Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Alisson Becker Player Thread

Read 30763 times
      srslfc and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,553 posts | 812 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #775: Apr 10, 2019 11:09:20 am

Fair enough I’m just not seeing that. We did go to a CL final last season with Karius
      We won the thing with Traore as left back means Fck all if you think Karius is in the same league you wanna get off the meth .

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,277 posts | 3324 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #776: Apr 10, 2019 03:15:21 pm
      I remember this guy when we were being linked with him being billed as the ‘Messi of keepers’ and when I looked at the proverbial You Tube reel I couldn’t disagree. I know others will disagree but I’m seeing him as a minor upgrade on Mignolet. His distribution when under the slightest bit of pressure is awful and he constantly makes rash, random decisions like last night charging out to Van Dijk, an almost replica of the Babel goal at Fulham. On top, how many times has he actually made a save that you thought he shouldn’t have? The one at Burnley springs to mind, maybe Napoli but I can’t think of too many more. If Mignolet played in this team with the protection the midfield is offering that he never got I honestly don’t think we’d be much worse off, and I’m saying that as one of Migs biggest critics. Thoughts?

Oh my.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,458 posts | 2465 
      Reply #777: Apr 10, 2019 03:32:13 pm

4 more letters than it was worth.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #778: Apr 10, 2019 03:33:04 pm

What has he done to impress you so much? I’m not saying he’s been awful, but for £70M and considering the protection he gets that was never afforded to Mignolet I’ve not been bowled over. Even little things like the Kane snap shot last weekend it’s a fairly simple save that he palms right out to Eriksen and it took a last gap block from Robetson to stop a goal. I think he’s struggled coming from a team a little bit like we were last season where he was being worked constantly to having next to nothing to do on most games. He’s had 3 errors leading to goals in the league this season and as above his distribution can be all over the place. Put Migs behind VVD and a protective midfield minus headless chicken Moreno I genuinely don’t think we’d be much worse off
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1843 
      Reply #779: Apr 10, 2019 03:39:44 pm

What has he done to impress you so much? I’m not saying he’s been awful, but for £70M and considering the protection he gets that was never afforded to Mignolet I’ve not been bowled over. Even little things like the Kane snap shot last weekend it’s a fairly simple save that he palms right out to Eriksen and it took a last gap block from Robetson to stop a goal. I think he’s struggled coming from a team a little bit like we were last season where he was being worked constantly to having next to nothing to do on most games. He’s had 3 errors leading to goals in the league this season and as above his distribution can be all over the place. Put Migs behind VVD and a protective midfield minus headless chicken Moreno I genuinely don’t think we’d be much worse off

Why do you say he has had more protection than Migs, do you mean VVD as the rest of the defence have been there for a bit and as for Karius he had the exact same protection yet was worse?  Has it occurred to you that one of the reasons why VVD and the rest of the defence has improved so much this season is because they finally has a goalkeeper they can rely on.
      So I'll ask the question I ask all critics of Allison, which you might be surprised to hear is a very small group! Who in your opinion is better in the premiership and can you back that up with any stats?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #780: Apr 10, 2019 03:40:14 pm
      We won the thing with Traore as left back means Fck all if you think Karius is in the same league you wanna get off the meth .

I don’t he was hopeless but I’m saying because we are doing well doesn’t automatically mean the keeper is the business he seems to me to do as many daft things as karius
      Who was it against recently where he charges out of his box competely looses his bearings and pivots around to luckily grab the ball? Wtf is he doing? He made a mess of the Fulham goal (VVD partially culpable) and he did something similar last night. If it was Mignolet this forum would be alive saying how much of a donkey he is. I’m not saying that of Alisson but he’s got things to work on
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1843 
      Reply #781: Apr 10, 2019 03:41:10 pm

BTW are you Simon Mignolet or in some way related to him either through family or business, come on reveal yourself?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #782: Apr 10, 2019 03:42:53 pm
      BTW are you Simon Mignolet or in some way related to him either through family or business, come on reveal yourself?

Look at my previous posts from years gone by I was his biggest critic
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1843 
      Reply #783: Apr 10, 2019 03:43:59 pm
      I don’t he was hopeless but I’m saying because we are doing well doesn’t automatically mean the keeper is the business he seems to me to do as many daft things as karius
      Who was it against recently where he charges out of his box competely looses his bearings and pivots around to luckily grab the ball? Wtf is he doing? He made mess of the Fulham goal and he did something similar last night. If it was Mignolet this forum would be alive saying how much of a donkey he is. I’m not saying that of Alisson but he’s got things to work on

This is just becoming silly, you are clearly on a wind up here and I've been told not to feed the trolls. If you really can't see how much better Allison is compared to most keepers in the world, let alone Migs and Karius, then there is no point discussing this any further.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1843 
      Reply #784: Apr 10, 2019 03:44:48 pm
      Look at my previous posts from years gone by I was his biggest critic

but yet you think Migs is at the same level as Alisson, WOW!!!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #785: Apr 10, 2019 03:46:17 pm
      This is just becoming silly, you are clearly on a wind up here and I've been told not to feed the trolls. If you really can't see how much better Allison is compared to most keepers in the world, let alone Migs and Karius, then there is no point discussing this any further.

