Hes here for another few seasons at least, lets enjoy it while hes here.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1594: Jun 05, 2019 12:32:02 pm
      He said leaving Mainz and Dortmund after 7 years just happened to be complete coincidence.

I don’t understand where all this talk about taking a year sabbatical after 7 years again is coming from. IMO he only left Dortmund and then took a break because he hadn’t had one before then. He finished playing in 2001, went straight into management for 14 years and probably just felt he needed a break then because it had been so full on for so long.

It wasn’t 7 years of management that led to a break, it was 14. The 7 year conspiracy theories is what gets the clicks the media want though.

According to Reddy that the owners are waiting on Klopp if he would like to extend his stay after 2022 but would understand if Klopp wants to take a sabbatical once his contract end.

Well boss, please stay you can build a dynasty here.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1595: Jun 05, 2019 01:04:44 pm
      He has just led Liverpool to their highest Premier League points tally and won the European Cup.

But for Man City getting an even more freaky amount of points you could say he has already completed a job of restoring Liverpool to its peak.  We certainly have assembled an excellent first XI that if kept together would be competitive for a number of years ahead.

The way football is nowadays I just do not see 15/20 year dynasty's like LFC and Man Utd had, happening again.

He doesn't strike me as someone who will stay with any project indefinitely and I'm sure a big part of him is wary of how he left Dortmund after they had peaked.  Obviously there were factors there in that Munich took all their best players - something that shouldn't happen with us.

I'd be surprised if he was still our manager at the start of 2022.  Like Guardiola I think he's one of those people who has the desire to keep proving his talents over and over again.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1596: Jun 05, 2019 01:08:59 pm
      I think the boss needs to feel that we are continually on an upward trajectory. I think if he felt we had stagnated it the challenge wasn’t there anymore then he would be off.

The good thing about City around is it provides a very high benchmark to reach and chase and unlike in other countries, they can’t just come in and nab away our best players, which means that competitive desire to beat them should always be there.

Think he will be around for a good few years yet.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1597: Jun 05, 2019 01:48:28 pm
      He has just led Liverpool to their highest Premier League points tally and won the European Cup.

But for Man City getting an even more freaky amount of points you could say he has already completed a job of restoring Liverpool to its peak.  We certainly have assembled an excellent first XI that if kept together would be competitive for a number of years ahead.

The way football is nowadays I just do not see 15/20 year dynasty's like LFC and Man Utd had, happening again.

He doesn't strike me as someone who will stay with any project indefinitely and I'm sure a big part of him is wary of how he left Dortmund after they had peaked.  Obviously there were factors there in that Munich took all their best players - something that shouldn't happen with us.

I'd be surprised if he was still our manager at the start of 2022.  Like Guardiola I think he's one of those people who has the desire to keep proving his talents over and over again.

Think he'll give us more than another 2 years..that takes us to 21/22 season. Possible thru to 23/24. That's another 4 seasons. But as we know a lot can go wrong. He's coming up to 52 middle of this month. 56 if he stays for another 4 seasons. Will he want to do another 4/5 years at Bayern..

Depends on his desire,health and fitness. Job in hand now is to reassess the squad for the coming season...well alright he can have a few weeks off first..
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1598: Jun 05, 2019 02:05:59 pm

Read an article a few days back how Klopp has told the club privately that he wants a break in 2022 ...

I would say this to the Boss, if your an adrenaline & endorphin junkie then there’s no other club better to experience this at except LFC, if your neither of those then there’s Real Madrid & Barca’s...

I personally believe Klopp has found his spiritual home with us & will stay beyond 2022..

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/liverpool/story/3867904/sources-klopp-could-take-sabbatical-from-2022
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1599: Jun 05, 2019 02:30:16 pm
      According to Reddy that the owners are waiting on Klopp if he would like to extend his stay after 2022 but would understand if Klopp wants to take a sabbatical once his contract end.

Well boss, please stay you can build a dynasty here.

I read something to that effect as well. Seems a bit of a delicate / tricky situation with this extension. Owners are waiting on a hint from Klopp that he wants to extend his deal to give him a new contract instead of putting it in front of him and put Jürgen under pressure to decide. Should he turn it down and it got out, the media would go nuts with "Klopp turns down extension" narrative.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1600: Jun 05, 2019 02:33:51 pm
      Think all fans should simply enjoy, his success season by season. No point in worrying about the future, no one knows what lies ahead. anyway, well done boss.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1601: Jun 05, 2019 02:58:33 pm
      How about we give him a season off in 2022?
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #1602: Jun 05, 2019 03:23:11 pm
      IMHO, the only box LFC does not tick for Klopp is being a German living in England and who nows how important that is to Klopp. Other than that, what major club offers the resources and autonomy LFC has given Klopp?
      Barca is run by committee
      Teams like PSG, Juventus are seemingly controlled by the whims of their stars
      Madrid treats coaches like disposable annoyances
      Then there's the new economic realities of European football......the money is in England with Germany getting slowly left behind.
      I won't pretend to know what Klopp's feelings are about Sheik-run hobby teams.

My one hope is that Klopp does not fall too in love with his squad and allows sentiment to influence decisions. Right now, almost the entire squad is set up with long term contracts and the transfer fee valuations for many of his players are astronomical.....and frankly some are absurd. My hope is the number crunchers who have been so astute at discovering hidden value are equally astute in recognizing overvaluation....and Klopp is not afraid to move away from an overvalued piece.

LFC is in the sweetest spot on so many fronts right now....good problems to have.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1603: Jun 05, 2019 04:19:19 pm
      He gives all of himself to his work so if it means he is fu**ed after seven years then so be it. He isn't a machine and if he leaves at the end of 2022 then all we can do is say thankyou.
      Lets get the league won in 19/20 for starters.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1604: Jun 05, 2019 06:29:21 pm
      We all love the man. It's maybe a little bit too early to discuss Jürgen's future but you can certainly understand why so many want to talk about it. There are some things bigger than trophies and the bond between us supporters and Jürgen proves that. It is something unique for Liverpool FC and none of us ever want to lose that but at some point in the future, lose it we will. This means we must all enjoy and remember this era for the club.

But enough of that! It's no time for talk about endings - as the big man said himself, this is only the start!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1605: Jun 06, 2019 11:12:41 am
      He'll stay for another 10 years around here.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1606: Jun 06, 2019 11:20:43 am
      Not Gona think about if’s buts and maybe’s regarding his future beyond his current contract I’m just going to bask and revel in the joy he brings whilst he’s currently here.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1607: Jun 06, 2019 02:22:43 pm
      Just watching Klopp's journey on LFCTV and boy this man has been kicked in the bollox so many times in his career but his ability to keep going is incredible. He lost out on Promotion by one point twice just like this season but he came back and got promotion .
      He must be incredibly strong minded to cope with this amount of disappointment.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1608: Jun 06, 2019 09:45:01 pm
      Just watching Klopp's journey on LFCTV and boy this man has been kicked in the bollox so many times in his career but his ability to keep going is incredible. He lost out on Promotion by one point twice just like this season but he came back and got promotion .
      He must be incredibly strong minded to cope with this amount of disappointment.

Indeed - he's an inspiration to us all. No matter how many times he gets knocked down with gut wrenching disappointment, he will always get up and succeed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1609: Jun 06, 2019 10:06:12 pm
      Indeed - he's an inspiration to us all. No matter how many times he gets knocked down with gut wrenching disappointment, he will always get up and succeed.

its worth a watch this man has the biggest bollox on the Planet and a real person to look up to . I have seen the programme before but after the CL final and his glorious night it was a timely reminder of just how hard this man works for every bit of success.

Quick Reply