Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185848 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jul 19, 2018 11:05:55 pm

Wonder how much his suit and shoes are worth? 🤪
      Kopite78
      Reply #47: Jul 19, 2018 11:06:37 pm

So much he can't afford socks 🙄
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #48: Jul 19, 2018 11:07:26 pm

I think Naby may have some competition for best dressed player :D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #49: Jul 19, 2018 11:09:02 pm
      And hopefully, so ends about 6 years of talking about goalkeepers!

Welcome to the world's greatest football club, Al.

I'll drink to that! Will be worth every penny if that turns out to be the case.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #50: Jul 19, 2018 11:11:18 pm
      Wow. Well that is a statement that we mean business this year on all fronts.

Can't wait for season to start. Exciting times ahead.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #51: Jul 19, 2018 11:15:43 pm
      This is fantastic news, i had hoped Karius would work out but it wasn't to be.Our GK situation has been dire for so long now it will be good to know we have a world class keeper to depend on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #52: Jul 19, 2018 11:16:17 pm
      This Is For My Brother - Alisson Becker

This will tell you everything you need to know about my family in one quick story.

World Cup. 1998. Iā€™m 5 years old. My brother Muriel is 10. Weā€™re watching the Brazil vs. Holland semifinal at my auntā€™s house, and of course itā€™s a big party. My aunt had made all this food, and there was a big cake and everything.

The game goes to the penalties, and my father and my uncle are going crazy. They canā€™t take the pressure. They canā€™t even sit down.

When Taffarel saves the final penalty, my father runs from the living room to the kitchen screaming his head off, and then what does he do?

ā€¦ He smashes his face right into the cake. And then he runs back into the living room with icing all over his face, screaming, ā€œWeā€™re going to the Final! Weā€™re going to the Final!ā€

As a little kid, it was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

My dad was crazy, in the best way.

Twenty years later, his son is going to the World Cup. And, if I am being honest, I am probably more like him than I would like to admit! If youā€™ve seen me play for Brazil or Roma, you might see me as a fairly calming presence. But I havenā€™t always been like that. In fact, if you had sent a scout to write a report about me as a kid, I suspect it wouldā€™ve looked something like this:

Alisson Becker: goalkeeper, seven years old.

Short. Angry. Cries often.

I know that probably doesnā€™t sound like the goalkeeper of the Brazilian national team, but itā€™s true. I have come quite a long way.

Actually, when I entered my teens, I wasnā€™t even the best goalkeeper in my family. Muriel was also a goalie, and man, he loved to push my buttons. He knew exactly what he had to do to make me lose my temper. I think all big brothers have this talent. But in a way, he also helped me learn how to control my emotions.

Heā€™s the most important person in my story.

It was actually because of him that I ended up playing in goal. Some people say I was bound to be a goalie, and perhaps thatā€™s true as well. I mean, my mother was a goalkeeper on her handball team at school. My great grandfather played goalie for an amateur football club in my hometown of Novo Hamburgo. And my father was a goalie for his company team. So maybe it was part of Godā€™s plan for me, you know?

When I was five years old, my brother and I would go to watch my father play, and we saw how much he enjoyed it. To be honest, he was a bit crazy on the pitch, too ā€” heā€™d always dive headfirst toward the strikerā€™s feet to catch the ball. He had a really wild style. We both admired him, and his style is something we have inherited. I guess thatā€™s how kids are, isnā€™t it? You see your father do something well, and you think, ā€œI want to become like him.ā€

But the real reason I began in goal was my brother. I was playing with his friends, and they were all older and bigger than me. So when it came to picking teams ā€¦ well, of course, the short kid had to go in goal. It wasnā€™t even up for discussion, you know?

But that was O.K., because I liked going in goal. Actually, I loved it.

Of course, at that point football was just about having fun ā€” but then the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea came around. My brother and I would wake up at dawn and stuff our faces with chocolate, cornflakes and sweet milk ā€¦ and watch the games, of course. And when Brazil won it ā€¦ Iā€™ll never forget the feeling. It was like I had a revelation. I thought, This is what Iā€™m gonna do. Iā€™m gonna play for Brazil. Iā€™m gonna go to the World Cup. And Iā€™m gonna win it.

