Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 87067 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1334: Apr 15, 2024 07:04:36 pm
      Still not playing well but at least he is trying as hard as he can unlike some others
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1335: Apr 16, 2024 12:59:48 am
      Still not playing well but at least he is trying as hard as he can unlike some others

I genuinely wonder how long we can stretch this argument in Nunez's favor.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,688 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1336: Apr 16, 2024 02:40:34 am
      Had the whole goal to smash that shot in but went straight at the Keeper.  F**k our Sporting Lives!!

The game before clean through on goal, not even on target.

Now I love the guy and his attitude to bits, but on both occasions, couldn't help but think to myself, F**k that Isak from Newcastle or Ollie Watkins from Villa would have buried both those chances.
      redno7
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #1337: Apr 16, 2024 11:15:08 am
      Had the whole goal to smash that shot in but went straight at the Keeper.  F**k our Sporting Lives!!

The game before clean through on goal, not even on target.

Now I love the guy and his attitude to bits, but on both occasions, couldn't help but think to myself, F**k that Isak from Newcastle or Ollie Watkins from Villa would have buried both those chances.

both Issak and Watkins are far far far better players. we bought a dud, move him on
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #1338: Apr 16, 2024 11:55:22 am
      Badly needs a goal or two, to give him some confidence, ideally against Atalanta, to set the tie alight !
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 675 posts | 131 
      Reply #1339: Apr 16, 2024 12:34:38 pm
      both Issak and Watkins are far far far better players. we bought a dud, move him on

Better at putting the ball in the back of the net, that's about it. Doesn't make them better players at all and certainly doesn't make him a dud, you can tell by the way all 3 play that Nunez is asked to do a lot more for the team. Watkins is 4 years older and 4 years ago he'd just joined Villa from the championship, he's had 4 years to develop into the forward we see today.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #1340: Apr 16, 2024 01:51:06 pm

:D

Heimdall...have you finally come back?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #1341: Apr 17, 2024 03:00:39 am
      :D

Heimdall...have you finally come back?
      Whoa.... I haven't thought about that name in a minute
      redno7
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #1342: Apr 17, 2024 08:56:55 am
      Better at putting the ball in the back of the net, that's about it. Doesn't make them better players at all and certainly doesn't make him a dud, you can tell by the way all 3 play that Nunez is asked to do a lot more for the team. Watkins is 4 years older and 4 years ago he'd just joined Villa from the championship, he's had 4 years to develop into the forward we see today.

I think your opening line answers it... "Better at putting the ball in the net that's about it".
      I rest my case
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #1343: Apr 17, 2024 02:33:01 pm
      We have 4 "strikers" that are tied for 24th or better for goals in the league. Darwin being second for us on that list. I don't believe any other team has more than 3 and that includes City and Arsenal, the two best scoring teams in the league. Darwin is doing just fine. The thing is...had Jota not gotten injured, he'd likely have more goals which likely makes up the difference we need. Maybe he'd have taken away from the others but also...maybe not. A new manager is going to salivate at the chance to put our attacking force in motion. I still contend our offense isn't near the problem that our defense is.
      redno7
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #1344: Yesterday at 08:54:56 am
      We can have the whole team on that scorers table with Darwin right at the top but if we don't put chances away and lose then it matters nothing. We dropped points because certain players couldn't finish. Just because they're 9th on the scorers chart along with a couple of others doesn't get us the points
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 675 posts | 131 
      Reply #1345: Yesterday at 09:48:46 am
      I think your opening line answers it... "Better at putting the ball in the net that's about it".
      I rest my case

Seems like you're very desperate for him to fail lad, you do know what it means to get behind the players and support the team don't you?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 731 
      Reply #1346: Yesterday at 11:00:08 pm
      Seems like you're very desperate for him to fail lad, you do know what it means to get behind the players and support the team don't you?
      "Get behind the players"...Bit hypercritical....You've just put the boot in on Jones (deservedly so IMO)
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 675 posts | 131 
      Reply #1347: Yesterday at 11:04:08 pm
      "Get behind the players"...Bit hypercritical....You've just put the boot in on Jones (deservedly so IMO)

Yes, get behind the players. Some fans have agendas and are desperate for some to fail.

I don't have to rate a player to get behind them, if he gets the nod to start on Sunday I'll will him on to play at his best, I've just said what level I think Curtis is at. Nothing more to read into than that.

Harvey is also in that same boat about how I feel about a player and not sure he has a long term future here, still given him heaps of praise this season when he's come on.

Quick Reply