Trending Topics

Next match: Sporting v LFC [Friendly] Thu 25th Jul @ 1:05 am
      Yankee Stadium, New York, USA

Today is the 23rd of July and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W2 D2 L2

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 56999 times
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,934 posts | 2762 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1600: Jun 05, 2019 02:05:59 pm
      He has just led Liverpool to their highest Premier League points tally and won the European Cup.

But for Man City getting an even more freaky amount of points you could say he has already completed a job of restoring Liverpool to its peak.  We certainly have assembled an excellent first XI that if kept together would be competitive for a number of years ahead.

The way football is nowadays I just do not see 15/20 year dynasty's like LFC and Man Utd had, happening again.

He doesn't strike me as someone who will stay with any project indefinitely and I'm sure a big part of him is wary of how he left Dortmund after they had peaked.  Obviously there were factors there in that Munich took all their best players - something that shouldn't happen with us.

I'd be surprised if he was still our manager at the start of 2022.  Like Guardiola I think he's one of those people who has the desire to keep proving his talents over and over again.

Read an article a few days back how Klopp has told the club privately that he wants a break in 2022 ...

I would say this to the Boss, if your an adrenaline & endorphin junkie then there’s no other club better to experience this at except LFC, if your neither of those then there’s Real Madrid & Barca’s...

I personally believe Klopp has found his spiritual home with us & will stay beyond 2022..

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/liverpool/story/3867904/sources-klopp-could-take-sabbatical-from-2022
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,323 posts | 298 
      Reply #1601: Jun 05, 2019 02:30:16 pm
      According to Reddy that the owners are waiting on Klopp if he would like to extend his stay after 2022 but would understand if Klopp wants to take a sabbatical once his contract end.

Well boss, please stay you can build a dynasty here.

I read something to that effect as well. Seems a bit of a delicate / tricky situation with this extension. Owners are waiting on a hint from Klopp that he wants to extend his deal to give him a new contract instead of putting it in front of him and put Jürgen under pressure to decide. Should he turn it down and it got out, the media would go nuts with "Klopp turns down extension" narrative.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,012 posts | 175 
      Reply #1602: Jun 05, 2019 02:33:51 pm
      Think all fans should simply enjoy, his success season by season. No point in worrying about the future, no one knows what lies ahead. anyway, well done boss.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,132 posts | 134 
      Reply #1603: Jun 05, 2019 02:58:33 pm
      How about we give him a season off in 2022?
      Borg
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 123 posts | 39 
      Reply #1604: Jun 05, 2019 03:23:11 pm
      IMHO, the only box LFC does not tick for Klopp is being a German living in England and who nows how important that is to Klopp. Other than that, what major club offers the resources and autonomy LFC has given Klopp?
      Barca is run by committee
      Teams like PSG, Juventus are seemingly controlled by the whims of their stars
      Madrid treats coaches like disposable annoyances
      Then there's the new economic realities of European football......the money is in England with Germany getting slowly left behind.
      I won't pretend to know what Klopp's feelings are about Sheik-run hobby teams.

My one hope is that Klopp does not fall too in love with his squad and allows sentiment to influence decisions. Right now, almost the entire squad is set up with long term contracts and the transfer fee valuations for many of his players are astronomical.....and frankly some are absurd. My hope is the number crunchers who have been so astute at discovering hidden value are equally astute in recognizing overvaluation....and Klopp is not afraid to move away from an overvalued piece.

LFC is in the sweetest spot on so many fronts right now....good problems to have.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,922 posts | 3650 
      Reply #1605: Jun 05, 2019 04:19:19 pm
      He gives all of himself to his work so if it means he is fu**ed after seven years then so be it. He isn't a machine and if he leaves at the end of 2022 then all we can do is say thankyou.
      Lets get the league won in 19/20 for starters.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,656 posts | 5031 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1606: Jun 05, 2019 06:29:21 pm
      We all love the man. It's maybe a little bit too early to discuss Jürgen's future but you can certainly understand why so many want to talk about it. There are some things bigger than trophies and the bond between us supporters and Jürgen proves that. It is something unique for Liverpool FC and none of us ever want to lose that but at some point in the future, lose it we will. This means we must all enjoy and remember this era for the club.