So I began to take football seriously. Iā€™d guard the goal whenever we played on the streets in Novo Hamburgo. When our family moved from our apartment block and into a house, my brother and I would play 1-v-1 with a little plastic football. We would open up these doors to the living room and use them as our goal posts. Man, it was carnage! And so much fun. Maybe the best times in life.

By this stage I had started playing for the youth team at Internacional, in Porto Alegre. Itā€™s one of the big clubs in Brazil, so I was clearly doing something right. But I did have one problem.

I was still a shorty.

You see, physically, I matured late, so all the goalkeepers at my age were taller and stronger than me. We had this maturation test that graded players from one to five. And when my teammates had reached stage five ā€” I was still at stage two. And thatā€™s no good for a goalkeeper, right? You gotta be tall, you gotta jump high, you gotta cover the goal.

In other words, the shorty wasnā€™t very good.

So I ended up being a reserve.

And then Internacional signed another goalkeeper from Palmeiras. And guess what ā€¦ surprise, surprise! He was bigger and stronger than me, too. I just thought, Great, now Iā€™m third choice. How the hell am I ever gonna play for Brazil like this?

I had serious doubts. Then came the Nike Cup ā€” this huge competition for 14- and 15-year-olds. When my brother had played in it, he had been voted the best goalie at the tournament. He had the trophy in our house, and I used to look at it and say, ā€œMan, I want one, too.ā€

But I didnā€™t even play. And honestly, I thought about packing it in. I knew about all of these legends, like Iker Casillas and Gianluigi Buffon, who had made their first-team debuts at 17, and I wanted to be like them. How long could I wait?

Was it ever gonna happen for me? It didnā€™t really look like it.

The club had this doubt about whether I would start growing, or whether Iā€™d always be a shorty. I think God was watching over me, because they decided to wait one more year, to see if Iā€™d begin to mature.

My technique improved rapidly. And then an amazing thing happened: I finally started to grow. In one year, I went from 170 centimeters to 187 centimeters. My maturity level shot up to four. Suddenly I had the physique and the technique. People began to take notice of me ā€” more than I even realized. This one day when I was 16, I was at the beach with some friends near my grandparentsā€™ home. When I checked my phone, I had five missed calls from my grandfather. I was fearing the worst, honestly.

I thought, My goodness, maybe somethingā€™s happened to my family. I called back in a panic, saying, ā€œGrandpa, what happened?ā€

He said, ā€œKid, you gotta come back home right now.ā€

ā€œWhy?! Did someone get hurt? Did someone die?ā€

ā€œNo, no, no ā€¦ Youā€™ve been called up to play for the Brazil Under-17s.ā€

I ā€¦ well, I didnā€™t really believe it. I just didnā€™t. My grandfather was always a joker, you know? So I still felt I should run home to check, just to make sure. Then my uncle called me ā€¦ and he said the same.

ā€œWhatā€™s up, ugly? Congratulations!ā€

But I still didnā€™t believe it. I thought they were playing a joke.

I ran for 30 minutes from the beach to my house so I could go on the computer and check the official CBF website ā€¦ I pulled up the page and there it was: Alisson Becker. I really had been called up

And it was pretty funny, looking back, because there were a few other names you might know on the roster that day.

Neymar and Coutinho.

Things went very fast after that. In 2013, at 20, I made my senior debut for Internacional, and two years later I played my first senior game for Brazil. That game changed my life. Sometimes I actually stop and think, Wow, man. Iā€™m here. The Brazilian national team. I am going to the World Cup. This is a miracle of God.

For everything I have accomplished, I have to thank my brother.

