Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Premier League] Wed 15th Jul @ 8:00 pm
      Emirates Stadium

Today is the 14th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W3 D2 L0

Alisson Becker Player Thread

Read 77425 times
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,503 posts | 2365 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1000: Jun 28, 2020 10:24:27 am
      Hard to pinpoint the most important signing over the last few years as we've signed some fantastic players but we simply don't win league titles without this guy.

An absolute colossas and hope he goes on to get the Golden Glove.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 272 posts | 154 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1001: Jun 29, 2020 03:42:25 pm
      Hard to pinpoint the most important signing over the last few years as we've signed some fantastic players but we simply don't win league titles without this guy.

Absolutely, he's such an important cog in the Liverpool machine, you almost forget he's in goal when he's not called into action like he wasn't against Palace last week, I'm sure we'll see a bit more of him on Thursday when we play City, of course the sign of a good player is when you don't have much to do all game then he pulls of a world class save with minutes to go, that concentration has to be there all game even if your not called into action much.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,605 posts | 2875 
      Reply #1002: Jun 29, 2020 03:49:16 pm

His distribution is first rate as well, both out of the hands, and with feet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,487 posts | 4481 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1003: Jun 29, 2020 06:58:40 pm

Agreed. Van Dijk could arguably be viewed as our most important and it would be well deserved, but unfortunately, it doesn’t matter how good the defence is if you have a complete liability in goal, which was the case with Mignolet and Karius. Without Alisson, we wouldn’t have achieved all that we have done over the last 2 seasons.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,916 posts | 774 
      Reply #1004: Jun 29, 2020 08:09:52 pm

As an outsider looking in I disagree, he's the second on my list. VVD all day for me. Truly world class
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,427 posts | 252 
      Reply #1005: Jun 29, 2020 09:14:43 pm
      The general theory in football, is I believe to build a successful side, you need a strong defence. Both Alisson Becker and Van Dijk are certainly the major reasons for our success, that is after having a world class manager, who seemingly has improved every player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 3968 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1006: Jun 30, 2020 01:00:07 am
      Absolutely, he's such an important cog in the Liverpool machine, you almost forget he's in goal when he's not called into action like he wasn't against Palace last week, I'm sure we'll see a bit more of him on Thursday when we play City, of course the sign of a good player is when you don't have much to do all game then he pulls of a world class save with minutes to go, that concentration has to be there all game even if your not called into action much.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply