Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Xherdan Shaqiri (Liverpool -> Lyon)

Read 95307 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri Player Thread
      Reply #276: Mar 19, 2019 01:54:54 pm
      I don't want to quote people. But it has most certainly been happening in match day threads.

Emotions can run high in match threads, certainly if itā€™s a tense moment in the game so itā€™s worth taking it with a pinch of salt.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #277: Mar 19, 2019 06:42:17 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #278: Mar 19, 2019 06:53:44 pm
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #279: Mar 19, 2019 07:13:42 pm
      I injured mine er doing kicking activities

Sounds like Shaqiri has been scoring off the pitch.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #280: Mar 19, 2019 09:03:08 pm
      Guys, this is the Shaqiri thread - not the match day thread - many of us have simply been wondering why he hasn't been getting game time and theorising. He's had 200 minutes on the pitch since the start of this year and it has been surprising that he hasn't been getting a sniff when it feels like we have needed a player like him towards the end of some games and brought Sturridge on instead with 30 seconds to go. We aren't omniscient and are having a normal footy discussion.

It's a perfectly valid observation of people using players to have a whinge fest, when they know nothing about the situation.

No one is saying "don't wonder" or "don't discuss", but when someone makes a categorical statement that "Klopp has fu**ed up by not playing *whoever*  " it's clear an agenda is being pushed and should be challenged, especially when a poster has been informed of injury or illness, which happens all too frequently.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #281: Mar 19, 2019 10:17:13 pm
      Guys, this is the Shaqiri thread - not the match day thread - many of us have simply been wondering why he hasn't been getting game time and theorising. He's had 200 minutes on the pitch since the start of this year and it has been surprising that he hasn't been getting a sniff when it feels like we have needed a player like him towards the end of some games and brought Sturridge on instead with 30 seconds to go. We aren't omniscient and are having a normal footy discussion.

Omniscient?  Someone eaten a thesaurus?
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #282: Mar 19, 2019 10:39:35 pm

Glad youā€™ve learnt something today.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #283: Mar 20, 2019 07:15:59 am
      Glad youā€™ve learnt something today.

Easy there tiger - words are weapons mate.

However........suggestin g Shaq has been on the bench as a ā€œfacadeā€ is like dropping a pinless grenade down the toilet and being surprised when it blows your arse off ;)

Heā€™s played 200 mins in 2019 for three main reasons: -

1) heā€™s been woeful in them
      2) heā€™s been injured
      3) Divvy has hit form

Itā€™s less a question of being omniscient and more a question of using the info that is available rather than letting your imagination run riot and conjure up hypotheses......

Anyways hopefully the wee man gets himself fit and can play a part in the next 2 months.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #284: Mar 20, 2019 08:06:39 am

However........suggestin g Shaq has been on the bench as a ā€œfacadeā€ is like dropping a pinless grenade down the toilet and being surprised when it blows your arse off ;)

2) heā€™s been injured
      3) Divvy has hit form

Itā€™s less a question of being omniscient and more a question of using the info that is available rather than letting your imagination run riot and conjure up hypotheses......

Anyways hopefully the wee man gets himself fit and can play a part in the next 2 months.

They are indeed weapons and I havenā€™t ate a thesaurus, unfortunately.

If you read a page back in the thread Iā€™m simply wondering why he is on the bench if he is injured. If a player is injured or has any other problems and he isnā€™t an integral part of the team at the moment, then why is he there - Iā€™d rather have a youngster on the bench and bring him on with 2 minutes to go instead of Sturridge -hence my suggestion of it being a front.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #285: Mar 20, 2019 08:39:19 am
      They are indeed weapons and I havenā€™t ate a thesaurus, unfortunately.

If you read a page back in the thread Iā€™m simply wondering why he is on the bench if he is injured. If a player is injured or has any other problems and he isnā€™t an integral part of the team at the moment, then why is he there - Iā€™d rather have a youngster on the bench and bring him on with 2 minutes to go instead of Sturridge -hence my suggestion of it being a front.

I did read it and I find the wild speculation about nothing dull.

Regarding the use of ā€œfacadeā€ - that is the crux. What is the point there? A front to what? It makes no sense.

You think JĆ¼rgen muses ā€œI know.  - Iā€™ll use up a spot on the bench to kid someone / something on about Shaqā€™s fitness? Thatā€™s what I need to be doing right nowā€? The gaffer doesnā€™t play those type of games.

