Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186626 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1610: Jun 07, 2019 02:45:37 am
      We should change his name to Jürgen,Bill,Bob,Joe, Klopp as he is as enthusiastic as those 3 great men were for Liverpool Football Club.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #1611: Jun 07, 2019 10:14:19 am
      Loved this guy from his first press conference after taking the job, and love him more now.  My favourite manager since Sir Bob.

Lead the way, JK.

"Let's talk about 6, Herr Klopp
       Let's talk about being back on top
       Let's talk about all the things we're gonna win
       In front of the Kop
       Let's talk about 6, let's talk about 6"
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1612: Jun 07, 2019 12:02:18 pm
      No club would get him if he leaves us after 2022. I've always felt he'd be Germany's boss one day.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1613: Jun 07, 2019 12:25:12 pm
      No club would get him if he leaves us after 2022. I've always felt he'd be Germany's boss one day.

After he decides to leave Liverpool, i'd like him as coach of the US team. One can dream.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1614: Jun 07, 2019 02:29:33 pm
      After he decides to leave Liverpool, i'd like him as coach of the US team..

😂

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1615: Jun 07, 2019 07:29:51 pm
      Three more seasons to win a hand full of trophies. After winning the champions league, suddenly this has become a reality.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1616: Jun 07, 2019 10:06:13 pm
      Nice little tribute to the somewhat forgotten Buvac there on twitter. He's been gone a year but I'm sure Jürgen would agree that he did a lot to get us out of our slumber.

https://twitter.com/Nabyllionaire/status/1135237220166766592

What's really impressive though is how Klopp continued to prosper and reach the highest level without him. A lot of people said they came as a pair or that Klopp would be less without him. Certainly not true. Buvac's exit may have influenced a different style of play, one that was more methodical and pragmatic than gut busting and thrilling but it's one that has brought home the greatest trophy of them all.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2019 10:10:28 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1617: Jun 07, 2019 10:50:51 pm
      I think and believe we have at our club the best football manager in the world in the modern era,
      His style, philosophy, tactical awareness, man management,  organisation of his staff from the tea ladies to the ground staff, His incredible work ethic that coincides with his excellent coaching staff, from nutritionist to throw in coach, are all part & parcel of a well oiled machine with each part a expert in their field,
      Add a boardroom willing to back him in every capacity from recruitment to the development of the new Academy and beyond,
      We are at the periphery of a golden era that could even surpass the success of one 'Sir' Robert Paisley, the most successful manager of the previous era,
      He has already overseen three major European finals within the first four years of his tenure and secured our sixth European/CL trophy, we narrowly missed out by a single point our 1st premier league title and 19th overall by amassing a unbelievable 97 points losing only once to the oil backed plastic Whores from the emptihad, 

He is building a empire, and a legacy that could last way beyond his time with us,

This is my belief, this is a very very special time and to be perfectly honest I was seriously doubtful i would ever see us being so successful again, winning multiple titles & silverware like we saw under Messrs, Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish,
      Now though,  our future looks very exciting and it's all down to one man's incessant positivity which in turn reverberates throughout our club, So yes, I do believe that Jürgen Klopp is the best Manager on the planet,  it is only a matter of time for it to be proven true. ! !

YNWA
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1618: Jun 09, 2019 11:17:19 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1619: Jun 10, 2019 09:58:06 pm
      Love this Man.

That 1,2,3,4.5 and 6 and then nearly falling off the Bus are two of the most hilarious things I've ever seen from the Boss and he's given us many funny moments.

I'm just so happy for him. Losing 6 Finals in a row has to be gut wrenching.

Only got one thing to say

The Monkeys off the back Jürgen!!!!

Get the f**k in!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSAMrNdIqg&fbclid=IwAR0C2GqYQcsE63a_xEUbEJU5FOaD6qImXkklnpgHhsFa9m3Pxkk2YmX-6WI
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2019 11:05:31 pm by AussieRed »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1620: Jun 11, 2019 12:47:15 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1621: Jun 11, 2019 10:10:44 am
      Seen so many successes with this club and the managers have all been adored and some worshipped but there is something about Jürgen that makes me want us to win for him. He gives so much of himself no wonder he needs a break now and again. Well now he has the big one I am sure the stress levels have subsided somewhat
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1622: Jun 11, 2019 10:24:26 am
      He gives all of himself to his work so if it means he is fu**ed after seven years then so be it. He isn't a machine and if he leaves at the end of 2022 then all we can do is say thankyou.
      Lets get the league won in 19/20 for starters.

