Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 188108 times
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #322: Sep 05, 2018 03:44:28 am

Almost all of them dived in, if any of our opposition are smart they'd keep on their feet which'll cause him a lot more problems.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #323: Sep 05, 2018 06:22:28 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #324: Sep 05, 2018 09:25:58 am

Interesting, in all those examples there is a marked difference in how he is being pressurised, almost as if its a token gesture form the strikers compared to how Ihenacho actually went in to him and wrestled the ball off him, I think that may be the key difference between the Italian and English league and he certainly won't be able to do those little tricks as easily in the Prem as he did in Serie A, all part of the learning curve and he seems like a bright lad.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #325: Sep 05, 2018 12:27:15 pm
      Interesting, in all those examples there is a marked difference in how he is being pressurised, almost as if its a token gesture form the strikers compared to how Ihenacho actually went in to him and wrestled the ball off him, I think that may be the key difference between the Italian and English league and he certainly won't be able to do those little tricks as easily in the Prem as he did in Serie A, all part of the learning curve and he seems like a bright lad.

I think the key was Ihenacho staying on his feet.

Interestingly I’ve often wondered what stops a keeper diving on the ball once a forward has touched it........?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #326: Sep 05, 2018 12:35:06 pm
      I think the key was Ihenacho staying on his feet.

Interestingly I’ve often wondered what stops a keeper diving on the ball once a forward has touched it........?

Nothing I suppose but natural instinct and quicker I suppose to try and play it with feet than trying to flop on it?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #327: Sep 05, 2018 12:54:45 pm
      Nothing I suppose but natural instinct and quicker I suppose to try and play it with feet than trying to flop on it?

Funny one though isn’t it - when I coached I looked at rules and couldn’t see an issue.

When I asked the refs they said they weren’t sure but their inclination was to give a pen.......
      hyruga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #328: Sep 05, 2018 05:32:35 pm
      Best goalkeeper in the premier league...Alisson Becker.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #329: Sep 05, 2018 06:16:00 pm
      Over the top post...

he could have hid from it but instead he has come out and accepted full responsibility. Encouraging words from him going forward. What more do you want from him? It’s happened, in the grand scheme of things, that could have proved as vital as the Salah miss. Lots of ‘ifs’. Just move on.
      What do i want going forward... For him to no longer make it part of his game
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #330: Sep 05, 2018 06:18:17 pm
      No keeper is invincible and that mistake was coming, sometimes the only way to learn is the hard way. I still think he is an outstanding keeper, even better than I expected. His control, command, shot stopping and distribution are all top class. Just cut out the high risk cap and we finally have one hell of a goalkeeper in the team.
      heimdall that mistake was 100% avoidable
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #331: Sep 05, 2018 06:40:17 pm
      What do i want going forward... For him to no longer make it part of his game

So you would rather not be on the front foot, play a high line or to get us into attack quickly. He should drop his playstyle sit back and makes saves?

Kind of flys right in the face of everything the manager wants to do....Remember Ederson in the match last year that played it right back to us for an easy goal?...well that mistake didn't cost city the league did it?

He will have these things happen but for every one of them there will be 10 positives he created by his play.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #332: Sep 05, 2018 07:54:32 pm
      So you would rather not be on the front foot, play a high line or to get us into attack quickly. He should drop his playstyle sit back and makes saves?

Kind of flys right in the face of everything the manager wants to do....Remember Ederson in the match last year that played it right back to us for an easy goal?...well that mistake didn't cost city the league did it?

He will have these things happen but for every one of them there will be 10 positives he created by his play.
      I didn't realize that was what I was saying...
      Edit:- what I would like him to do is not take chances in the box (or outside the box) No trying fancy foot work, trying to beat players, If the ball comes to him and there is no out ball Smash it to F**k up the field
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #333: Sep 05, 2018 07:59:20 pm
      It only takes one to lose a CL Final or a Title
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #334: Sep 05, 2018 08:19:59 pm
      It only takes one to lose a CL Final or a Title

Or win one?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #335: Sep 05, 2018 11:43:37 pm
      He fu**ed up, we know it but how quick was he to get back to try to stop the shot going in.? I might be mistaken but did he dive over the ball in the end or did he just miss deflecting it behind for a corner? Either way he was bloody close to saving it.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #336: Sep 06, 2018 01:26:58 am

and what what Mig's saves to shots faced ratio? I remember something like 1:2   :f_doh:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #337: Sep 06, 2018 01:31:48 am
      I think you are being a bit generous with 2:1.  But that said we have improved massively since VVD has come and Mig has not played much since his arrival.
      CT_LFC

• 6,799 posts | 1398 
      Reply #338: Sep 06, 2018 02:13:02 am
      and what what Mig's saves to shots faced ratio? I remember something like 1:2   :f_doh:

Very different defensive worlds from what Migs had in front of him and what Alisson does, though obviously Alisson is the better keeper.
      hyruga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #339: Sep 06, 2018 02:15:12 pm
      What about Karius in the champ league final?

His saves to shots ratio.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,313 posts | 180 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #340: Sep 06, 2018 04:08:22 pm

What about it???
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #341: Sep 06, 2018 04:53:38 pm

What about the shot that slipped through his hands and into the net.

Don’t see what you are trying to get at by bringing up 1 game in his 2/3 years at the club. This is about Alisson, not that 1 game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #342: Sep 06, 2018 10:53:03 pm
      From watching old youtube clips I could see that mistake coming eventually. Finally a forward stopd up and tackled him.

I like his style, I like his footwork but its low reward and high risk to try and take on a striker from your own net.

Teams have obviously seen it and will be expecting the cut back dummy every time. He just has to clear it in future now under pressure.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #343: Sep 11, 2018 11:21:49 am
      From watching old youtube clips I could see that mistake coming eventually. Finally a forward stopd up and tackled him.

I like his style, I like his footwork but its low reward and high risk to try and take on a striker from your own net.

Teams have obviously seen it and will be expecting the cut back dummy every time. He just has to clear it in future now under pressure.

He had the option to take a touch and play it out to his right.
      No need for the risk. Hopefully words are had that high pressing forwards are wise to that move.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #344: Sep 13, 2018 05:30:21 pm
      Top of the league and the league's top goalkeeper...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45470560

Scuffed drag-backs against Leicester notwithstanding, Alisson has begun his Liverpool career in fine form and heads the Premier League in both clean sheets and save percentage.

Cap tips to Alex McCarthy at Southampton and Neil Etheridge at Cardiff, who have both made five saves from clear-cut chances.

But at the bottom is David de Gea, having saved only 50% of the shots on target he's faced this season - the lowest figure in the top flight.

Quick Reply