But enough of that! It's no time for talk about endings - as the big man said himself, this is only the start!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,468 posts | 295 
      Reply #1607: Jun 06, 2019 11:12:41 am
      He'll stay for another 10 years around here.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,298 posts | 491 
      Reply #1608: Jun 06, 2019 11:20:43 am
      Not Gona think about if’s buts and maybe’s regarding his future beyond his current contract I’m just going to bask and revel in the joy he brings whilst he’s currently here.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,922 posts | 3650 
      Reply #1609: Jun 06, 2019 02:22:43 pm
      Just watching Klopp's journey on LFCTV and boy this man has been kicked in the bollox so many times in his career but his ability to keep going is incredible. He lost out on Promotion by one point twice just like this season but he came back and got promotion .
      He must be incredibly strong minded to cope with this amount of disappointment.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,656 posts | 5031 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1610: Jun 06, 2019 09:45:01 pm
      Just watching Klopp's journey on LFCTV and boy this man has been kicked in the bollox so many times in his career but his ability to keep going is incredible. He lost out on Promotion by one point twice just like this season but he came back and got promotion .
      He must be incredibly strong minded to cope with this amount of disappointment.

Indeed - he's an inspiration to us all. No matter how many times he gets knocked down with gut wrenching disappointment, he will always get up and succeed.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,922 posts | 3650 
      Reply #1611: Jun 06, 2019 10:06:12 pm
      Indeed - he's an inspiration to us all. No matter how many times he gets knocked down with gut wrenching disappointment, he will always get up and succeed.

its worth a watch this man has the biggest bollox on the Planet and a real person to look up to . I have seen the programme before but after the CL final and his glorious night it was a timely reminder of just how hard this man works for every bit of success.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,319 posts | 1746 
      Reply #1612: Jun 07, 2019 02:45:37 am
      We should change his name to Jürgen,Bill,Bob,Joe, Klopp as he is as enthusiastic as those 3 great men were for Liverpool Football Club.
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 454 posts | 138 
      Reply #1613: Jun 07, 2019 10:14:19 am
      Loved this guy from his first press conference after taking the job, and love him more now.  My favourite manager since Sir Bob.

Lead the way, JK.

"Let's talk about 6, Herr Klopp
       Let's talk about being back on top
       Let's talk about all the things we're gonna win
       In front of the Kop
       Let's talk about 6, let's talk about 6"
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,954 posts | 419 
      Reply #1614: Jun 07, 2019 12:02:18 pm
      No club would get him if he leaves us after 2022. I've always felt he'd be Germany's boss one day.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,323 posts | 298 
      Reply #1615: Jun 07, 2019 12:25:12 pm
      No club would get him if he leaves us after 2022. I've always felt he'd be Germany's boss one day.

After he decides to leave Liverpool, i'd like him as coach of the US team. One can dream.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1616: Jun 07, 2019 02:29:33 pm
      After he decides to leave Liverpool, i'd like him as coach of the US team..

😂

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,012 posts | 175 
      Reply #1617: Jun 07, 2019 07:29:51 pm
      Three more seasons to win a hand full of trophies. After winning the champions league, suddenly this has become a reality.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,656 posts | 5031 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1618: Jun 07, 2019 10:06:13 pm
      Nice little tribute to the somewhat forgotten Buvac there on twitter. He's been gone a year but I'm sure Jürgen would agree that he did a lot to get us out of our slumber.