This all day. The reason why he left Dortmund was that he was exhausted. He's not a Rafa type of coach, he gets very emotionally involved with the club and fans and that takes a lot out of a manager. He's not a machine as you say mate, we can't have his passion and drive for years and years, there's a trade off.

I think the big driver left for him now is to win the league, not once, but twice with Liverpool. That would be a sweeter victory over money men than what he did with Dortmund against Munich's financial muscle because PL is the hardest league to win in the world. And I bet he's eyeing up that challenge as we speak, win this twice in three years and take a break.

That speculation aside, I'd be over the moon with just one PL title...having said that, if we can't win the league and he leaves in 2022, I would still have gratitude for years to come for the man who won the CL and got us within 1 point of winning the league against a high-money, low-class team that is a petro-gazillion powered pet project designed for money laundering and image building rather than football.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1623: Jun 11, 2019 10:49:54 am
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1624: Jun 11, 2019 11:44:54 am
      I can't help but to think about those of us who have backed him all they way, put blind trust in him and defended the boss like our lives depended on it. It must have been a long hard season for those of us in this camp.

At times it didn't seem easy backing a boss that "does other people's head in", especially after winning but "just not in style". A boss that probably "has to go after five years without any trophy". Making decisions in games that are "bang out of order". These judgements are now put to bed once and for all and are probably turning into I told you so he'd win it. :lmao:

I think about so many of us not just putting up with these nonsense, but vigorously defending our boss. Makes me proud to belong in this camp. We've gone through a lot. Many heart attacks, nervousness and anger from the verbal attacks on Klopp. For most of us who have been defending him, he has finally rewarded us. Makes victory even sweeter. Indeed we have also proven ourselves to be such a strong supporter base. So well done everyone and to the boss. Into next season we go! Again, trust him with our summer transfers.
      Quickness6
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #1625: Jun 11, 2019 05:12:02 pm
      Klopp will win the treble next season there's no doubt in my mind. That's the Premier League, Champions League and Fa Cup. I see
      Peps Manchester City lose focus and most likely get beaten more times by lesser teams.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1626: Jun 11, 2019 06:54:13 pm

That is the image we all dreamed of when he put pen to paper!

Got to be honest, I always thought it would be the Premier League trophy he'd be holding. Number 6 never came into the reckoning for me. I don't know why, probably through a mixture of not believing it would happen and somehow a decade long obsession of wanting the Premier League became a fixation in my mind that became set and seemed impossible to mould into ambitions related to further European triumph. Also, subliminally I guess it's easy to think 5 European Cups seemed a nice whole number. It's one hand held up, 5 stars on the crest looks good and all that - aesthetically there was something complete about it, moreso when you think back to how number 5 was delivered. 5 European Cups - rounded, whole and perfectly delivered in Istanbul. Perhaps even a part of me didn't want to disturb that perfection of 5!

But when we won last Saturday that was all completely shattered. It's amazing how narrow my focus on a one particular trophy was and such a narrow focus (and limited outlook) I think made me lose focus on just how amazing the greatest trophy of them all was. You can't put a price on the pure glory and joy experienced of winning that thing. Before the final I would probably have traded the European Cup for the league title. After the final? Not a jot. It remains the ultimate prize in world football and it delivered the best weekend of my life and during that parade probably the greatest feelings and most pride I've felt for that football club.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2019 06:58:42 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1627: Jun 12, 2019 03:20:24 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1628: Jun 12, 2019 04:56:24 pm

Absolutely amazing - look at him. The passion, the camaraderie.

Just love it
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1629: Jun 12, 2019 07:40:20 pm
      Absolutely amazing - look at him. The passion, the camaraderie.

Just love it

Those are his kids...he's head of the family.

You look at Hendo and Milly the two older brothers.

You rarely in any sport see this kind togetherness; it's no wonder they never give up on each other.

This group of fellas is capable of doing anything; the only thing holding them all back was getting that first one over the line.

Now truly the sky's the limit in what they can achieve.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1630: Jun 12, 2019 10:07:02 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1631: Jun 12, 2019 10:32:27 pm
      ah its the reincarnated MB how was the otherside mate
      AussieRed