Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185736 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #552: Dec 03, 2018 06:34:35 pm
      Did he let in the least amount of goals then ? Get a golden gloves or was that just a statement of opinion as opposed to fact ?

It’s painful reading your posts.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #553: Dec 03, 2018 06:43:01 pm
      Did he let in the least amount of goals then ? Get a golden gloves or was that just a statement of opinion as opposed to fact ?
      Since Alisson has been in the premier league, Alisson has had the best stats. There's no arguing this fact.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #554: Dec 03, 2018 06:53:14 pm
      Degea is an incredible goalkeeper probably the best shot stopper around because he has had to be. But I wouldn't sawp him because its clear to me that Becker reads the game so well like an outfield player he is so quick to release the ball and set up attacks even yesterday running out of goal to move the ball 10 yards for Trent was just genius stuff.
      We have got someone really really special 5 goals conceded in 14 games is just incredible and he and the back 4 are a team in themselves
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #555: Dec 03, 2018 06:59:26 pm
      Piss off mate, just because it's a different league with different style of play it doesn't mean he's facing less or some how worse shots.

Fair enough he has to do it consistently, but last season and the form he is showing so far surely he is up there with the best in the world.

Piss off ? Interesting response

Last season we scored how many past him ? Serie A is a poor standard beyond the top 2 maybe three - the rest of the league are pretty much piss poor and he could go games without facing shots which help some random stat

Stats don’t tell a full story and they can be used to mask or suggest anything - Alisson was a good keeper at Roma , he made mistakes and he also let him a few poor goals he should have saved , he has also made mistakes for us.

He is a superb keeper prob going to be one of our best but he has a bit to go yet to be alongside DDG who along with Oblak are the two best in the world - Alisson is the next one down the list with Ederson and prob Donnarumma and Courtois

DDG season after season has kept the Mancs somewhere near the top 4 - without him they would be bottom half of the table
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #556: Dec 03, 2018 07:00:49 pm
      It’s painful reading your posts.

Coming from you that’s such a deep insult
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #557: Dec 03, 2018 07:02:29 pm
      Jaysus things become so polarised in here now.

All the lad is saying - not unreasonably in my opinion - is that Alisson is a smashing keeper / signing.

BUT

Whilst we’re delighted to have him - it’s a wee bit premature to call him best in the world / league against De Gea’s body of work.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #558: Dec 03, 2018 07:03:35 pm
      Since Alisson has been in the premier league, Alisson has had the best stats. There's no arguing this fact.

Which stat is that then ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #559: Dec 03, 2018 07:05:44 pm
      Jaysus things become so polarised in here now.

All the lad is saying - not unreasonably in my opinion - is that Alisson is a smashing keeper / signing.

BUT

Whilst we’re delighted to have him - it’s a wee bit premature to call him best in the world / league against De Gea’s body of work.

Spot on - didn’t realise it was that hard to understand for some
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #560: Dec 03, 2018 07:10:08 pm
      Lets all just agree Alisson “this season so far” is better than De Gea.

Stats don’t lie and also De Gea was sh*te for Spain at the WC.

End of argument.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #561: Dec 03, 2018 07:11:30 pm
      Lets all just agree Alisson “this season so far” is better than De Gea.

Stats don’t lie and also De Gea was sh*te for Spain at the WC.

End of argument.

Equally fair 👍
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #562: Dec 03, 2018 07:12:41 pm
      And that's why it pains me to say he's the best.
      He's probably worth at least 15 points a season for them even with their bus parking.

Alisson is a fabulous upgrade to what we had , and in time could surpass DDG , to do that he’s going to have to get to top of the tree , pains me to say this as I dislike them fckers with a passion but anyone who thinks DDG is not top of the heap is either on a wind up or knows Fck all about the game .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #563: Dec 03, 2018 07:22:31 pm
      Coming from you that’s such a deep insult

Good
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #564: Dec 03, 2018 07:27:10 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #565: Dec 03, 2018 07:53:09 pm

I totally agree with you but not the choice of words.

I think Becker is better keeper at the moment and he now needs to continue to show all the English football.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #566: Dec 03, 2018 09:50:09 pm
      Who gives a sh*t ,he’s a massive massive upgrade on the two we had , that’ll do for starters , would agree Manc or not DDG has been at the top for a while in fact he’s been the only thing keeping them cu*ts  up there .

Exactly mate who gives a sh*t? De Gea will be off to Madrid within a year, hopefully and we will have Alisson for the next 10 years.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #567: Dec 03, 2018 11:42:25 pm
      Exactly mate who gives a sh*t? De Gea will be off to Madrid within a year, hopefully and we will have Alisson for the next 10 years.
      Can’t see him going to Madrid tbh they’ve got courtois now so that particular avenue is blocked ,unless of course you meant Athletici which on the whole would still be an upgrade from the scum 😁
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #568: Dec 04, 2018 12:14:32 am
      Can’t see him going to Madrid tbh they’ve got courtois now so that particular avenue is blocked ,unless of course you meant Athletici which on the whole would still be an upgrade from the scum 😁

I think he’s in the Pepe Reina mode being fed up of playing in a sh*t team for a dour uninspiring Manager
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #569: Dec 04, 2018 07:39:14 pm
      Chris Bascombe said at the start of the season, that all a gk has to do for Liverpool, is do very little very well. He had 2 saves to make last weekend, and made them. He had to come out to win the second one cleanly. Without them, Divock can't win the game.

When his rival for his national team spot had to race out and win the ball cleanly recently, he took the forward down not once but twice, and conceded 2 penalties.

The forwards get all the attention and adulation, but without Alisson we don't win the games we should win and we wouldn't be hunting City down. 9 clean sheets so far in 14 games is about as close to waterproof as you can get.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #570: Dec 04, 2018 10:46:21 pm
      Chris Bascombe said at the start of the season, that all a gk has to do for Liverpool, is do very little very well. He had 2 saves to make last weekend, and made them. He had to come out to win the second one cleanly. Without them, Divock can't win the game.

When his rival for his national team spot had to race out and win the ball cleanly recently, he took the forward down not once but twice, and conceded 2 penalties.

The forwards get all the attention and adulation, but without Alisson we don't win the games we should win and we wouldn't be hunting City down. 9 clean sheets so far in 14 games is about as close to waterproof as you can get.
      It really is crazy when you think about it.

14 games. 5 goals. 9 clean sheets. Max 1 goal conceded in a single game.

We have big big characters in our defense.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #571: Dec 05, 2018 09:17:45 am
      Best keeper in the league?

I think so and he appears to be a leader as well.

We're getting a few 'captain's in side now which is great to see as well.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #572: Dec 05, 2018 10:13:14 am
      As good as DeGea is he has conceded 22 goals now Backer an incredible 5. He looks to me as if he is now fully integrated into the club and looks very relaxed and happy to be here.
      Poor old KArius and Migs must realise looking at him he is one of the best goalkeepers in the world right now
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #573: Dec 05, 2018 09:56:53 pm
      Rock solid, oozes class.
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #574: Dec 05, 2018 10:00:46 pm
      Best keeper in the league?

I think so and he appears to be a leader as well.

We're getting a few 'captain's in side now which is great to see as well.

I wanted him all summer and when it finally went down, I was thrilled. He has been as advertised.

Quick Reply