Clearly he values him but he isnā€™t sharp for all those reasons. If he didnā€™t value him heā€™d be training with the ressies.

Batter on mate - just donā€™t be surprised if people challenge strange hypotheses where the use of language is overblown.

👍
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2019 08:47:06 am by Scotia »
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #286: Mar 20, 2019 09:17:19 am
      I did read it and I find the wild speculation about nothing dull.

Regarding the use of ā€œfacadeā€ - that is the crux. What is the point there? A front to what? It makes no sense.

You think JĆ¼rgen muses ā€œI know.  - Iā€™ll use up a spot on the bench to kid someone / something on about Shaqā€™s fitness? Thatā€™s what I need to be doing right nowā€? The gaffer doesnā€™t play those type of games.

Clearly he values him but he isnā€™t sharp for all those reasons. If he didnā€™t value him heā€™d be training with the ressies.

Batter on mate - just donā€™t be surprised if people challenge strange hypotheses where the use of language is overblown.

👍

I haven't said anything strange or running wild with my imagination.

There's a lot of fans across social media platforms who find the sudden exclusion of Shaqiri a weird one. First half of the season he was getting a lot of game time, whether that be starting games or making an impact coming off from the bench.

The reason I am saying front/facade is that some managers won't want rivals knowing that their players have picked up slight injuries. Why reveal everything to the media/oppositions? Might be the reason it's only just came out now prior to international games?

Going back to your point about form, Origi has been OK, had a good game against Watford, wouldn't exactly agree with the sentiment of him being in good form but he does make an impact with his pace and strength. Lallana had a great game against Burnley, very different player to Shaqiri though and does offer more on the pressure side of Klopp's system.

Anyway, this is an LFC forum after all and I don't see what I've said to be outlandish, the reason why he isn't featuring could be any of the points discussed, in truth, I'm not overly assed if Shaqiri isn't in Klopp's plans, as long as we are winning, I just found it to be strange and an interesting point to discuss.

Don't belittle people for having a differing opinion to yours.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #287: Mar 20, 2019 09:26:04 am

It's sh*t stirring.
      Shaqiri is carrying a strain which has affected performances, a fact the manager is well aware of.
      He has not been allowed to go on international duty for Switzerland because it could very well be detrimental to the healing process which is all but complete, another detail Klopp is monitoring.
      Klopp knows at this juncture he could play a limited role in a domestic game, under another unknowing/uncaring coach Shaqiri could be seriously overplayed and injured seriously.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #288: Mar 20, 2019 09:33:56 am
      I haven't said anything strange or running wild with my imagination.

There's a lot of fans across social media platforms who find the sudden exclusion of Shaqiri a weird one. First half of the season he was getting a lot of game time, whether that be starting games or making an impact coming off from the bench.

The reason I am saying front/facade is that some managers won't want rivals knowing that their players have picked up slight injuries. Why reveal everything to the media/oppositions? Might be the reason it's only just came out now prior to international games?

Going back to your point about form, Origi has been OK, had a good game against Watford, wouldn't exactly agree with the sentiment of him being in good form but he does make an impact with his pace and strength. Lallana had a great game against Burnley, very different player to Shaqiri though and does offer more on the pressure side of Klopp's system.

Anyway, this is an LFC forum after all and I don't see what I've said to be outlandish, the reason why he isn't featuring could be any of the points discussed, in truth, I'm not overly assed if Shaqiri isn't in Klopp's plans, as long as we are winning, I just found it to be strange and an interesting point to discuss.

Don't belittle people for having a differing opinion to yours.

Put the shovel down - ā€œfacadeā€ was outlandish and conspiracy theory-esque.

Donā€™t be so prissy when challenged about your rampant theorising and grandiose use of language. Itā€™s a forum and weā€™re all entitled to opinions after all.......right? ;)

Anyway - I actually think youā€™re a really promising poster and generally Iā€™m all for imaginative use of language.

I just thought your reaction to another posterā€™s joke was funny - especially after facade.

Good luck 👍

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #289: Mar 20, 2019 12:24:14 pm

I've actually had osteitis pubis which was an absolute bi*ch to get rid of and it made running, kicking a ball or turning at any speed uncomfortable as F**k. Took me months to shake it too so I hope he's just shagged the wrong bird rather than having that.