You see, since we were playing the same position for the same club, people were always comparing us. They were like, ā€œIs Alisson gonna be as good as Muriel?ā€ Some said yes, some said no. I didnā€™t really want to compare myself to my brother ā€¦ but he gave me something to aim towards. As a professional, I had to compare myself to those who were above me, you know? I always wanted to be better than him, but heā€™s also super competitive, so he never wanted to lose to me. So in this period at Internacional we were training hard every day ā€” and I do mean every day ā€” and neither of us wanted to be worse than the other. And let me tell you, that was a huge source of motivation for us. When I was tired, heā€™d say, ā€œCome on bro, letā€™s do some more!ā€ And Iā€™d do it.

And when he was tired, Iā€™d tell him, ā€œMove it, old man! Look at me ā€” Iā€™m just a kid, and Iā€™m still beating you!ā€

It was this way ever since we were boys, playing with a plastic ball. Itā€™s a competition based in a lot of love.

Sometimes itā€™s so easy to forget how lucky I am. What I definitely wonā€™t forget is who helped me get here. So this summer, Iā€™m not just gonna play for Brazil ā€¦ Iā€™m gonna play for my brother, too. And honestly, every time I put on the Brazil shirt, I think about all the training we did together.

So if youā€™re reading this, brother, know that every save I make in Russia is yours as well. My success is your success ā€” because weā€™re part of the same story. And for that, I will always be grateful.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/alisson-becker-this-is-for-my-brother
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #53: Jul 19, 2018 11:17:34 pm
      So much he can't afford socks 🙄

he's got invisible socks mate, it's trendy and fashionable in Italy :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #54: Jul 19, 2018 11:20:14 pm
      So he did sign this morning after all... ;)

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #55: Jul 19, 2018 11:20:14 pm
      Well pleased. We needed a goalie, JĆ¼rgen obviously rates him very highly or we wouldn't be paying this for him, and fair fucks to FSG for backing him.

Over the last year we are showing some serious ambition in the transfer market, and we are obviously looking to have a real go at the title, and trophies in general.

Welcome to LFC Alisson.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #56: Jul 19, 2018 11:22:57 pm
      This Is For My Brother - Alisson Becker

This will tell you everything you need to know about my family in one quick story.

World Cup. 1998. Iā€™m 5 years old. My brother Muriel is 10. Weā€™re watching the Brazil vs. Holland semifinal at my auntā€™s house, and of course itā€™s a big party. My aunt had made all this food, and there was a big cake and everything.

The game goes to the penalties, and my father and my uncle are going crazy. They canā€™t take the pressure. They canā€™t even sit down.

When Taffarel saves the final penalty, my father runs from the living room to the kitchen screaming his head off, and then what does he do?

ā€¦ He smashes his face right into the cake. And then he runs back into the living room with icing all over his face, screaming, ā€œWeā€™re going to the Final! Weā€™re going to the Final!ā€

As a little kid, it was the funniest thing I had ever seen.

My dad was crazy, in the best way.

Twenty years later, his son is going to the World Cup. And, if I am being honest, I am probably more like him than I would like to admit! If youā€™ve seen me play for Brazil or Roma, you might see me as a fairly calming presence. But I havenā€™t always been like that. In fact, if you had sent a scout to write a report about me as a kid, I suspect it wouldā€™ve looked something like this:

Alisson Becker: goalkeeper, seven years old.

Short. Angry. Cries often.

I know that probably doesnā€™t sound like the goalkeeper of the Brazilian national team, but itā€™s true. I have come quite a long way.

Actually, when I entered my teens, I wasnā€™t even the best goalkeeper in my family. Muriel was also a goalie, and man, he loved to push my buttons. He knew exactly what he had to do to make me lose my temper. I think all big brothers have this talent. But in a way, he also helped me learn how to control my emotions.

Heā€™s the most important person in my story.

It was actually because of him that I ended up playing in goal. Some people say I was bound to be a goalie, and perhaps thatā€™s true as well. I mean, my mother was a goalkeeper on her handball team at school. My great grandfather played goalie for an amateur football club in my hometown of Novo Hamburgo. And my father was a goalie for his company team. So maybe it was part of Godā€™s plan for me, you know?

