Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Sheff Utd [Premier League] Sat 24th Oct @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of October and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W12 D5 L7

Xherdan Shaqiri Player Thread

Read 56156 times
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,935 posts | 602 
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri Player Thread
      Reply #475: Oct 06, 2020 03:19:06 pm
      With the internationals now playing out I agree that it’s likely going to get worse. I wonder at which point we say enough is enough. If we have another couple of cases over the next 2 weeks, do we then do what Napoli done and ask for a postponement?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,474 posts | 878 
      Reply #476: Oct 06, 2020 03:40:48 pm
      or it will flatten off and get better

That's not happening over winter unless full lockdown and I'm not sure that will happen either. Time will tell.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,356 posts | 302 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #477: Oct 06, 2020 03:53:07 pm
      Think I heard that if you have squad players then you have to play
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,947 posts | 1655 
      Reply #478: Oct 06, 2020 04:59:42 pm
      Lots of covid going about in the City that seems to be playing out in the squad too. Everton though seem unaffected. Strange one.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,901 posts | 4250 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #479: Oct 07, 2020 03:08:19 am
      Lots of covid going about in the City that seems to be playing out in the squad too. Everton though seem unaffected. Strange one.

It's 2020 mate...anything can f**king happen!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,453 posts | 724 
      Reply #480: Oct 07, 2020 07:21:09 am
      With the internationals now playing out I agree that it’s likely going to get worse. I wonder at which point we say enough is enough. If we have another couple of cases over the next 2 weeks, do we then do what Napoli done and ask for a postponement?

If you have 14 of your squad fit, you have to play.
      I’m gonna suggest what might happen is, if you lose two or three of your top players, others will be feigning injury or sickness to avoid playing with a weakened squad.
      Even if it’s just a case of having to go into isolation because of contact with those who are infected with covid.
      I can see the league going into lockdown in the next couple of months if things don’t improve.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,718 posts | 3681 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #481: Oct 07, 2020 06:52:22 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 427 
      Reply #482: Oct 07, 2020 07:27:19 pm

An example of why I posted the link to an article a few days back noting tests are too sensitive and why i don't put much regard on cases. Some clown then said i'm not an epidemiologist, ;D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,131 posts | 359 
      Reply #483: Oct 12, 2020 08:17:03 pm
      With all the winger players we have now, I wouldnt mind seeing us go back to the 4-2-3-1. I think with the likes of Jota, Mini, and Shaq it could help. Shaq looked like a good player in that system and Mo benefited too
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,401 posts | 1688 
      Reply #484: Oct 13, 2020 09:11:37 pm
      Watching Shaq play now for Switzerland vs. Germany (good match btw) and all I can think about is he's getting breathed on by a bunch of guys and will be returning to Melwood after the game.

I know there are safety measures in place but it's hard not to think about it, for Shaq and all of the internationals.

ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,935 posts | 602 
      Reply #485: Oct 13, 2020 09:26:08 pm
      Watching Shaq play now for Switzerland vs. Germany (good match btw) and all I can think about is he's getting breathed on by a bunch of guys and will be returning to Melwood after the game.

I know there are safety measures in place but it's hard not to think about it, for Shaq and all of the internationals.
      I expect all the same precautions are taken that are in place for premier league games. Players all tested before the game. A lot of players testing positive over the last few weeks but doubt any of it is during the game itself, otherwise I guess we’d see bigger numbers.

Quick Reply