Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 186024 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #598: Dec 07, 2018 12:36:04 pm
      To think, some people were saying heā€™s not a significant upgrade on Karius...

F**k, donā€™t think thereā€™s a keeper better than him right now. Whilst the other is still dropping clangers in Turkey.

I challenge you to put up one person that seriously suggested this
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #599: Dec 07, 2018 12:44:14 pm

I challenge you to put up one person that seriously suggested this

Iā€™ll go there mate.

Being honest - after we played Roma I wasnā€™t convinced he was so much better than Lorus to justify the sort of fee.

Clearly - history proved me wrong but truth be told before Kiev it wasnā€™t the landslide it is now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #600: Dec 07, 2018 01:08:32 pm
      would you say he's on the same level as De Gea?

No not yet!! DeGea still best in the world. However, he's certainly in top 5 at worse. He's arguably the best goalkeeper you've had since Clemence though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #601: Dec 07, 2018 01:17:33 pm
      No not yet!! DeGea still best in the world. However, he's certainly in top 5 at worse. He's arguably the best goalkeeper you've had since Clemence though.

De Gea isn't the best in the world. What are you on?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #602: Dec 07, 2018 02:38:20 pm
      De Gea isn't the best in the world. What are you on?

Im on!! same as usual? ( Opinion) just like many others on here think he's the best too. Not everyone biased you know.  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #603: Dec 07, 2018 02:43:23 pm
      Im on!! same as usual? ( Opinion) just like many others on here think he's the best too. Not everyone biased you know.  ;)

He's not the best in the world. He's not even the best in the league and that's not bias, that's just looking at stats and performances.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #604: Dec 07, 2018 02:50:58 pm
      He's not the best in the world. He's not even the best in the league and that's not bias, that's just looking at stats and performances.

Granted he's been below par this season but stats are not based on 4/5 months. Now apart from you stating the ( biased)  obvious who's better??
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #605: Dec 07, 2018 02:52:28 pm

Iā€™d still have him as the No.1 ā€œrankedā€ keeper......but I think Alissonā€™s ā€œcurrent formā€ is better.

We need at least a good season out of Alisson in my opinion before he ascends to the throne.

Big Brazilian fella much better suited to us though, no doubt about that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #606: Dec 07, 2018 02:56:12 pm

Out of interest if you don't think De Gea is the best keeper, over the last few season, who do you think is?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #607: Dec 07, 2018 03:00:54 pm
      Iā€™d still have him as the No.1 ā€œrankedā€ keeper......but I think Alissonā€™s ā€œcurrent formā€ is better.

We need at least a good season out of Alisson in my opinion before he ascends to the throne.

Big Brazilian fella much better suited to us though, no doubt about that.

Agree with this Scotia. No one becomes world class over nite, not even in one season. Doing it most years like Ronaldo & Messi  are the proven ones. Good post.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #608: Dec 07, 2018 03:47:35 pm
      Agree with this Scotia. No one becomes world class over nite, not even in one season. Doing it most years like Ronaldo & Messi  are the proven ones. Good post.

And just because you've been deemed "world class" doesn't mean you get to automatically be regarded as the best in the world or in the top keepers if you aren't performing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #609: Dec 07, 2018 03:53:49 pm
      And just because you've been deemed "world class" doesn't mean you get to automatically be regarded as the best in the world or in the top keepers if you aren't performing.

You've yet to answer my post??
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #610: Dec 07, 2018 05:18:51 pm

Allison is better in the Premier league right now and Iā€™d put Buffon and Oblak ahead of him in the world. Maybe could even make a case on form for Der Stegen and Neuer too.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #611: Dec 07, 2018 05:24:02 pm
      De Gea is still the best in the world, we don't doubt Ronaldo and Messi when they go a few games without a goal so De Gea should get a pass for a couple of errors as well.