https://twitter.com/Nabyllionaire/status/1135237220166766592

What's really impressive though is how Klopp continued to prosper and reach the highest level without him. A lot of people said they came as a pair or that Klopp would be less without him. Certainly not true. Buvac's exit may have influenced a different style of play, one that was more methodical and pragmatic than gut busting and thrilling but it's one that has brought home the greatest trophy of them all.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2019 10:10:28 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,287 posts | 1909 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #1619: Jun 07, 2019 10:50:51 pm
      I think and believe we have at our club the best football manager in the world in the modern era,
      His style, philosophy, tactical awareness, man management,  organisation of his staff from the tea ladies to the ground staff, His incredible work ethic that coincides with his excellent coaching staff, from nutritionist to throw in coach, are all part & parcel of a well oiled machine with each part a expert in their field,
      Add a boardroom willing to back him in every capacity from recruitment to the development of the new Academy and beyond,
      We are at the periphery of a golden era that could even surpass the success of one 'Sir' Robert Paisley, the most successful manager of the previous era,
      He has already overseen three major European finals within the first four years of his tenure and secured our sixth European/CL trophy, we narrowly missed out by a single point our 1st premier league title and 19th overall by amassing a unbelievable 97 points losing only once to the oil backed plastic Whores from the emptihad, 

He is building a empire, and a legacy that could last way beyond his time with us,

This is my belief, this is a very very special time and to be perfectly honest I was seriously doubtful i would ever see us being so successful again, winning multiple titles & silverware like we saw under Messrs, Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish,
      Now though,  our future looks very exciting and it's all down to one man's incessant positivity which in turn reverberates throughout our club, So yes, I do believe that Jürgen Klopp is the best Manager on the planet,  it is only a matter of time for it to be proven true. ! !

YNWA
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,802 posts | 2403 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1620: Jun 09, 2019 11:17:19 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,580 posts | 3194 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1621: Jun 10, 2019 09:58:06 pm
      Love this Man.

That 1,2,3,4.5 and 6 and then nearly falling off the Bus are two of the most hilarious things I've ever seen from the Boss and he's given us many funny moments.

I'm just so happy for him. Losing 6 Finals in a row has to be gut wrenching.

Only got one thing to say

The Monkeys off the back Jürgen!!!!

Get the f**k in!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSAMrNdIqg&fbclid=IwAR0C2GqYQcsE63a_xEUbEJU5FOaD6qImXkklnpgHhsFa9m3Pxkk2YmX-6WI
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2019 11:05:31 pm by AussieRed »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,580 posts | 3194 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1622: Jun 11, 2019 12:47:15 am
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,922 posts | 3650 
      Reply #1623: Jun 11, 2019 10:10:44 am
      Seen so many successes with this club and the managers have all been adored and some worshipped but there is something about Jürgen that makes me want us to win for him. He gives so much of himself no wonder he needs a break now and again. Well now he has the big one I am sure the stress levels have subsided somewhat
      ozi_wozzy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,454 posts | 247 
      Reply #1624: Jun 11, 2019 10:24:26 am
      He gives all of himself to his work so if it means he is fu**ed after seven years then so be it. He isn't a machine and if he leaves at the end of 2022 then all we can do is say thankyou.
      Lets get the league won in 19/20 for starters.

This all day. The reason why he left Dortmund was that he was exhausted. He's not a Rafa type of coach, he gets very emotionally involved with the club and fans and that takes a lot out of a manager. He's not a machine as you say mate, we can't have his passion and drive for years and years, there's a trade off.

I think the big driver left for him now is to win the league, not once, but twice with Liverpool. That would be a sweeter victory over money men than what he did with Dortmund against Munich's financial muscle because PL is the hardest league to win in the world. And I bet he's eyeing up that challenge as we speak, win this twice in three years and take a break.

That speculation aside, I'd be over the moon with just one PL title...having said that, if we can't win the league and he leaves in 2022, I would still have gratitude for years to come for the man who won the CL and got us within 1 point of winning the league against a high-money, low-class team that is a petro-gazillion powered pet project designed for money laundering and image building rather than football.

Quick Reply