Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Goalkeeper situ 2018/19

Read 7266 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Goalkeeper situ 2018/19
      Reply #23: Jul 22, 2018 01:45:47 pm
      He definitely won’t be given he’s now in Scotland, for Hibernian I think.

Forgot about that
      Kopite78
      Reply #24: Jul 22, 2018 01:51:48 pm
      Migs goes for 15m. Then our keeper situation is.

1. Alisson
      2. Karius
      3. Bogdan

Seeing as Bogdan has left the club I doubt it

It will be Grabara
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #25: Jul 23, 2018 03:07:07 pm
      https://twitter.com/SkySportDE/status/1021310772956352512

Pretty much saying he is uncomfortable with the situation and wasn't spoken to about the Alisson transfer.

Honestly don't know what to think about this. Maybe Klopp should have sat him down and talked to him about bringing in a new #1?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #26: Jul 23, 2018 03:29:05 pm
      https://twitter.com/SkySportDE/status/1021310772956352512

Pretty much saying he is uncomfortable with the situation and wasn't spoken to about the Alisson transfer.

Honestly don't know what to think about this. Maybe Klopp should have sat him down and talked to him about bringing in a new #1?

What does karius have to gain by telling the press this? I don’t get it.

It might be true but keep it in house and keep it professional
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Jul 23, 2018 03:36:17 pm
      What does karius have to gain by telling the press this? I don’t get it.

It might be true but keep it in house and keep it professional

Ooh. That should be it for him. Nothing positive but definitely potential negatives.We have a chance to have a great season and do not have time for this.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Jul 23, 2018 05:54:23 pm
      Migs goes for 15m. Then our keeper situation is.

1. Alisson
      2. Karius
      3. Bogdan

F***ing hell do we still have Bogdan on the books! That is an alarming drop off in quality from Alisson.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Jul 23, 2018 05:56:24 pm
      Ooh. That should be it for him. Nothing positive but definitely potential negatives.We have a chance to have a great season and do not have time for this.

Lets just sell him off to the highest bidder
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30: Jul 23, 2018 05:57:18 pm
      F***ing hell do we still have Bogdan on the books! That is an alarming drop off in quality from Alisson.

Bogdan is gone on year long lone and it's the final year of his contract so he is not applicable. Grabbara is effectively next in line once one of the other two depart.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #31: Jul 24, 2018 02:47:17 am
      Obviously Alisson is number 1.

If I was given the choice between Karius and Mignolet as backup then I'd go with Karius all day long.

Both have been dreadful for Liverpool  let's be honest but you have to be a certain type of goalkeeper for Liverpool and Karius has some of those traits where Mignolet doesn't.

Mignolet needs to be at a club like Burnley where the whole game plan is defensive. They pack two walls of four infront of the goal and protect the keeper. Mignolet needs this because he never takes responsibility and prefers his defenders to do so instead, he never commands his box or leaves his line, he can't play out from the back, distribution is poor, the list is endless.

Karius on the other hand does leave his line and act as a sweeper keeper. He can play a bit too. Put it this way I feel a lot more calmer when we pass the ball back to Karius than I do Mignolet. If I see Mignolet do another cruyff turn I think I'll die of a heart attack. Karius comes for things too and is happy to take responsibility away from the defenders. His distribution is okay and in particular he wants to release the ball quickly and get on the counter which was refreshing to see rather than watching Mignolet hold on to the ball for an hour waving everybody forward.

Karius confidence is just shot to pieces and it's a shame because I have seen parts of his game that I've been impressed with. I can see the potential. He's definitely more of a big club type of keeper than what Mignolet is anyway for the reasons listed above.

Karius is under the spotlight right now and is being heavily criticised (and rightly so) but anybody who prefers Mignolet over him has a very short memory in my opinion. Simon Mignolet is the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen at Anfield.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: Jul 24, 2018 02:57:49 am
      That is one of the oddest responses you’ll see. Has nothing to gain from saying that, no foot to stand on and it’s hardly a surprise.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #33: Jul 24, 2018 02:18:29 pm
      We have our first choice keeper, but I don't think we have number 2 or number 3.
      Reina is suitable for number 2. We should get him and flogg Mignolet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34: Jul 24, 2018 02:21:42 pm
      We have our first choice keeper, but I don't think we have number 2 or number 3.

Why do people keep mentioning Reina over the last couple months, not just here but likes of City and Chavs too. He’s literally just joined Milan after agreeing to do so before the season even finished. It’s not and never was an option.
      Kopite78
      Reply #35: Jul 24, 2018 02:21:45 pm

Signed for Milan
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #36: Jul 24, 2018 02:26:41 pm
      Why do people keep mentioning Reina over the last couple months, not just here but likes of City and Chavs too. He’s literally just joined Milan after agreeing to do so before the season even finished. It’s not and never was an option.
      I saw rumours in the Mirror today that Chelsea are after him, so I guess it is press stirring stuff.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Jul 24, 2018 02:36:59 pm
      Obviously Alisson is number 1.

