Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Xherdan Shaqiri (Liverpool -> Lyon)

Read 95330 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri Player Thread
      Reply #230: Jan 31, 2019 10:03:34 pm
      Seems better as a impact player.

Without doubt. Almost looks to have gotten a bit complacent since the Wolves game. He’s starting virtually every game at the moment but he’s playing like he knows he will be the following match too, regardless of how he plays.
      Needs to get back on the bench and be an impact player again, was looking so much better like that and it was killing off other teams.
      Would have felt a lot better seeing him come off the bench than Lallana!!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #231: Feb 27, 2019 03:54:12 pm
      Would give him a start tonight, think he needs to find his rhythm again, once he does I have no doubt he will be a key player in the last stretch of the season.

Having him back in the team could also be a big boost for Mo as he seems to be able to find him in dangerous spaces.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #232: Feb 27, 2019 03:55:23 pm
      Would give him a start tonight, think he needs to find his rhythm again, once he does I have no doubt he will be a key player in the last stretch of the season.

Having him back in the team could also be a big boost for Mo as he seems to be able to find him in dangerous spaces.

I totally agree. We need his spice. He has that flair in him that at the moment, we're missing.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #233: Feb 27, 2019 04:10:42 pm

If Klopp wants to be adventurous and get us scoring again he has to start Shaq.

Otherwise I fear our football will remain stagnant and we'll ultimately hand City the title.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #234: Feb 27, 2019 05:13:26 pm
      If Klopp wants to be adventurous and get us scoring again he has to start Shaq.

Otherwise I fear our football will remain stagnant and we'll ultimately hand City the title.

I'd start rotating him in for Mane or Salah, you can normally see straight away if those 2 will have a good game or not and Klopp needs to be a bit more proactive and brave with subbing one of them off. Sturridge will never again be the answer and Origi just doesn't seem to have IT, but Shaq has a similar kind of energy and skill as them and can do a good job for us.
      Another option is to start with Shaq and then have the option of bringing Mane or Salah on, what a sub that would be!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #235: Feb 27, 2019 05:42:54 pm
      I'd start rotating him in for Mane or Salah, you can normally see straight away if those 2 will have a good game or not and Klopp needs to be a bit more proactive and brave with subbing one of them off. Sturridge will never again be the answer and Origi just doesn't seem to have IT, but Shaq has a similar kind of energy and skill as them and can do a good job for us.
      Another option is to start with Shaq and then have the option of bringing Mane or Salah on, what a sub that would be!

If we start with Shaq and only one for Salah/Mane who else do we play up top in the 3?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #236: Feb 27, 2019 07:06:38 pm
      If we start with Shaq and only one for Salah/Mane who else do we play up top in the 3?

looks like Origi gets the nod. Not sure why Shaq hasn't had more chances I thought he was doing ok
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #237: Feb 27, 2019 10:45:35 pm
      looks like Origi gets the nod. Not sure why Shaq hasn't had more chances I thought he was doing ok

Maybe Origi is showing more in training, it is a weird one because whenever Shaq has come on he has looked good and on the rare occaision where he isn't making an impact he definitely puts the effort in.

Maybe Klopp thinks we need more of a change out on the left side and isn't willing to put Shaq out there.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #238: Mar 04, 2019 04:15:28 am
      What's happened to this guy to make both Origi and Lallana ahead of him in the pecking order? No offence to Adam but what has he actually done this season?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #239: Mar 04, 2019 05:07:07 am
      He can start ahead of Mo versus Burnley...think Mo needs a wee rest.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #240: Mar 04, 2019 06:37:49 am
      He can start ahead of Mo versus Burnley...think Mo needs a wee rest.

Hardly seems likely when heca t get on ahead of Lallana in a front three position. Has gone completely off the boil and new seems to be out of favour.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #241: Mar 04, 2019 07:19:38 am
      Hardly seems likely when heca t get on ahead of Lallana in a front three position. Has gone completely off the boil and new seems to be out of favour.

I know mate, we know the quality he possesses. Get him the F**k out on the pitch to prove it!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #242: Mar 04, 2019 08:18:40 am
      He really does seem to have fallen down the pecking order recently doesn't he which I find weird as he is a real game changer of a player and the nearest we have to Coutinho currently in the squad. I can only assume that he isn't properly fit or his performances in training suck or Klopp just doesn't like him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #243: Mar 17, 2019 04:42:37 pm
      Played 18mins in the last 6 games, not played at all for the last 4. So is it that questionable attitude showing through or just not doing enough in training?

Either way, something doesn’t seem quite right.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #244: Mar 17, 2019 04:44:50 pm
      Started to think Shaq has shagged Klopp’s missus or something

It doesn’t make any sense.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #245: Mar 17, 2019 04:46:45 pm
      Played 18mins in the last 6 games, not played at all for the last 4. So is it that questionable attitude showing through or just not doing enough in training?

Either way, something doesn’t seem quite right.

Think he might be sold in the Summer myself mate to make way for a better attacking player.

Plus with Ox coming back it's hard to see a place for Shaq next season.

Unless Klopp feels Shaq and Keita need this season to learn his system.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #246: Mar 17, 2019 04:52:45 pm
      Think he might be sold in the Summer myself mate to make way for a better attacking player.

Plus with Ox coming back it's hard to see a place for Shaq next season.

Unless Klopp feels Shaq and Keita need this season to learn his system.

I’ve seen a few things saying how Klopp isn’t happy how when he plays, it’s basically just hugging the right hand side of the pitch. But even still, it wasn’t an issue before and he was coming on and getting important goals and assists so something has to have happened because to not even be used when we need a goal it seems odd. Barely even notice him warming up on the sideline either.

I think you could be right about him moving on. We’d make a tidy profit on him too so maybe that was part of his signing, to then allow us more room to get a preferred player in?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #247: Mar 17, 2019 05:53:23 pm
      It doesn’t make any sense.

Klopp see's him every day in training, see's all his training and fitness stats, see's his personality and attitude.

It makes sense to Klopp, the bloke with all the info, and that's really all that matters.

Everyone else is just guessing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #248: Mar 17, 2019 05:56:04 pm
      his attitude has been questioned in the past if he listens to Jürgen he can make the step up to being a top EPL player.
      At the moment he is being Klopperised
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #249: Mar 17, 2019 06:03:13 pm
      Klopp see's him every day in training, see's all his training and fitness stats, see's his personality and attitude.

It makes sense to Klopp, the bloke with all the info, and that's really all that matters.

This all day.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #250: Mar 17, 2019 07:08:18 pm

What doesn’t make sense to me is having him on the bench if he’s not fit enough or has attitude problems or anything else.. put a youngster on there instead if you have no intention of giving the geezer minutes.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #251: Mar 17, 2019 07:47:24 pm
      What doesn’t make sense to me is having him on the bench if he’s not fit enough or has attitude problems or anything else.. put a youngster on there instead if you have no intention of giving the geezer minutes.

I think he is plan B at the moment! But we do not need it.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #252: Mar 17, 2019 08:21:25 pm

^^^^^^^^^^
      THIS ALL DAY

Quick Reply