Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Salah signs new contract

Read 4603 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Salah signs new contract
      Reply #23: Jul 02, 2018 07:59:34 pm
      If we offer a new contract and he signs people say 'oh it means nothing except we will get more for him' and if we don't its 'no ambition,  stepping stone blah, blah, blah' , just can't win with some people
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24: Jul 02, 2018 08:16:38 pm
      If we offer a new contract and he signs people say 'oh it means nothing except we will get more for him' and if we don't its 'no ambition,  stepping stone blah, blah, blah' , just can't win with some people

Think it's people just being realistic in all honesty.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25: Jul 02, 2018 11:04:30 pm

I'm happy he's signed a contract. Just don't think they mean much nowadays. Player power and all that.

You just can't really win by signing players on five year contracts anymore. They're merely tools used to tweak the nipples of the players in the hope they don't want to stray.

It's not me being unhappy about us doing it so don't make things up. It's as much as we can do. Unfortunately, though, it's not enough in this day and age should a player get his head turned.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #26: Jul 02, 2018 11:08:44 pm
      It's not me being unhappy about us doing it so don't make things up. It's as much as we can do. Unfortunately, though, it's not enough in this day and age should a player get his head turned.

Agree, pretty much nothing the club could do more...no matter the player 5 year no-clause contracts give the club flexibility to let things happen on the clubs terms and that's all we can do or hope for.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27: Jul 02, 2018 11:10:05 pm
      Agree, pretty much nothing the club could do more...no matter the player 5 year no-clause contracts give the club flexibility to let things happen on the clubs terms and that's all we can do or hope for.

Exactamundo
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Jul 02, 2018 11:31:59 pm
      As players go, Salah has shown a lot of dedication to the club so far, done a lot of talking about wanting to win things with the club and that he wants to be here for years to come so unlike when Suarez and Coutinho signed their new contracts, I don't feel concerned that he will be off in a years time. Salah has never given us any slight inclination that he will seek a move elsewhere at any point soon so I think this contract renewal, like Bobby's, we can actually just be pleased about and have no concerns, not for the next couple of seasons at least anyway. Neither seem particularly bothered about Madrid or Barca and no other team has their attraction and nor are they purely motivated by money, they've gotten the bumper new contracts because they've earned them, they haven't thrown their toys out the pram or made noises about not getting paid enough.
      With Suarez and Coutinho, it was inevitable they would be off to La Liga sooner rather than later, just don't get that feeling from Salah.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Jul 03, 2018 08:19:48 am

Love the message but could he not afford a table for his laptop now ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #30: Jul 03, 2018 08:23:12 am
      Great for him, getting a rise and that.

Deserved.

For us? About as much use as a chocolate fireguard Coutinho's renewed contract.

If he ever wants to leave, the blueprint is there on how to go about getting what he wants.

Yes he can still leave but what this contract gives the club is a HUGE amount of money IF he ever tries to force a move like Coutinho did, but I genuinely don't think he will do that, unless our performances start to slide dramatically and that I really don't see happening.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #31: Jul 03, 2018 10:07:47 am
      Rooney does not play at Everton Rib....just saying.
      Just checked and he moved to DC in MLS a week ago.
      Played no games yet.
      Are you looking for smart arse of the year award?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Jul 03, 2018 10:47:12 am
      Played no games yet.

Out of interest does anyone know how much DC are paying him, I find it bizarre that the US teams keep getting these old has been players, if China can attract decent talent from Europe then surely the US can as well.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Jul 03, 2018 12:07:48 pm
      I'm happy he's signed a contract. Just don't think they mean much nowadays. Player power and all that.

You just can't really win by signing players on five year contracts anymore. They're merely tools used to tweak the nipples of the players in the hope they don't want to stray.

Agree. It's a good move but I can't bring myself to be overly excited about stuff like this anymore. I've seen far too many good players with a good attitude saying all the right things having their heads turned not long after. He needs to win some sh*t, and win it soon, because he's 26 and will want trophies to go with his prime years as a footballer. Hopefully he can get them here unlike our more recent top players.
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2018 12:49:49 pm by Diego LFC »
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #34: Jul 03, 2018 12:40:28 pm
      Agree. It's a good move but I can't bring myself to be overly excited about stuff like this anymore. I've seen far too many good players with a good attitude saying all the right things having their heads turned not long after. He needs to win some sh*t, and win it soon, because he's 26 and will want trophies to go with his prime years as a footballers. Hopefully he can get them here unlike our more recent top players.

And it's up to us to win trophies and make the players stay.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #35: Jul 03, 2018 02:55:54 pm
      Played no games yet.

That would be unattainable.... you've had that locked up tighter than the doors on John Terry's street.

Quick Reply