Was also an injury that popped up frequently in aussie rules about 15 or so years ago.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #290: Mar 20, 2019 11:07:23 pm

2) heā€™s been injured
      3) Divvy has hit form

You are full of it. If Shaqiri had been injured all this time he'd not have been on the bench. It has to be a recent injury, one picked up since the game...  do you really think Klopp is putting injured players on the bench? None of us know the exact date he got injured, but to suggest we've had one less sub every game is lunacy. He's not been woeful either. Origi isn't keeping Shaqiri out the side either, what a sh*te 3 reasons. I don't know where you are going with your toilet anology either, sounds like you're trying to explain algebra with a piano. It's actually funny you accuse other people of being omniscient, that's as good as a self admission of being a hypocrite.
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2019 11:15:02 pm by Ribapuru »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #291: Mar 21, 2019 12:28:27 pm
      You are full of it. If Shaqiri had been injured all this time he'd not have been on the bench. It has to be a recent injury, one picked up since the game...  do you really think Klopp is putting injured players on the bench? None of us know the exact date he got injured, but to suggest we've had one less sub every game is lunacy. He's not been woeful either. Origi isn't keeping Shaqiri out the side either, what a sh*te 3 reasons. I don't know where you are going with your toilet anology either, sounds like you're trying to explain algebra with a piano. It's actually funny you accuse other people of being omniscient, that's as good as a self admission of being a hypocrite.

In his last season here, Gerrard played after having epidural painkillers.

Players play with injuries all the time.

VVD played through illness, and after losing a load of weight.

I can guarantee that some players will have played this season after having painkilling injections.

It's part and parcel of football.

You clearly know nothing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #292: Mar 21, 2019 03:49:44 pm

VVD played through illness, and after losing a load of weight

He had a cold. Last I was aware you donā€™t lose a load of weight having a cold...
      It was Gini who lost a load of weight through having a sickness bug.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #293: Mar 21, 2019 03:58:52 pm
      He had a cold. Last I was aware you donā€™t lose a load of weight having a cold...
      It was Gini who lost a load of weight through having a sickness bug.

:roll:

https://twitter.com/GlennPrice94/status/1092551099012272131?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hunt for the direct Klopp interview if you like.
      I know what he said.
      I think you got mixed up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #294: Mar 21, 2019 04:02:21 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #295: Mar 21, 2019 04:07:41 pm

6 weeks before Klopps quote about VVD "losing 3 or 4 kilo's"

There was a virus that ran through the squad after they went away to a training camp.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #296: Mar 21, 2019 06:45:31 pm
      :roll:

https://twitter.com/GlennPrice94/status/1092551099012272131?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hunt for the direct Klopp interview if you like.
      I know what he said.
      I think you got mixed up.
      I don't know if you know this, but injuries and illnesses are not the same thing. Additionally, unless you get Klopp's qoute yourself, people will take that as a pinch of salt anyway.

In your opinion, has Klopp been picking players for the bench so injured they can't play for their country?
      « Last Edit: Mar 21, 2019 06:53:48 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #297: Mar 21, 2019 07:18:15 pm
      Bottom line is - Shaq was doing well in the first half of the season BUT JĆ¼rgen needed to change the setup to accommodate him because he canā€™t (yet) function in a true midfield role.

In the second half of the season his form first dipped and since heā€™s picked up a few niggling injuries as heā€™s worked his way back.

Not enough to stop him being an option but enough to interrupt his rhythm and momentum.

Speculation of anything broader with Klopp / more sinister is based on nothing of any substance and (to my taste) a complete waste of time.

Each to their own.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #298: Mar 21, 2019 10:10:54 pm
      I don't know if you know this, but injuries and illnesses are not the same thing. Additionally, unless you get Klopp's qoute yourself, people will take that as a pinch of salt anyway.

In your opinion, has Klopp been picking players for the bench so injured they can't play for their country?

I don't know if you know this, but I already said to you that Gerrard played in games in his last season here after having epidural painkillers, and that many players play with injuries.

When you have learned to actually answer other people's posts instead of ignoring whatever doesn't fit your current agenda, you can ask questions in return.
      Until then, don't expect me to engage with your wumming.

Quick Reply