Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 24th Feb @ 2:05 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 21st of February and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D5 L5

2018 World Cup: Semi Finals

Read 4304 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,011 posts | 3101 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Re: World Cup: Semi Finals
      Reply #390: Jul 12, 2018 06:09:36 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,346 posts | 4736 
      • YNWA
      Reply #391: Jul 12, 2018 06:15:49 pm

Brings a tear to the eye doesn't it? Beautiful!

Is there much merit to what England fans are saying about the Turkish ref? Please can I have a non biast and honest opinion.

No. One of the best refs in Europe. Maybe the best and he refereed well. I remember he refereed our epic second leg v Dortmund two years ago where he was outstanding.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,779 posts | 3420 
      Reply #392: Jul 12, 2018 06:22:29 pm

Just seen it on my twitter feed, didn't know it was from one of the other games.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,011 posts | 3101 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #393: Jul 12, 2018 07:11:00 pm
      Just seen it on my twitter feed, didn't know it was from one of the other games.

Some pub in Kent I think.

Cracking set of lads.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,409 posts | 1585 
      Reply #394: Jul 12, 2018 07:18:55 pm
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,677 posts | 1698 
      Reply #395: Jul 12, 2018 07:20:31 pm
      Some pub in Kent I think.

Cracking set of lads.

Yep

Load of Kent's the lot of them
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,387 posts | 1237 
      Reply #396: Jul 12, 2018 09:41:08 pm
      Cheers for backing up what I thought, I didn't really think would could complain about any of the Croatian goals. Foot to ball. I would be pissed if we scored that and it got ruled out. Walker was just a weak link all tourny. I do think this squad will be better in the future, but we aint winning sh*t in Qatar.
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,731 posts | 977 
      Reply #397: Jul 13, 2018 07:18:39 am
      True! Congrats Dadorious and enjoy it.

I visited Croatia last year and loved it, what a beautiful country!

Thanks!

Absolutely buzzing it's all too surreal that we're in the final of all finals!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,092 posts | 472 
      Reply #398: Jul 13, 2018 09:44:09 am
      You from Croatia Dadorious ??
      Red8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 305 posts | 30 
      Reply #399: Jul 13, 2018 10:30:52 am
      Would add Red8 to that too. Congrats and hope you guys win it!

thank you guys. Still buzzing. I can't believe this is actually happening. However finale turns out, really proud of this squad and are thankful that in my life time I will be witnessing Croatia in final game for the trophy. Unbelievable 
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,565 posts | 2157 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #400: Jul 13, 2018 11:21:05 am
      thank you guys. Still buzzing. I can't believe this is actually happening. However finale turns out, really proud of this squad and are thankful that in my life time I will be witnessing Croatia in final game for the trophy. Unbelievable 

Congratulations, didn't know you were from Croatia too.

I still remember cheering on Croatia in 1998 - getting home from school early so I could watch part of the match. Those Thuram goals were heartbreaking.

Incredible for a country with 4 million people to reach the semis in their first ever participation and now the final 20 years later. Whatever happens this has been a great achievement.

I've been ABF (Anyone But France) since the semis so I'll most definitely be cheering on Croatia. Sucks to hear of those fascist chants and crap like that, but I'm willing to leave that aside because my experience in Croatia was overwhelmingly positive last year, great food, warm people,  and it really wowed me how beautiful the country is. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,092 posts | 472 
      Reply #401: Jul 13, 2018 11:24:56 am
      Best of luck Dadorious & Red8 in the final of the World Cup!! Sounds good doesn't it.  :)
      Red8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 305 posts | 30 
      Reply #402: Jul 13, 2018 11:30:20 am
      Congratulations, didn't know you were from Croatia too.

I still remember cheering on Croatia in 1998 - getting home from school early so I could watch part of the match. Those Thuram goals were heartbreaking.

Thank you Diego.

In fact I'm half Croat half Slovene living in Slovenia (neighbours). But as my dad is Croatian and it is very close (watched games in Croatian squires) i feel very connected to Croatia.

regarding Thuram- it still hurts especially as those were his only goals in a France shirt in 100+ appearances 
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,731 posts | 977 
      Reply #403: Jul 13, 2018 11:32:42 am

Born and bred.