Alisson is still absolutely brilliant though and there's probably no keeper in the world I'd swap him for. Suits our style of play in addition to being simply an excellent goalkeeper.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #612: Dec 07, 2018 05:26:02 pm
      Allison is better in the Premier league right now and Iā€™d put Buffon and Oblak ahead of him in the world. Maybe could even make a case on form for Der Stegen and Neuer too.

So you rate Alisson better on last 3 months or as a whole?  Neuer up there with De Gea but most pundits/ fans etc etc will have De Gea No1.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #613: Dec 07, 2018 05:29:14 pm
      So you rate Alisson better on last 3 months or as a whole?  Neuer up there with De Gea but most pundits/ fans etc etc will have De Gea No1.

not this DeGea conceding 25 goals so far is just not his normal standard far from it infact. He was also poor in the World Cup if I remember.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #614: Dec 07, 2018 05:37:05 pm
      not this DeGea conceding 25 goals so far is just not his normal standard far from it infact. He was also poor in the World Cup if I remember.

All players have off days/ weeks/ months. De Gea no different. Salah not at his best this season. It's normal that they go off the boil at times.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #615: Dec 07, 2018 05:40:31 pm
      All players have off days/ weeks/ months. De Gea no different. Salah not at his best this season. It's normal that they go off the boil at times.

Plus he's playing in front of a pretty shitty defense. De Gea playing behind Liverpool's defense would be fantastic. At only 28 he's clearly the choice if anyone had to pick a goalie for their team today.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #616: Dec 07, 2018 05:43:41 pm
      Plus he's playing in front of a pretty shitty defense. De Gea playing behind Liverpool's defense would be fantastic. At only 28 he's clearly the choice if anyone had to pick a goalie for their team today.

Can you tell FL Red that.  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #617: Dec 07, 2018 06:10:55 pm
      From what I've seen this season, De Gea has 1 main problem, and that is playing behind a defense that doesn't defend very well.

On MOTD the other night, despite 1 cockup, he made a string of fantastic saves, and as far as I can see, he's been doing that all season.

It really irks me to say this, but I have to give credit where it's due.

I also think though, that Alissons distribution makes him a better fit for our team, and I wouldn't swap him for that reason.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #618: Dec 07, 2018 07:06:31 pm
      From what I've seen this season, De Gea has 1 main problem, and that is playing behind a defense that doesn't defend very well.

On MOTD the other night, despite 1 cockup, he made a string of fantastic saves, and as far as I can see, he's been doing that all season.

It really irks me to say this, but I have to give credit where it's due.

I also think though, that Alissons distribution makes him a better fit for our team, and I wouldn't swap him for that reason.

It shouldn't irk,   :D One of the things I like about certain individuals  on this forum is the honesty and not being biased. All to often you'll see members being complete dicks and just being biased or saying nothing at all coz they just don't want to agree with a manc. Not the way I post but each ( biased ) to their own I suppose.

Ps.. good post Swab.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #619: Dec 07, 2018 07:20:09 pm
      Like a lot of fans recognise best keeper we have had for a long while. He can only improve with experience.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #620: Dec 07, 2018 07:56:59 pm
      It shouldn't irk,   :D One of the things I like about certain individuals  on this forum is the honesty and not being biased. All to often you'll see members being complete dicks and just being biased or saying nothing at all coz they just don't want to agree with a manc. Not the way I post but each ( biased ) to their own I suppose.

Ps.. good post Swab.

You ever think that maybe itā€™s not just bias but itā€™s also the fact that most of us have seen every minute that Allison has played this year and likely we have a better feel for just how good he is? Iā€™ll admit I havenā€™t watched De Gea near as much but what I have seen he isnā€™t as good as heā€™s been in years past.

And if we are going to use the excuse that itā€™s his defense thatā€™s poor, what was his excuse during the World Cup?

And if heā€™s only been bad because of a bad defense, then maybe he was only good because of a good defense in prior years?

Quick Reply