If I was given the choice between Karius and Mignolet as backup then I'd go with Karius all day long.

Both have been dreadful for Liverpool  let's be honest but you have to be a certain type of goalkeeper for Liverpool and Karius has some of those traits where Mignolet doesn't.

Mignolet needs to be at a club like Burnley where the whole game plan is defensive. They pack two walls of four infront of the goal and protect the keeper. Mignolet needs this because he never takes responsibility and prefers his defenders to do so instead, he never commands his box or leaves his line, he can't play out from the back, distribution is poor, the list is endless.

Karius on the other hand does leave his line and act as a sweeper keeper. He can play a bit too. Put it this way I feel a lot more calmer when we pass the ball back to Karius than I do Mignolet. If I see Mignolet do another cruyff turn I think I'll die of a heart attack. Karius comes for things too and is happy to take responsibility away from the defenders. His distribution is okay and in particular he wants to release the ball quickly and get on the counter which was refreshing to see rather than watching Mignolet hold on to the ball for an hour waving everybody forward.

Karius confidence is just shot to pieces and it's a shame because I have seen parts of his game that I've been impressed with. I can see the potential. He's definitely more of a big club type of keeper than what Mignolet is anyway for the reasons listed above.

Karius is under the spotlight right now and is being heavily criticised (and rightly so) but anybody who prefers Mignolet over him has a very short memory in my opinion. Simon Mignolet is the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen at Anfield.

On ability I'd agree with you, but Karius has lost his confidence and mojo so at the moment Migs has to be ahead of him but will Migs want to stick around and be permanently #2. I think we could actually have a bit of a headache here if both Migs and Karius want to leave, now that Ward has already gone. We would need to recruit a good experienced #2 or could we rely on one of the youngsters/reserves?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #38: Jul 24, 2018 04:15:13 pm
      Sign Alisson's brother! Professional keeper playing in Portugal I think.

He can't be any worse than what we have & would be good for Alisoon's morale!  ;)

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #39: Jul 25, 2018 12:09:41 am
      There is no argument.

This is THE guy ...and his save at 4.14 is just phenomenal.

I can see him running Alisson really close.

https://youtu.be/8F9jXYOH2c0
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2018 12:16:20 am by MIRO »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2018 08:58:42 am
      There is no argument.

This is THE guy ...and his save at 4.14 is just phenomenal.

I can see him running Alisson really close.

https://youtu.be/8F9jXYOH2c0

That Goalie would run Gerry Byrne and Bert Trautmann close for bravest player of the match.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2018 10:14:00 pm
      I wouldn't want Karius or Mignolet as our Number 2 … both are proven to not be good enough - yes they have played well now and again - but there are too many errors in both of them. The trouble is I can't see us getting much for either of them. I think Klopp would do well to even loan one of them out.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #42: Jul 26, 2018 10:42:57 am

You know what Rib ?

I quite agree with you... all the problems started when Rodgers got rid of him.

He has just joined AC Milan but rumours abound that he could go on loan to ..........  the Chavs !?

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-transfers-reina-set-to-complete-9-million-transfer-days-after-joining-ac-milan-20180725
      Kopite78
      Reply #43: Jul 26, 2018 11:02:06 am
      You know what Rib ?

I quite agree with you... all the problems started when Rodgers got rid of him.

He has just joined AC Milan but rumours abound that he could go on loan to ..........  the Chavs !?

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-transfers-reina-set-to-complete-9-million-transfer-days-after-joining-ac-milan-20180725

What cannot be ignored though is at that time in FSGs early days they were wanting the wage bill reduced and the ship levelling out financially

Pepe went on big wages Mignolet cane in on lass than half

baitman
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #44: Jul 26, 2018 10:15:19 pm
      i was kind of ok with lorisk karius being our number two and giving him some cup games until his recent howlers in the pre-season friendlies. he's burnt, finished, like dried up dog sh*t.
      even if we did have him as our number two then he wouldnt get enough game time to improve his decision making and confidence.

we need shut of mignolet and karius, loan out our your upcoming keeper to get him battle ready.
      this means we then need to go to the market and find an experience senior keeper [maybe on a free?] as back up and training partner for alisson becker.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Jul 26, 2018 11:17:23 pm
      just watched Pepe saving penalties in 2007 CL semi final and we got rid of him because of Rodgers Ego and in the words of the Italian General in "Allo Allo" what a mistake to make.

Quick Reply