When I was five years old, my brother and I would go to watch my father play, and we saw how much he enjoyed it. To be honest, he was a bit crazy on the pitch, too ā€” heā€™d always dive headfirst toward the strikerā€™s feet to catch the ball. He had a really wild style. We both admired him, and his style is something we have inherited. I guess thatā€™s how kids are, isnā€™t it? You see your father do something well, and you think, ā€œI want to become like him.ā€

But the real reason I began in goal was my brother. I was playing with his friends, and they were all older and bigger than me. So when it came to picking teams ā€¦ well, of course, the short kid had to go in goal. It wasnā€™t even up for discussion, you know?

But that was O.K., because I liked going in goal. Actually, I loved it.

Of course, at that point football was just about having fun ā€” but then the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea came around. My brother and I would wake up at dawn and stuff our faces with chocolate, cornflakes and sweet milk ā€¦ and watch the games, of course. And when Brazil won it ā€¦ Iā€™ll never forget the feeling. It was like I had a revelation. I thought, This is what Iā€™m gonna do. Iā€™m gonna play for Brazil. Iā€™m gonna go to the World Cup. And Iā€™m gonna win it.

So I began to take football seriously. Iā€™d guard the goal whenever we played on the streets in Novo Hamburgo. When our family moved from our apartment block and into a house, my brother and I would play 1-v-1 with a little plastic football. We would open up these doors to the living room and use them as our goal posts. Man, it was carnage! And so much fun. Maybe the best times in life.

By this stage I had started playing for the youth team at Internacional, in Porto Alegre. Itā€™s one of the big clubs in Brazil, so I was clearly doing something right. But I did have one problem.

I was still a shorty.

You see, physically, I matured late, so all the goalkeepers at my age were taller and stronger than me. We had this maturation test that graded players from one to five. And when my teammates had reached stage five ā€” I was still at stage two. And thatā€™s no good for a goalkeeper, right? You gotta be tall, you gotta jump high, you gotta cover the goal.

In other words, the shorty wasnā€™t very good.

So I ended up being a reserve.

And then Internacional signed another goalkeeper from Palmeiras. And guess what ā€¦ surprise, surprise! He was bigger and stronger than me, too. I just thought, Great, now Iā€™m third choice. How the hell am I ever gonna play for Brazil like this?

I had serious doubts. Then came the Nike Cup ā€” this huge competition for 14- and 15-year-olds. When my brother had played in it, he had been voted the best goalie at the tournament. He had the trophy in our house, and I used to look at it and say, ā€œMan, I want one, too.ā€

But I didnā€™t even play. And honestly, I thought about packing it in. I knew about all of these legends, like Iker Casillas and Gianluigi Buffon, who had made their first-team debuts at 17, and I wanted to be like them. How long could I wait?

Was it ever gonna happen for me? It didnā€™t really look like it.

The club had this doubt about whether I would start growing, or whether Iā€™d always be a shorty. I think God was watching over me, because they decided to wait one more year, to see if Iā€™d begin to mature.

My technique improved rapidly. And then an amazing thing happened: I finally started to grow. In one year, I went from 170 centimeters to 187 centimeters. My maturity level shot up to four. Suddenly I had the physique and the technique. People began to take notice of me ā€” more than I even realized. This one day when I was 16, I was at the beach with some friends near my grandparentsā€™ home. When I checked my phone, I had five missed calls from my grandfather. I was fearing the worst, honestly.

I thought, My goodness, maybe somethingā€™s happened to my family. I called back in a panic, saying, ā€œGrandpa, what happened?ā€

He said, ā€œKid, you gotta come back home right now.ā€

ā€œWhy?! Did someone get hurt? Did someone die?ā€

ā€œNo, no, no ā€¦ Youā€™ve been called up to play for the Brazil Under-17s.ā€

I ā€¦ well, I didnā€™t really believe it. I just didnā€™t. My grandfather was always a joker, you know? So I still felt I should run home to check, just to make sure. Then my uncle called me ā€¦ and he said the same.