Exhiled as a result of the war in 95.

Will lay into the f**ker who posted the pro nazi comments either in this thread or the final one.
      Red8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 305 posts | 30 
      Reply #404: Jul 13, 2018 11:34:56 am
      Best of luck Dadorious & Red8 in the final of the World Cup!! Sounds good doesn't it.  :)

I'm still pinching myself to check I'm not dreaming ;D ;D.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,565 posts | 2157 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #405: Jul 13, 2018 11:45:39 am
      Will lay into the f**ker who posted the pro nazi comments either in this thread or the final one.

I think there were some comments over that on the Dejan Lovren thread.
      I haven't bothered to look it up because I don't want to find reasons to support France :D, but can anyone explain? It was said that players were singing fascist related crap.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,565 posts | 2157 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #406: Jul 13, 2018 11:58:10 am
      Thank you Diego.

In fact I'm half Croat half Slovene living in Slovenia (neighbours). But as my dad is Croatian and it is very close (watched games in Croatian squires) i feel very connected to Croatia.

regarding Thuram- it still hurts especially as those were his only goals in a France shirt in 100+ appearances 

Ok, interesting! I wish to visit the Balkans region and countries nearby with a bit more time in the future, including making a visit to Kate (a regular poster here, though I haven't seen her in the forum for a while) in Macedonia :)
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,731 posts | 977 
      Reply #407: Jul 13, 2018 01:10:58 pm
      I think there were some comments over that on the Dejan Lovren thread.
      I haven't bothered to look it up because I don't want to find reasons to support France :D, but can anyone explain? It was said that players were singing fascist related crap.

Responded.

Now as for my assessment of the England game the  better team deservedly won. The commitment, passion, and energy shown by the players was unbelievable (Brozovic ran for 16.6km FIFA record) the English with their arrogance, brashness, and cockiness prior to the game did all the motivational talking for Dalic.

The players were privately incensed by this  and certainly let it be known after the game our own Dejan included who has been superb the entire tournament and absolutely pocketed Kane on the night. The "brave" English lions performed as I expected before the game average as they have been the whole tournament. Bemused again by the false acknowledgement that this has been a great tournament for England, given the draw fixtures and value of squad this was a bottle job against the second decent team they played in the tournament.

Anyway I am just glad that all the sh*t of "It's coming home" has gone tone deaf now it was insufferable.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,409 posts | 1585 
      Reply #408: Jul 13, 2018 01:34:58 pm
      Anyway I am just glad that all the sh*t of "It's coming home" has gone tone deaf now it was insufferable.

Hahahaha, yes! I have been reading a lot of comments on Yt, Reddit etc, and there are a good few defending why they sang it and saying how it was all a bit of a joke and nothing to do with bringing back the World Cup, and how foreigners don't understand and don't have a sense of humour etc.

I find it so funny how we were slated (mainly by PL supporters) for singing that song in 13/14 season and the Allez, Allez, Allez song during our CL run, but the English (majority probably non Liverpool fans + Rib :D) pretty much did the same during their WC run.

Even more ridiculous, the majority are calling Hendo sh*t now after weeks of praise for him. So yeah, f**k those non Liverpool English supporters (-Keith).
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,565 posts | 2157 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #409: Jul 13, 2018 01:39:27 pm

Thanks for clarifying that!

Hell yes. The only way it's coming home is during the 2021 Coca Cola World Cup trophy tour.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,409 posts | 1585 
      Reply #410: Jul 13, 2018 02:16:19 pm
      I wonder how Nikola Kalinic is feeling now. Totally forgot about his sending home!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,201 posts | 2418 
      Reply #411: Jul 13, 2018 02:19:15 pm
      I wonder how Nikola Kalinic is feeling now. Totally forgot about his sending home!

Must be feeling a right dick about his attitude & deep down full of regret..
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,409 posts | 1585 
      Reply #412: Jul 13, 2018 02:20:23 pm
      Must be feeling a right dick about his attitude & deep down full of regret..

Yeah, something that will live with him for the rest of his life, regardless of whether Croatia wins it or not.

Quick Reply