Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185770 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jul 31, 2018 04:48:17 pm
      Alisson: I feel at home at Liverpool already!

Alisson Becker only completed his first training session as a Liverpool player this morning, but the goalkeeper insists he is already feeling at home.

Signed from AS Roma earlier this month, the Brazilian's need for a post-World Cup break delayed the official start of his Reds career. However, he has been able to link up with Jürgen Klopp's squad for the first time today as they begin a five-day training camp in France.

And, speaking to Liverpoolfc.com after Tuesday morning's session, the 25-year-old revealed that he is fitting in quickly. He said: "It has been a great day which I had been looking forward to. I’ve had a good few resting days with my family but we all couldn’t wait to get the new season under way soon.

"It’s only my first day and I feel at home already!  I’ve met some of my teammates and had my first morning session but the day isn’t over yet as we’ll carry on training this afternoon."

Liverpool get their 2018-19 Premier League campaign under way in just 12 days' time when West Ham United visit Anfield. But Alisson is confident he can make the most of upcoming friendlies and training sessions in order to quickly adapt to an unfamiliar style of play between now and then.

"Although these two weeks don’t seem like a long time, it’s enough for us to be ready for our first game against West Ham," he added. "We’ll play two friendlies before this game and I’m sure the hard work the squad have put in so far is going to help me become a member of the squad as quickly as possible so that I am 100 per cent ready for our first game to kick off the Premier League in a good way.

"This initial training session has been useful for me to see what our playing style should be in the Premier League. It’s also showed me that the team are very well adapted to it and everyone seems to be physically fit, not to say technically – they’re all great players after all.

"I’m very happy to have them alongside me and to be a part of this project that Liverpool have and the great work they have been doing over recent years. I hope I can help and bring something extra to the team."

Alisson is already familiar with three members of Klopp's squad, having played alongside Fabinho and Roberto Firmino for his country and teamed up with Mohamed Salah at Roma. But Brazil's No.1 is keen to get to know every player well as he believes team spirit will be vital to the squad's lofty aims for the season.

"It’s important I get to know them as quickly as possible," he continued."The relationship we develop off the pitch is very helpful for us to gel as a team. I know Fabinho and Bobby and I’m sure they’re going to help me. I’ve also already worked with 'Mo Mo' [Salah], the three of them will be very important for me to settle into the squad.

"My first impression tells me it won’t be difficult for me here – it’s a great squad formed by great players and brilliant professionals. I’m sure it’s going to be a great season for us all."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/309882-alisson-becker-liverpool-fc-interview

Can't wait to see this fine piece of meat in action! :D

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #116: Jul 31, 2018 05:12:05 pm
      you know the pundits will be foaming at the mouth waiting for his first error. I think we have all been waiting for a goal keeper of this calibre for sometime now.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #117: Jul 31, 2018 06:37:36 pm
      you know the pundits will be foaming at the mouth waiting for his first error. I think we have all been waiting for a goal keeper of this calibre for sometime now.

He's going to make errors.
      All 'keepers do, and he plays a particularly high risk game.

That said, hopefully his contribution in goal, sweeping and passing will far outweigh any F**k ups.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #118: Jul 31, 2018 08:11:14 pm
      Good first impression it seems. Fine save from close range.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/q1024327193177088005/video/1
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #119: Jul 31, 2018 08:59:19 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #120: Aug 01, 2018 11:13:52 pm
      Got a shirt number yet?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #121: Aug 02, 2018 12:16:05 pm

13 , but will take 1 if Karius leaves obviously.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #122: Aug 02, 2018 12:20:24 pm
      I wasn’t too excsited when we were linked with him, never really impressed me in any game I saw of his. But hell with it, was happy we actually got him signed and already looking forward to him hopefully having a lot of years with us. Won me over straight away :laugh: maybe the way he has gone about his interviews and the way he’s impressing in training straight away.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #123: Aug 02, 2018 12:44:24 pm

They will and they'll make a big song and dance about it as if not keeper ever makes a mistake.

