Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185827 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #483: Nov 16, 2018 10:12:03 am
      I didn't rate Reina, Mignolet, Karius, or Bogdan. I think Alisson is the best keeper I have seen in a Liverpool shirt and he is one of the best keepers in the world. I couldn't give a crap about comparing him to Ederson. There is no other keeper we could have got that would have done this well I don't think.

Some supporters here have seen the likes of Tommy Lawrence and Ray Clemence

Rib'
      Thats my point in away...

You have the right to see Alisson as the best, just as I have the right to think Ederson is better. It is not being disloyal or even controversial.

"We like who we like" It's like those who Like Henderson and those who don't.

I am glad we have Becker as our Keeper, although  Mignolet was great at saving penalties
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #484: Nov 16, 2018 10:21:54 am
      Some supporters here have seen the likes of Tommy Lawrence and Ray Clemence

Rib'
      Thats my point in away...

You have the right to see Alisson as the best, just as I have the right to think Ederson is better. It is not being disloyal or even controversial.

"We like who we like" It's like those who Like Henderson and those who don't.

I am glad we have Becker as our Keeper, although  Mignolet was great at saving penalties

Not that good at saving them. Failed to save about 13 of them in a shootout with ‘Boro.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #485: Nov 16, 2018 10:35:39 am
      5 goals conceded in the league this season, compared to 17 a year ago. Our best defensive start to a league campaign for 40 years. Regardless of how good VVD and Gomez have been, this wouldn’t have been the case with our current bench warmer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/el_mansfield/status/1061778213934784512

Now compare that to that sack o’ sh*te Mignolet over the years. At the midway point of last season, Migs had conceded the same amount of goals as he had made saves (23). His highest saves per goal ratio for us is 1.56. - Link.

Alisson has been worth every single penny so far. Can bet your house if it was another season with either Migs or Karius, they wouldn’t have that record and we wouldn’t be 2 points off 1st right now.

Talking rubbish there, been our best keeper for a long time. What was it, 3 consecutive golden gloves and equalled the club record of 11 consecutive clean sheets, was good with the ball and had a lot of similarities to Alisson so how you can say you didn’t rate him is beyond me. His final couple years at the club weren’t his best but what did you expect? The likes of him, Kuyt, Maxi etc were all deemed unwanted and too old, as well as being demoralised from having to work with Woy.
      Regarding Reina, he ticked some boxes, good at commanding the area but I thought Reina's reflexes were a bit slow, I don't think it was an age thing either. Reina was better than Mignolet but to me Allison is a lot better than both of them combined.

Edit: Apologies if anybody read the original bad grammar before I fixed it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #486: Nov 16, 2018 10:59:55 am
      Regarding Reina, he ticked some boxes, good at commanding the area but I thought Reina's reflexes were a bit slow, I don't think it was an age thing either. Reina was better than Mignolet but to me Allison is a lot better than both of them combined.

I agree Reina was good, in his prime, but Alisson is already better, in his first season! Its honestly frightening to think how good Alisson will become.

BTW Ederson is also a very good keeper but its always easier to look good when your team is as dominant as Citeh currently are. Its the same as Karius looking pretty good last season because our forwards were so awesome, but if you actually look at save percentages etc he was just ok'ish.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #487: Nov 16, 2018 05:58:26 pm
      Watching Ederson ping it about last Sunday against United was great to watch, the kid wouldn't look out of place in midfield.
      He would definitely look out of place, his kit is yellow.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #488: Nov 16, 2018 06:10:37 pm

Evidence please.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #489: Nov 16, 2018 06:14:31 pm

Sunderland,   couldn't even  save off a beach ball  :lmao:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #490: Nov 16, 2018 07:39:58 pm
      He’s F***ing quality!!!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #491: Nov 16, 2018 10:16:45 pm
      Not that good at saving them. Failed to save about 13 of them in a shootout with ‘Boro.
      ;D.... Has save a few in his time for us away from that game
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #492: Nov 25, 2018 11:12:09 am
      The save at 0-0 some are raving about is it me or would you not fully expect him to save it?