ā€œWhatā€™s up, ugly? Congratulations!ā€

But I still didnā€™t believe it. I thought they were playing a joke.

I ran for 30 minutes from the beach to my house so I could go on the computer and check the official CBF website ā€¦ I pulled up the page and there it was: Alisson Becker. I really had been called up

And it was pretty funny, looking back, because there were a few other names you might know on the roster that day.

Neymar and Coutinho.

Things went very fast after that. In 2013, at 20, I made my senior debut for Internacional, and two years later I played my first senior game for Brazil. That game changed my life. Sometimes I actually stop and think, Wow, man. Iā€™m here. The Brazilian national team. I am going to the World Cup. This is a miracle of God.

For everything I have accomplished, I have to thank my brother.

You see, since we were playing the same position for the same club, people were always comparing us. They were like, ā€œIs Alisson gonna be as good as Muriel?ā€ Some said yes, some said no. I didnā€™t really want to compare myself to my brother ā€¦ but he gave me something to aim towards. As a professional, I had to compare myself to those who were above me, you know? I always wanted to be better than him, but heā€™s also super competitive, so he never wanted to lose to me. So in this period at Internacional we were training hard every day ā€” and I do mean every day ā€” and neither of us wanted to be worse than the other. And let me tell you, that was a huge source of motivation for us. When I was tired, heā€™d say, ā€œCome on bro, letā€™s do some more!ā€ And Iā€™d do it.

And when he was tired, Iā€™d tell him, ā€œMove it, old man! Look at me ā€” Iā€™m just a kid, and Iā€™m still beating you!ā€

It was this way ever since we were boys, playing with a plastic ball. Itā€™s a competition based in a lot of love.

Sometimes itā€™s so easy to forget how lucky I am. What I definitely wonā€™t forget is who helped me get here. So this summer, Iā€™m not just gonna play for Brazil ā€¦ Iā€™m gonna play for my brother, too. And honestly, every time I put on the Brazil shirt, I think about all the training we did together.

So if youā€™re reading this, brother, know that every save I make in Russia is yours as well. My success is your success ā€” because weā€™re part of the same story. And for that, I will always be grateful.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/alisson-becker-this-is-for-my-brother

I shot up from 5ā€™8 to 6ā€™3 when I was 16, I know the feeling!

Love this guy already.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #57: Jul 19, 2018 11:27:13 pm
      Think I'm gonna buy myself an Alisson shirt this season. My first GK shirt!
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #58: Jul 19, 2018 11:32:16 pm
      What a day to be a red
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #59: Jul 19, 2018 11:52:03 pm
      So he did sign this morning after all... ;)

Wooho

Welcome to the club.

YNWA ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #60: Jul 20, 2018 12:16:59 am
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #61: Jul 20, 2018 12:27:02 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #62: Jul 20, 2018 02:04:10 am
      Get the fuckity F**k in. F***ing delirious. It's all coming together!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Jul 20, 2018 05:54:02 am
      Welcome aboard Al!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #64: Jul 20, 2018 07:39:07 am
      What a signing. Welcome home Alisson. We have a complete team. Just do not lose anyone Klopp.
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #65: Jul 20, 2018 08:02:36 am
      As much as some of us didn't want us spending ridiculous money on a GK not named De Gea, Courtois, or Ederson, and as much we may still have certain doubts about Alisson's game, the relief that comes from knowing Karius is not our #1 keeper is immense! Now that he is one of ours, will obviously back the guy and welcome him into the fam.

I wonder if he realises how much of a hero he's going to be if he's anything better than decent haha
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #66: Jul 20, 2018 08:58:12 am
      Welcome to L.F.C. I hope you have many years at ANFIELD  and you are a fantastic success.We have needed a good goalie for a long time and now we have got one.One further thing just make sure number 19 comes home to ANFIELD this season and you will go down in history,
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #67: Jul 20, 2018 09:41:46 am
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #68: Jul 20, 2018 10:37:45 am
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018 10:43:41 am by JD »

Quick Reply