Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Xherdan Shaqiri (Liverpool -> Lyon)

Read 95343 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri Player Thread
      Reply #368: Aug 18, 2019 06:10:24 pm
      No idea why you guys keep interacting with that idiot.

You do understand that he's sitting at home, pissing himself laughing every time he gets a bite, don't you?

As for Shaq, he'll get his chance if he's patient and works hard.
      He's had some injury problems and needs to be 100% physically and mentally before getting into this team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #369: Aug 18, 2019 11:10:16 pm
      No idea why you guys keep interacting with that idiot.

You do understand that he's sitting at home, pissing himself laughing every time he gets a bite, don't you?

As for Shaq, he'll get his chance if he's patient and works hard.
      He's had some injury problems and needs to be 100% physically and mentally before getting into this team.

Hmm sounds like you're describing Ox rather than Shaq. Anyway I think I'll call you makrell, you are so bitey, despite supposedly ignoring me, ;D.

BTW I'm certain that Jürgen couldn't give 2 shits what my opinion of him is, but for the record I think he is a superb manager but he does some weird things and decisions from time to time, as we all do.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #370: Aug 18, 2019 11:15:33 pm
      Can see Shaq leaving in Jan if he doesn't get game time. I thought he'd would've left in the summer window, but maybe he thinks he'll see some action. I hope he does, he's clearly got talent.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #371: Aug 19, 2019 02:23:59 am
      Pretty hard to be involved in games when the manager refuses to play him,

Ha ha ;D! you know what I mean.  At the moment the 4th choice forward is Origi.  Personally I would like to see him play predominately in the middle.  Origi has been given the chances so far but for me he hasn't disappointed.  I would prefer Shaqiri to be played wide but for me there isn't that much in it.   He'll definitely get his chances like mentioned the season has just started and Origi finished last season very strong.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #372: Aug 19, 2019 07:31:20 am
      Oh dear was I bit to subtle for you, I guess we can add logic to the thing you can't quite grasp, to go along with irony and sarcasm.

Or maybe you've had a sense of humour bypass

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #373: Aug 19, 2019 09:44:04 am

Ha ha ;D! you know what I mean.  At the moment the 4th choice forward is Origi.  Personally I would like to see him play predominately in the middle.  Origi has been given the chances so far but for me he hasn't disappointed.  I would prefer Shaqiri to be played wide but for me there isn't that much in it.   He'll definitely get his chances like mentioned the season has just started and Origi finished last season very strong.

You might be onto something here, perhaps Klopp sees Shaq more as a forward this season rather than midfield and he'll be used as a sub for Mane and Salah, I'd actually be quite ok with that but I'd still like to see him given a few minutes here and there just to keep him fresh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #374: Aug 19, 2019 09:44:36 am
      Or maybe you've had a sense of humour bypass

another zinger, the king of the comebacks! ;-)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #375: Aug 24, 2019 01:34:27 pm
      Funny bit in The Echo today, apparently inspired by fan comments on a video shown online. Shaqiri playing keepy-uppy and based on the skills on display, should be playing in matches.

Of all the things that might influence Jürgen's team selections, I pray pre-training kickarounds are not one of them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #376: Aug 24, 2019 11:51:20 pm
      Done an interview about how a solution needs to be found about his lack of game time.
      Migs started speaking out and we didn’t really see him again, Moreno moaned to the Spanish media and we never saw him again.

If Shaqiri has a problem with his game time then he needs to work even harder, talking to the media about it is going to result in him probably not playing again. Klopp doesn’t tolerate that sh*t.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #377: Aug 25, 2019 11:03:50 am
      Nothing to see here Klopp in the presser called him, Dejan, and Lallana out saying they’re all in great shape and basically will have to bide their time it’s a long season and Klopp doesn’t like tinkering until team gets rhythm.

All should look at Matip for example wasn’t on the radar at the start of last season and firmly 4th choice got stuck in trained and ended up putting in a MOM performance in Madrid.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #378: Aug 26, 2019 02:41:02 am
      Nothing to see here Klopp in the presser called him, Dejan, and Lallana out saying they’re all in great shape and basically will have to bide their time it’s a long season and Klopp doesn’t like tinkering until team gets rhythm.

All should look at Matip for example wasn’t on the radar at the start of last season and firmly 4th choice got stuck in trained and ended up putting in a MOM performance in Madrid.

Backup forward a tough place to be at this club right now. His best use is as a sub over 15-20 minutes when we need a burst of offense. His form wasn't great in the 2nd half of the season although he did have some good moments (like crossing for Gini vs. Barca - even in context of a game where he was mostly poor). Some people myopically calling for him to play but honestly, who would you take out for this? Mane? Salah?

