Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 186094 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #621: Dec 07, 2018 08:51:48 pm
      You ever think that maybe it’s not just bias but it’s also the fact that most of us have seen every minute that Allison has played this year and likely we have a better feel for just how good he is? I’ll admit I haven’t watched De Gea near as much but what I have seen he isn’t as good as he’s been in years past.

And if we are going to use the excuse that it’s his defense that’s poor, what was his excuse during the World Cup?

And if he’s only been bad because of a bad defense, then maybe he was only good because of a good defense in prior years?
      Well no one has come out in your defence yet ( probably will now  ;D ) but if you haven't seen much of De Gea play then how can your argument stand up?

I've seen plenty of both goalkeepers play and already stated he's best goal keeper you've had since Clemence. Since Clemence was world class (imo) it speaks volumes of how good I think Alisson is. However, still not as good as De Gea yet.

You saying as a whole Alisson is better than De Gea?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #622: Dec 07, 2018 09:43:17 pm
      If you had offered us DeGea at the end of last season I doubt one single person would have said "No thanks he aint that Good" but I don't think you will get many who would swap Becker for anyone most simply because he fits our style of play so well he is the perfect goalkeeper for this team. Not only deGea in UTD but many more simply don't look happy and its no surprise with the biggest EGO in football. He never praises the players but he always talks about his success not the team not the club "HIS SUCCESS" I hope he stays at UTD for along time
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #623: Dec 07, 2018 11:48:41 pm
      Well no one has come out in your defence yet ( probably will now  ;D ) but if you haven't seen much of De Gea play then how can your argument stand up?

I've seen plenty of both goalkeepers play and already stated he's best goal keeper you've had since Clemence. Since Clemence was world class (imo) it speaks volumes of how good I think Alisson is. However, still not as good as De Gea yet.

Sounds to me like you are trying to play semantics....right now I wouldn’t take De Gea over Allison. That’s where I stand.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #624: Dec 07, 2018 11:48:49 pm
      If you had offered us DeGea at the end of last season I doubt one single person would have said "No thanks he aint that Good" but I don't think you will get many who would swap Becker for anyone most simply because he fits our style of play so well he is the perfect goalkeeper for this team. Not only deGea in UTD but many more simply don't look happy and its no surprise with the biggest EGO in football. He never praises the players but he always talks about his success not the team not the club "HIS SUCCESS" I hope he stays at UTD for along time

Nar they'll F**k him off as soon as top 4 is gone. So probably in a few weeks  :f_tongueincheek:

I think he is a lucky man because qualifying for the knockouts in the champs league might have saved him his job.

But every passing week he is there he rips a little bit of the soul from the Mancs.

It's funny though because I think he wants to be sacked.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #625: Dec 07, 2018 11:56:21 pm
      Sounds to me like you are trying to play semantics....right now I wouldn’t take De Gea over Allison. That’s where I stand.

It's your right not to give a answer if you so choose.  :D :f_whistle:
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #626: Dec 08, 2018 12:02:11 am
      From what I've seen this season, De Gea has 1 main problem, and that is playing behind a defense that doesn't defend very well.

On MOTD the other night, despite 1 cockup, he made a string of fantastic saves, and as far as I can see, he's been doing that all season.

It really irks me to say this, but I have to give credit where it's due.

I also think though, that Alissons distribution makes him a better fit for our team, and I wouldn't swap him for that reason.
      De Gea makes that kind of save every game. Manchester United is relegation material withou him. Fantastic keeper. One of the best i ever saw.

I think those progressives managers like Klopp or Guardiola want a keeper that is reliable. Maybe world class or wc potential, even if is not the best in the league or in the world. But this keeper needs to be really really good using the feet. Its not possible to play thys style of football with a "conventional" keeper, even if he is superb like De Gea.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #627: Dec 08, 2018 12:02:36 am

I know it's not a question aimed at me but....

Alisson the best keeper the clubs had in decades.
      I've lived through a lot of keepers that have cost the club trophies.
      From David "Playstation all night" James to Loris "Hologram" Karius.
      Even Reina had his moments.
      Early days yet, but so far Alisson looks elite as they come.

That said, it's keepers for systems.
      Alisson is perfect for Klopp's system.

De Gea was perfect for United.
      His problem now is that what's in front of him keeps changing.
      Mourinho keeps changing what's in front of De Gea,
      how can any keeper react positively to that?

They're both elite.
      Form is temporary.
      Class is permanent.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #628: Dec 08, 2018 12:09:43 am
      De Gea makes that kind of save every game. Manchester United is relegation material withou him. Fantastic keeper. One of the best i ever saw.

I think those progressives managers like Klopp or Guardiola want a keeper that is reliable. Maybe world class or wc potential, even if is not the best in the league or in the world. But this keeper needs to be really really good using the feet. Its not possible to play thys style of football with a "conventional" keeper, even if he is superb like De Gea.

