Read 185973 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1081: Feb 06, 2021 01:04:51 pm
      I read it was illness, not injury!!!

Latest story doing the rounds in Liverpool (meaning bluenose taxi jackanory tales) is Ali got filled in by Hendo in training after they came to blows on Tuesday. Four players dragged up to Klopps office and bollocked for a good long while.

Source - A supposed text from Kelleher Tuesday night to his bro telling him he was playing against Brighton.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1082: Feb 07, 2021 06:10:30 pm
      Speechless, csnt believe whats gone on today

But make no mistake this lad has been outstanding gor us up to this
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1083: Feb 07, 2021 06:18:55 pm
      I'm F***ing speechless. 3 F***ing mistakes Ina span of 20 min, mentality monster my arse.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1084: Feb 07, 2021 06:20:49 pm
      Latest story doing the rounds in Liverpool (meaning bluenose taxi jackanory tales) is Ali got filled in by Hendo in training after they came to blows on Tuesday. Four players dragged up to Klopps office and bollocked for a good long while.

Source - A supposed text from Kelleher Tuesday night to his bro telling him he was playing against Brighton.

That would explain it
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1085: Feb 07, 2021 06:38:07 pm
      He will be fine and Klopp will sort everything out.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1086: Feb 07, 2021 06:39:21 pm

Hope that's not true.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1087: Feb 07, 2021 06:41:50 pm
      He will be fine and Klopp will sort everything out.

No doubt but he needs to be dropped for a game or two to sort out whatever issues are going on.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1088: Feb 07, 2021 06:42:30 pm

Would also explain why Kelleher was dropped today.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1089: Feb 07, 2021 06:49:05 pm
      No doubt but he needs to be dropped for a game or two to sort out whatever issues are going on.

What is it with you and dropping people? You’ve never been a coach have you? As someone that’s got about 15 years coaching experience (albeit at a much lower level), sitting people on the bench isn’t the default way to get someone performing better.

And why do you act like Allison’s been out of form or something? He’s had one bad game. It happens. Move on.

Good lord you are the most knee jerk supporter I think I’ve ever seen. As soon as someone puts one foot wrong....BENCH THEM!!!!!

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1090: Feb 07, 2021 07:00:54 pm
      What is it with you and dropping people? You’ve never been a coach have you? As someone that’s got about 15 years coaching experience (albeit at a much lower level), sitting people on the bench isn’t the default way to get someone performing better.

And why do you act like Allison’s been out of form or something? He’s had one bad game. It happens. Move on.

Good lord you are the most knee jerk supporter I think I’ve ever seen. As soon as someone puts one foot wrong....BENCH THEM!!!!!

So true. Sometimes playing through the mistakes is the best way to get over one.
      Some people have no football experience, just go with what they watch and hear on tele
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1091: Feb 07, 2021 07:01:57 pm

A bad game is no reason for a benching, agree, but if there is more going on in the background then a solution needs to be found and a message to be sent.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1092: Feb 07, 2021 07:31:39 pm

What happened today was more than just a bad game his head wasn't there from the off. Alisson is far too good a keeper for this to be just a blip and if these rumours are to be believed then something has affected him badly and needs to be sorted out before he plays again. That was as bad a performance as the Karius CL final disaster.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1093: Feb 07, 2021 07:36:41 pm
      Had a shocker and something he needs F***ing off from his game. All snow balled from over playing for no reason.

Brought the pressure on himself now for the next game too.

Not getting drooped though.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1094: Feb 07, 2021 07:46:48 pm
      Looked like he was sleep walking through those mistakes.
      And to make two back to back,
      Really not like Ali.
      Am sure he'll be gutted.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1095: Feb 07, 2021 07:53:20 pm
      Chin up big man.

Unlike Karius we know he is fundamentally a good keeper. He's going to have to show a bit of grit to bounce back strongly from that. Hope he gets full backing from his team mates and they all show a bit of solidarity, cos that togetherness has been key to our last 3 seasons.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #1096: Feb 07, 2021 08:47:50 pm

Yep.

One bad game, actually just a few minutes of madness does not warrant dropping the best keeper in the World.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1097: Feb 07, 2021 09:26:47 pm
      Fucks sake Ali x 3
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1098: Feb 07, 2021 09:28:14 pm
      Terrible game obviously, but I don't think he was to blame for the Foden one. It was hit so hard Ally hardly had time to blink.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1099: Feb 07, 2021 09:31:10 pm
      Terrible game obviously, but I don't think he was to blame for the Foden one. It was hit so hard Ally hardly had time to blink.

He had time to drop to his knees with the ball going past where his body was
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1100: Feb 07, 2021 09:32:17 pm
      Guilty for 3 goals today but he has enough in the credit bank in this crazy season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1101: Feb 07, 2021 09:37:20 pm
      Been bad for a few weeks now.

Hopefully today was the last of it out of his system.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1102: Feb 08, 2021 04:54:35 am
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2021 04:59:42 am by fields of anny rd »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1103: Feb 08, 2021 08:30:40 am

Do you think it is true? Is there an English/British clique and an international one?

Ali seems pretty mild-mannered, what would he have done in training to draw Hendo's ire - and aren't they both more professional than to let it get out of hand like that? I mean, every team I've coached or played on has had a dustup at some point, but it seems unlikely it gets to that kind of thing.

Quick Reply