.https://twitter.com/_roarofthekop_/status/1066358147814707200?s=21.

Don’t want to take anything away from him it is a good save and he does well to parry it but if that ends up in a goal I’m pointing the finger at him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #493: Nov 25, 2018 11:19:22 am
      The save at 0-0 some are raving about is it me or would you not fully expect him to save it?

Seeing as we’ve had far too many years of a certain clown in goal, my money would be on that having resulted in a goal.

I think what some people tend to miss is that although it’s deemed a straight forward save to be making, it’s a testament to his concentration levels. A lot of the time Alisson has sod all to do but is then suddenly called into action but reacts as if he’s been busy all game. Our previous keepers, this certainly wasn’t the case.
      Maybe a reason why Ederson has a habbit of giving away penalties, has little to do in games but then when he is called into action, his concentration and anticipation isn’t there.

Oh and if that had gone in, I’d also be pointing fingers at Lovren and Trent on why the player was able to run through so easily to get a shot away in the first place.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #494: Nov 25, 2018 11:19:38 am

Don’t want to take anything away from him it is a good save and he does well to parry it but if that ends up in a goal I’m pointing the finger at him

No. It’s defo you 😉
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #495: Nov 25, 2018 11:20:37 am

at that range? Most keepers wouldn't have the reflexes to move nevermind save it. Mignolet would have been very unlikely to stop that.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #496: Nov 25, 2018 02:58:01 pm

It’s a great save.

It’s sometimes difficult for people to appreciate a goalkeeper because they don’t quite understand that a save is not just getting a glove (or any body part) to the ball, it’s also what happens in the moments leading up to the shot. It’s a comfortable save because he makes it a comfortable save. He was positioned well, focused and very quick to react. If you watch that clip, his reflexes are incredible; he is pretty much already diving as the shot is hit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #497: Nov 25, 2018 04:58:34 pm
      I’d swap him for Pickford in a New York minute (bring on the hate ;D)

It's a F***ing brain examination you need!!

Definitely halfwit behaviour wanting Mr Small Arms in goal.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #498: Nov 25, 2018 05:00:40 pm

Point away all you want, but if you can't see he's an upgrade on the other two halfwits we've had to put up with in goal, there's no helping you :laugh:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #499: Nov 25, 2018 07:06:11 pm
      Outside of his distribution in the first few games he hasn’t done anything that suggest his price tag. I was really hoping he would be good at saving shots. He certainly doesn’t suck at it, but he isn’t anything special either. The 2nd goal today and the Arsenal one as well are tough shots, but are both balls a lot of keepers make. Disappointed. I’d swap him for Pickford in a New York minute (bring on the hate ;D)
      I rate Pickford as a good keeper, but I doubt he's on Alissons level.

Mignolet D-
      Pickford B+
      Alisson A+   

Pickford is great and deserves top four football, but Alisson is better.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #500: Nov 25, 2018 08:14:11 pm
      Goals conceded 5 and people want to pick the lads performance apart and suggest a f***in Pickford is a better goalkeeper OMG the world has gone f***in MAD
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #501: Nov 25, 2018 08:39:58 pm
      Point away all you want, but if you can't see he's an upgrade on the other two halfwits we've had to put up with in goal, there's no helping you :laugh:

Don’t think I said anything about them who shalln’t be named
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #502: Nov 25, 2018 10:14:04 pm
      we need another thread for moaning bitches who cant enjoy what is likely to be a record breaking season in so many ways.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #503: Nov 25, 2018 10:52:28 pm
      we need another thread for moaning bitches who cant enjoy what is likely to be a record breaking season in so many ways.

Agreed - Becker is F***ing quality.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #504: Nov 25, 2018 10:57:55 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #505: Nov 25, 2018 11:19:48 pm
      Who the F**k is saying Pickford is better? Get the F**k down the road there's a big blue pile of sh*t building that has plenty of seats available for ya to go see your F***ing hero flap his arms about uselessly while he dreams of football coming home in the F***ing nations league the sack of tw*ts.

Quick Reply