Trending Topics

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 197903 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1334: Aug 04, 2021 07:52:32 pm
      I'd argue it has less to do with the ownership and way more to do with the manager. How many quotes do we see of players (our own and others) saying they'd love to play for him (current and retired).

And obviously success doesn't hurt, when you win Big Ears and a League title, you certainly raise the profile of your club.

Of course the manager is an influence but the ownership have built up the club into one that keeps the star players it wants to keep no matter how much you want to deny they have had an influence.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1335: Aug 04, 2021 07:56:22 pm
      Of course the manager is an influence but the ownership have built up the club into one that keeps the star players it wants to keep no matter how much you want to deny they have had an influence.

Well of course they have an influence, they call the shots. It just seems like some folks want to only give them credit for the "good" shots they call and not be critical or leary of the bad ones.

They've run the club lean (spending only what comes) and that's what they said they would do, so there's no real debate to be had about whether they've done what they promised....they have. The issue is whether you think that's the best course of action and I think it's a reasonable debate to have. But not for this thread ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1336: Aug 04, 2021 08:06:57 pm
      Well of course they have an influence, they call the shots. It just seems like some folks want to only give them credit for the "good" shots they call and not be critical or leary of the bad ones.

They've run the club lean (spending only what comes) and that's what they said they would do, so there's no real debate to be had about whether they've done what they promised....they have. The issue is whether you think that's the best course of action and I think it's a reasonable debate to have. But not for this thread ;)

For me I look at the whole package.

I've spent many a summer thinking about losing McManaman, Owen, Gerrard, Macherano,Torres, Suarez et al because they don't see us being able to compete.

That simply doesn't happen anymore.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1337: Aug 04, 2021 10:32:22 pm
      Best keeper in the world
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1338: Aug 04, 2021 11:01:28 pm

I've spent many a summer thinking about losing McManaman, Owen, Gerrard, Macherano,Torres, Suarez et al because they don't see us being able to compete.

I mean Torres and Suarez we lost under the same ownership as we have now. That tells me that the difference boils down to one thing, JĆ¼rgen Klopp. Since Klopp has arrived weā€™ve not really had issues re-signing the players we want, including Alli. I think Phil being the only one weā€™ve ā€œlostā€.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1339: Aug 04, 2021 11:06:34 pm
      I mean Torres and Suarez we lost under the same ownership as we have now. That tells me that the difference boils down to one thing, JĆ¼rgen Klopp. Since Klopp has arrived weā€™ve not really had issues re-signing the players we want, including Alli. I think Phil being the only one weā€™ve ā€œlostā€.

Torres left pretty much when FSG took over so could hardly be included mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1340: Aug 04, 2021 11:26:53 pm
      Torres left pretty much when FSG took over so could hardly be included mate.

But left supposedly because he was lied to by FSG about their ambitions?

Either way, we will agree to disagree.  I stuck up for FSG for a long time but Iā€™m no fan anymore. In my opinion Klopp is the reason for our success. When he goes, we will struggle again.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #1341: Aug 04, 2021 11:55:37 pm
      Great news that, Alisson Becker has signed a new contract.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1342: Aug 05, 2021 06:06:21 am

I'm not sure a single one of those left us due to us not being able to compete?

On topic, Alisson? Only player in the Prem, last season, with a 100% conversion rate 😏
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1343: Aug 05, 2021 06:42:07 am
      I'm not sure a single one of those left us due to us not being able to compete?

On topic, Alisson? Only player in the Prem, last season, with a 100% conversion rate 😏

All those players left to join clubs to win trophies, and Gerrard almost left for the same.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1344: Aug 05, 2021 06:43:52 am
      But left supposedly because he was lied to by FSG about their ambitions?

Either way, we will agree to disagree.  I stuck up for FSG for a long time but Iā€™m no fan anymore. In my opinion Klopp is the reason for our success. When he goes, we will struggle again.

Nope.

He left because he felt at his age he didn't want to wait on FSG's plan to come to fruition.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1345: Aug 05, 2021 04:15:47 pm
      All those players left to join clubs to win trophies, and Gerrard almost left for the same.

They didn't, you know?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1346: Aug 05, 2021 04:46:11 pm
      Fantastic news.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #1347: Aug 05, 2021 04:47:52 pm
      Nope.

He left because he felt at his age he didn't want to wait on FSG's plan to come to fruition.

Good luck trying to reason with Stuey_v2.0
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1348: Aug 05, 2021 06:46:54 pm

Yep, and to earn more money while they're at it.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1349: Oct 19, 2021 08:47:14 pm
      He's pulled some good saves off so far and it's only 45 mins.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1350: Oct 20, 2021 07:57:30 am
      Sublime
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #1351: Oct 20, 2021 11:07:19 am
      Deffo MOTM against Athletico; kept us in it and was minly responsible for the 3 points.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1352: Oct 23, 2021 12:39:35 am
      Quietly going about his business, WHAT a keeper.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,113 posts | 2131 
      Reply #1353: Oct 25, 2021 11:35:05 am
      I don't think I've ever felt so assured and secure towards a player as I do with Alisson. He had little to do yesterday but did his usual faultless/sweeping displays. His presence alone must do wonders for all the Redmen who play in front of him.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #1354: Oct 25, 2021 11:37:32 am
      I don't think I've ever felt so assured and secure towards a player as I do with Alisson. He had little to do yesterday but did his usual faultless/sweeping displays. His presence alone must do wonders for all the Redmen who play in front of him.

Made a vital block could of been 3-1 instead went up and made it 4-0 game over but at 3-1 who knows
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #1355: Oct 25, 2021 11:39:51 am

I was thinking about this yesterday and since Clemence we have some great goalkeeper all of whom had a mistake or cockup waiting to happen.
      Clem was the same as Ali his levels of concentration were incredible and its the same with Ali he is just superb. They say the strength of a team lies in its spine and we have  ALI , Virgil, Hendo and Mo is there a better one.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1356: Oct 25, 2021 04:04:45 pm
      In a one on one situation, no other keeper comes close. If you watch him in these situations he consistently does the same thing; as the forward is bearing down on him, he waits for them to take a touch and then a split second after they do, when they are least in control of the ball, he rushes out and closes them down.

Maybe itā€™s a common thing for keepers to do, I couldnā€™t be sure, but I know that he is the most effective at it. I think itā€™s down to his timing and speed.

Quick Reply