Any contrasting view on this forum and you’re a troll or a wind up. I’ve listed off numerous mistakes he has made and keeps making - will it take him to make one in a CL final or a league decider for anyone to take any notice?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #786: Apr 10, 2019 03:47:52 pm
      but yet you think Migs is at the same level as Alisson, WOW!!!

If you read what I wrote you’ll see I think from what I have seen so far (of course allowing for the fact he can improve and get better) that he’s been a minor upgrade on Migs
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,355 posts | 3602 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #787: Apr 10, 2019 03:49:44 pm
      that he’s been a minor upgrade on Migs

Wrong thread lid, the one your looking for is here - https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,12947.0.html
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,470 posts | 2299 
      Reply #788: Apr 10, 2019 03:50:05 pm

Any contrasting view on this forum and you’re a troll or a wind up. I’ve listed off numerous mistakes he has made and keeps making - will it take him to make one in a CL final or a league decider for anyone to take any notice?

All keepers make mistakes, just as all players do.

It's about context.
      We play high risk football at the back, both in defense and bringing it out.
      Then there's the fact that mistakes by keepers tend to be magnified.

Of course he has things to work on, and so does every other professional footballer in the world, but saying he is only a minor upgrade on Mignolet is complete bollocks I'm afraid.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #789: Apr 10, 2019 03:51:23 pm

8 months before making a negative comment on a player isn’t knee jerk.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,355 posts | 3602 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #790: Apr 10, 2019 03:53:21 pm

8 months before making a negative comment on a player isn’t knee jerk.

You’re right, belongs here instead - https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,3959.0.html
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,458 posts | 2465 
      Reply #791: Apr 10, 2019 03:53:54 pm
      All keepers make mistakes, just as all players do.

It's about context.
      We play high risk football at the back, both in defense and bringing it out.
      Then there's the fact that mistakes by keepers tend to be magnified.

Of course he has things to work on, and so does every other professional footballer in the world, but saying he is only a minor upgrade on Mignolet is complete bollocks I'm afraid.

It’s the ones who crave the fume and post “against the head” I can’t be arsed with.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #792: Apr 10, 2019 03:57:53 pm
      It’s the ones who crave the fume and post “against the head” I can’t be arsed with.

It’s the sheep that follow the shepherds I can’t be arsed with
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,258 posts | 270 
      Reply #793: Apr 10, 2019 03:58:38 pm
      ;D Alfie sure rattled everyone awake
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,458 posts | 2465 
      Reply #794: Apr 10, 2019 04:00:50 pm
      Love people challenging accepted wisdom where it’s valid.

Loathe people doing it for attention in a desperate attempt to sound interesting, edgy or vaguely relevant.

It’s beyond desperate and there’s form.

Bore off.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #795: Apr 10, 2019 04:02:19 pm
      I was looking back at my previous posts and earlier in the season I said I’d have him in the top 3 in the world with Oblak and De Gea so I have nothing against him I’m just commenting on what I’m seeing - a tendency for rashness and not great distribution. I get you could make an argument he is ahead of Ederson in other departments but Ederson wipes the floor with him in distribution
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #796: Apr 10, 2019 04:04:42 pm
      Love people challenging accepted wisdom where it’s valid.

Loathe people doing it for attention in a desperate attempt to sound interesting, edgy or vaguely relevant.

It’s beyond desperate and there’s form.

Bore off.

Give us peace. Rather than saying “think you’re barking up the wrong tree there son” or coming back with stats and numbers it always gets personal on this forum it’s like North Korea - to hell with anyone with a different view point it’s why the forum died a death years ago
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2019 04:11:32 pm by Alfie2510 »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,778 posts | 101 
      Reply #797: Apr 10, 2019 04:06:47 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,258 posts | 270 
      Reply #798: Apr 10, 2019 04:07:05 pm
      I was looking back at my previous posts and earlier in the season I said I’d have him in the top 3 in the world with Oblak and De Gea so I have nothing against him I’m just commenting on what I’m seeing - a tendency for rashness and not great distribution. I get you could make an argument he is ahead of Ederson in other departments but Ederson wipes the floor with him in distribution

Alisson is better outside of his net than in it and while Ederson has a prodigious left foot, Alisson is a superior overall both in distribution and shot stopping.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 346 
      Reply #799: Apr 10, 2019 04:10:31 pm
      Alisson is better outside of his net than in it and while Ederson has a prodigious left foot, Alisson is a superior overall both in distribution and shot stopping.

Definitely can’t agree with you there. But guess what I’m not going to insult you or fall out with you. I can disagree with you but still respect you. It’s a common courtesy alas not everyone has

Quick Reply