Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 190415 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)
      Reply #1587: Dec 09, 2023 03:56:44 pm
      Best keeper in the world. His only competition is Courtois when fit and in form.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1588: Dec 09, 2023 05:02:41 pm
      Wrap him in cotton wool until next sunday
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1589: Dec 09, 2023 05:54:03 pm
      Yeh totally agree Best Goalie in the world and has been for a long time.   There is no need to risk him in mid week.  And we can rest him for our next premier league game, give him a deck chair on the goal line for utd. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1590: Dec 09, 2023 06:04:01 pm
      Yeh totally agree Best Goalie in the world and has been for a long time.   There is no need to risk him in mid week.  And we can rest him for our next premier league game, give him a deck chair on the goal line for utd. ;D

You probably won’t need a goalie the way we’re playing. 🤢
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1591: Dec 09, 2023 08:30:34 pm
      You probably won’t need a goalie the way we’re playing. 🤢

Hey Keith you don't mind if I look at the premier league table instead of conversing with you.  Because that League table looks awesome today so neat and tidy!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1592: Dec 09, 2023 08:41:34 pm
      Hey Keith you don't mind if I look at the premier league table instead of conversing with you.  Because that League table looks awesome today so neat and tidy!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don’t mind at all Kenny, 😂  not sure you deserve to be top playing so badly though. Been one hell of a day for you scousers hasn’t it. 🤮🤮🤮
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1593: Dec 09, 2023 09:03:08 pm
      Deserve!    We had a brilliant start until they royally screwed us in the Spurs game.  That knocked our momentum.  And  Everyman and his dog knows we don't like the 12:30 kick off we drop loads a points in these fixtures.   What do they do give us what 4 and we are hardly at the half way point that is what a quarter of our fixtures.  More so they make us play against shitty away at the F***ing early kick off.  If they don't have enough unfair advantages as it is.

If you think today was not deserved then you have your Mancunian red tinted glasses.   Because their red card was on the soft side but hey nowhere near as bad as Jota's he got 2 yellows without touching the players.  The first today was a yellow card and the second was got to see it again thought at the time it was soft but not as soft as the penalty no way.   It was tactical me thinks anyway.  The lot in the black uniform couldn't see us scoring never mind a double.  Probably though it would cover for the ridiculous penalty.  But our players just pounced on them from that instant it wasn't in the script.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #1594: Dec 10, 2023 02:23:06 pm
      How lucky are we to have the best keeper in the world? We are so blessed to have this man between the sticks.

I hope he stays with us until his 40s!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1595: Dec 10, 2023 03:33:58 pm
      Best keeper in the world, think he will be the hardest to replace out of the Klopp old guard, Salah is my fav player but his numbers one way or another can be replaced be it by a player being signed or multiple players, whereas I don't see a way in which we will have that much quality in between the sticks again any time soon.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1596: Dec 10, 2023 03:42:11 pm
      Best keeper in the world, think he will be the hardest to replace out of the Klopp old guard, Salah is my fav player but his numbers one way or another can be replaced be it by a player being signed or multiple players, whereas I don't see a way in which we will have that much quality in between the sticks again any time soon.
      It'll be a decade or more before we find a worthy replacement once he goes, he's that good.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1597: Dec 10, 2023 03:45:05 pm
      Aye the days of Adrian karius and mignolet seem a distant horror memory with Ali here. Vvd and Ali were proof you get what you pay for.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1598: Dec 10, 2023 10:07:58 pm
      Was it wrong of me to think with my first thoughts, Kelleher wouldn't have saved either?

World Class Ali, World F***ing Class!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1599: Dec 12, 2023 08:18:19 pm
      Aye the days of Adrian karius and mignolet seem a distant horror memory with Ali here. Vvd and Ali were proof you get what you pay for.

Bit silly lobbing Adrian in there, when he was brought in to be Ali's understudy so Mignolet could F**k off back to Belgium!!
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1600: Dec 12, 2023 08:19:32 pm
      Bit silly lobbing Adrian in there, when he was brought in to be Ali's understudy so Mignolet could F**k off back to Belgium!!

Not really. Just shows the difference between the best and the rest.

But I take your point.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1601: Apr 12, 2024 01:41:41 pm
      I hope he can be available for palace. Hes been in training this week hasnt he?
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #1602: Apr 12, 2024 02:20:38 pm
      I hope he can be available for palace. Hes been in training this week hasnt he?

He may have rejoined today but not at the time of Klopp's presser (hence not being on the bench yesterday). Doubt he'll start.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #1603: Apr 12, 2024 10:37:22 pm
      Kelleher has been great but IMO if we had Ali we'd still be in the FA Cup and right in with a shout of making a European semi final.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #1604: Apr 13, 2024 12:02:53 am
      Such fine margins being a keeper and the difference between a good keeper and a brilliant keeper will be about 10 goals a season . He walks back in for.me.no disrespect to Kelleher who has dome as well as cam be expected but he isn't Alii level
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1605: Apr 13, 2024 03:48:51 am
      We need that little extra quality of his that Kelleher lack.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,267 posts | 760 
      Reply #1606: Apr 13, 2024 11:04:03 am
      Such fine margins being a keeper and the difference between a good keeper and a brilliant keeper will be about 10 goals a season . He walks back in for.me.no disrespect to Kelleher who has dome as well as cam be expected but he isn't Alii level
      There's no disputing Alisson is the first choice keeper. Him and Kelleher are both brilliant but there's no possible way of knowing the difference between how many each of them might, or might not save. There are many factors; for example, the degree of difficulty in making a save....the scoreline is a factor...the timing of the save....all kinds. You are right, when fit Alisson plays.
      "Kelleher who has done as well as expected"....has to be the understatement of the season!
      Have a good weekend.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 154 
      Reply #1607: Apr 13, 2024 11:31:11 am
      The difference between him and every other keeper out there is staggering, that’s just how it is. He was arguably our player of the season before the first injury.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1608: Apr 13, 2024 01:04:46 pm
      Do or die now. If hes recovered and in training he has to play. End of. Whats the point of putting him on the bench exactly?

We have missed his distribution and just his influence. Kells has done well but this is it now. Best foot forward.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1609: Apr 13, 2024 11:49:00 pm
      Quote from chats
      Kelleher has been great but IMO if we had Ali we'd still be in the FA Cup and right in with a shout of making a European semi final.

How successful were we last year, with him as POTY? We were out of everything going 12 months ago.

Kelleher has had more games this season. He hasn't been merely great, he's been outstanding considering that even now nobody really wants him out there. He's massively contributed to another League Cup, sustained a title challenge, and the quarters of the other cups. He's not responsible for our FA Cup fate. We're still unbeaten in the league with him in goal this season, collecting 26 points from 30, at an average of 2.6 per game.

If Alisson had half as good a record, we would now be picking and choosing what opponent we would like to win the league against, rather than just hoping to stay in the race, as we are. I haven't missed him at all, and I'm not looking forward to his next expensive distribution howler, which we know is only a matter of time. It happened the last time, and happens far too often for my liking.

Quick Reply