F**k them. I pay little attention to them these days as the vast majority talk out of their aresholes.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #124: Aug 02, 2018 01:52:17 pm
      They will and they'll make a big song and dance about it as if not keeper ever makes a mistake.

F**k them. I pay little attention to them these days as the vast majority talk out of their aresholes.

Exactly, who cares about the media.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #125: Aug 03, 2018 07:40:10 am
      I wasn’t too excsited when we were linked with him, never really impressed me in any game I saw of his. But hell with it, was happy we actually got him signed and already looking forward to him hopefully having a lot of years with us. Won me over straight away :laugh: maybe the way he has gone about his interviews and the way he’s impressing in training straight away.

He certainly has an impressive aura about him. Seems like he has his sh*t together.

Mugs always struck me as square and Karius' carry on is nothing but bravado IMO. This guy seems totally at ease with himself so if a mistake comes I'm more confident he can shrug it off and carry on.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #126: Aug 03, 2018 09:19:03 am
      Long time since we had a Boss keeper..

Chuffed..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #127: Aug 03, 2018 09:29:44 am
      Not seen anything of him yet but can't be any worse than the other two muppets you had.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #128: Aug 03, 2018 11:19:30 am
      Not seen anything of him yet but can't be any worse than the other two muppets you had.

We used to say that before Bogdan was in goal :-) but in all seriousness I think Alisson is a class act, hopefully he'll be as good for us as De Gea is for you.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #129: Aug 03, 2018 12:46:59 pm
      We used to say that before Bogdan was in goal :-) but in all seriousness I think Alisson is a class act, hopefully he'll be as good for us as De Gea is for you.

There hasn’t half been some utter sh*t signed for this club in the last 10 years. Completely forgot about Bogdan.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #130: Aug 03, 2018 01:18:31 pm

If money talks then you'll easily finish 2nd 18/19 season with this goalkeeper.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #131: Aug 03, 2018 01:26:56 pm
      If money talks then you'll easily finish 2nd 18/19 season with this goalkeeper.

I agree that on paper Citeh should win it again but it is very hard to win back to back league titles, I just have a feeling that Citeh won't be quite as dominant this season as last it would be almost impossible for them to do that. I think if all our new players gel quickly and we can stay injury free then we have our best chance in years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #132: Aug 03, 2018 02:33:53 pm
      I agree that on paper Citeh should win it again but it is very hard to win back to back league titles, I just have a feeling that Citeh won't be quite as dominant this season as last it would be almost impossible for them to do that. I think if all our new players gel quickly and we can stay injury free then we have our best chance in years.

It is hard unless your names Manchester United.  ;D  City haven't gone backward though so just can't see anyone matching their consistency.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #133: Aug 03, 2018 02:40:35 pm
      It is hard unless your names Manchester United.  ;D  City haven't gone backward though so just can't see anyone matching their consistency.

Outside the top 5, City pretty much dominates them all with their football, so we should expect City to win at the very least, 28 (84 points) games next season.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #134: Aug 04, 2018 11:19:52 pm
      Safe to say #13 is set for Alisson? I'm definitely looking to purchase the green kit he wore today. Rather that than the yellow or pink.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #135: Aug 05, 2018 12:28:45 am
      Safe to say #13 is set for Alisson? I'm definitely looking to purchase the green kit he wore today. Rather that than the yellow or pink.

No. It's provisional. He still has AB1 on his gloves and #AB1 on his social media account posts.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #136: Aug 05, 2018 12:36:24 am
      He's the main reason I wanted to watch the game, and I got the F***ing time wrong  :laugh:

I thought it kicked off at 7, not 6  :laugh:

So I ended up going out early instead with gf after I missed the first half #sulkingfuckit   :f_tongueincheek:
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #137: Aug 05, 2018 05:17:46 am
      No. It's provisional. He still has AB1 on his gloves and #AB1 on his social media account posts.

Gotcha. Going to wait it out then.

Quick Reply