As Dadorius says, Klopp mentioned the League Cup round coming after the international break. He'll get a chance to play, but he's a backup for a reason.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #379: Aug 26, 2019 03:58:38 pm
      Klopp needs to give all the guys a bit of a run out, in fairness he did for some against Arsenal, but I trust that Klopp is smart enough to be telling them all that they are in his plans. If however we are cruising against Burnley and he once again doesn't give Shaq a run out then you have to start asking some questions.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #380: Sep 05, 2019 08:48:00 am
      Anybody know why he pulled out of the Switzerland squad against Ireland?

Edit: just reading it was to 'work on his club career' so Shaq is really wanting to give his time here a go.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #381: Sep 05, 2019 08:57:32 am
      Anybody know why he pulled out of the Switzerland squad against Ireland?

Edit: just reading it was to 'work on his club career' so Shaq is really wanting to give his time here a go.

That is good he wants to stay here,I think he is a very useful player to have in the squad.And the price we paid for him was a bargain.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #382: Sep 05, 2019 10:39:02 am
      Can see Shaq leaving in Jan if he doesn't get game time. I thought he'd would've left in the summer window, but maybe he thinks he'll see some action. I hope he does, he's clearly got talent.

The manager is unwilling to let him leave and says he has a future with the club, the lad is chomping at the bit to get out there and show what he's made of,  same as mate hope he does get more playing time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #383: Sep 05, 2019 10:42:59 am
      Lots of trophies to play for including the club world cup in December. Shaq could look back on this season very fondly. The same can apply to the likes of Lovren, Keita, Lallana and like last season Origi.

I'd like to see him get some minutes to keep him feeling part of this team. I think at some points this season  we will need these guys.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #384: Sep 05, 2019 08:16:51 pm
      That is good he wants to stay here,I think he is a very useful player to have in the squad.And the price we paid for him was a bargain.

As it turns out, Klopp gave everyone the week off through Friday,  I guess he will be back in training before most, but seems like   getting a game might be a good idea about now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #385: Sep 06, 2019 09:32:25 am
      As it turns out, Klopp gave everyone the week off through Friday,  I guess he will be back in training before most, but seems like   getting a game might be a good idea about now.

Yeah Klopp needs to start giving all the squad players some minutes, wouldn't hurt to rotate a little bit more than he does, we really can't risk a burn out to our front three or any other positions. We have a strong squad now so lets start using it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #386: Sep 06, 2019 03:25:25 pm
      Yeah Klopp needs to start giving all the squad players some minutes, wouldn't hurt to rotate a little bit more than he does, we really can't risk a burn out to our front three or any other positions. We have a strong squad now so lets start using it.

To be clear, by "getting a game" I mean for Switzerland. He hasn't played much for us this season and understandably so, but this would have been a chance for him to get meaningful game action in to stay ready for when he's needed by us.

SHAQIRI IS A BACKUP. Klopp can only pick 11 and he is not in that first choice group. He just isn't.

YES, he will start some games this year as the fixture congestion kicks in, but there's no reason to rotate just to try and satisfy everyone in the squad (or a segment of vocal fans). When the starters need a rest he'll get some opportunities, but our first choice XI should be getting at least 3/4 of the starts.

We turn in one of our best all-around performances vs. Burnley and all some people can think about is why Shaqiri doesn't play more. It does my head in.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #387: Sep 06, 2019 03:32:49 pm

We turn in one of our best all-around performances vs. Burnley and all some people can think about is why Shaqiri doesn't play more. It does my head in.

I think that's because he's a good player but gets such limited playing time. Understanding he's a backup, i still feel he should be getting more minutes late in the game. For example, we were up 3-0 on Arsenal before the 60th minute, and i thought it'd be a good opportunity to give a player like Shaq close to 30 minutes of play and he didn't even get into the game.

His time will come as there are just too many games but his lack of use is a bit puzzling.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #388: Sep 06, 2019 03:42:04 pm
      Paraphrasing Klopp, this time of year is when those not in the first XIs get most frustrated as there's almost a week between most fixtures. I'm sure as October rolls into November and the games start coming thick and fast we'll see the likes of Shaq, Naby and the others pushing for places.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #389: Sep 06, 2019 03:52:55 pm

Really? I thought we were much better against Arsenal than Burnley. We spent the first 20mins of the game vs Burnley booting a long ball up the pitch, wasn’t until around the first or second goal we actually kept the ball down and started playing some decent football.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #390: Sep 06, 2019 04:52:12 pm
      Really? I thought we were much better against Arsenal than Burnley. We spent the first 20mins of the game vs Burnley booting a long ball up the pitch, wasn’t until around the first or second goal we actually kept the ball down and started playing some decent football.
      Agreed

Quick Reply