Spot on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #629: Dec 08, 2018 12:47:58 am

I challenge you to put up one person that seriously suggested this

Like who?? He was bought as a significant improvement before he arrived and continues to get better from what I've seen. He's good to watch too as his confidence continues to grow not just for him but also the fans. When Karius was in net fans were bricking it when anything went near the goals. That feeling has now gone amongst the fans from what I've seen.

CT_LFC. Feel free to search his posts, it’s all there.

You’re right though Keith, yous lot having had a good reliable keeper for a number of years now, it’s nice to have the feeling that yous lot must have had, knowing you’ve got a keeper that is going to gain you 10+ points a season instead of costing the team them points.
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2018 01:13:04 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #630: Dec 08, 2018 03:45:14 pm

You’re right though Keith, yous lot having had a good reliable keeper for a number of years now, it’s nice to have the feeling that yous lot must have had, knowing you’ve got a keeper that is going to gain you 10+ points a season instead of costing the team them points.

Different world now. No closing of eyes at corner kicks with Mignolet between the sticks.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #631: Dec 08, 2018 09:00:24 pm
      Different world now. No closing of eyes at corner kicks with Mignolet between the sticks.

It’s so true - I feel so confident now defending corners with Becker and VVD.

The gulf in quality between Mignolet and Becker is sadly (for Migs) night and day.

I like Mignolets attitude though - always supports the team.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #632: Dec 08, 2018 10:03:53 pm
      https://twitter.com/sambarole/status/1071394819463831552?s=21

Thought he was going to jump out the stadium
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #633: Dec 08, 2018 10:24:52 pm
      F***ing love the guy. Feel so confident with him in between the sticks, except when he does those short dodgy passes to a player under pressure. Noticed he does that early on in the game but after that it's back to business as usual.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #634: Dec 08, 2018 10:30:21 pm

My favourite part of being a goalkeeper was letting the attackers know that coming near you wasn't a good idea.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #635: Dec 08, 2018 10:53:25 pm
      My favourite part of being a goalkeeper was letting the attackers know that coming near you wasn't a good idea.

That whole episode smacked of.....

“I don’t WANT to hurt you. BUT if you get hurt in the process of me doing my job effectively - that is YOUR problem. All clear?”
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #636: Dec 08, 2018 10:57:59 pm

“I don’t WANT to hurt you. BUT if you get hurt in the process of me doing my job effectively - that is YOUR problem. All clear?”

Oh yeah. That's what I meant to say...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #637: Dec 09, 2018 11:57:02 pm

Boss that! Clear case of he doesn’t care who is in his way, there’s only one person getting to that ball and that’s him. Cracking header and fantastic keeping.

Not only was it a cracking header though, it also highlights just how bad officiating has become because even though it was a perfectly fair challenge for the ball, any where else on the pitch and with an outfield player doing it, the sh*t house officials would have given it as a foul.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #638: Dec 10, 2018 03:00:30 pm

Best bit of the match for me.

Was laughing my arse off when he gave him a hug afterwards, and still wondering what he said to the fella.
      "Next time, stay out of my F***ing way", perhaps.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #639: Dec 10, 2018 05:31:55 pm
      Remember when we thought jack butland would be signed as competition for migs/karius? Wow how we’ve moved on
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #640: Dec 10, 2018 05:37:02 pm
      Allison and VvD......two elite machines that operate with supreme confidence.
      On top of that, both men clear the ball with low lasers guided missiles that have offensive purpose.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #641: Dec 10, 2018 06:22:10 pm
      Remember when we thought jack butland would be signed as competition for migs/karius? Wow how we’ve moved on

And how many people lost the plot because we didn't sign Joe Hart.  :laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #642: Dec 11, 2018 04:56:49 am

Wearing pink, he looks like a dead-set salmon with that leap.

What a man.

The two lads who have transformed our defence are both I was hesitant about signing. Can we all give my stupidity a round of applause?
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #643: Dec 11, 2018 08:55:42 am
      Wearing pink, he looks like a dead-set salmon with that leap.

What a man.

The two lads who have transformed our defence are both I was hesitant about signing. Can we all give my stupidity a round of applause?

He is F***ing superb along with VVD. From Alissons point of view it must feel great knowing you've got an amazing defence in front of you, and...

From the defences point of view it must feel extra good when you know that if you do manage to give a chance away you've got a keeper who is either going to make the save or run out and stop at nothing to get the ball.

Even if he has to plough through an opponent 10 foot in the air haha

Also it must feel good for the attack/midfield knowing that as soon as he gets the ball, if you're open for a pass you'll get the ball swift.

Rather than migs getting the ball, pretending he is gonna pass then stopping to wave everyone up the pitch before finally blasting it out somewhere around the half way line for an opponent throw in haha

How much we have changed is ridiculous.

Quick Reply