Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185796 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #644: Dec 11, 2018 08:59:41 am
      Rather than migs getting the ball, pretending he is gonna pass then stopping to wave everyone up the pitch before finally blasting it out somewhere around the half way line for an opponent throw in haha

Ha ha so true - exactly what used to happen - you’d be at home screaming at the telly
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #645: Dec 11, 2018 09:37:00 am
      Ha ha so true - exactly what used to happen - you’d be at home screaming at the telly

Used to drive me F***ing mad all the time. It just goes to show that with a keeper who distributes fast and accurately you can make chances out of nothing and catch teams on the break before they get a chance to reset.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #646: Dec 11, 2018 10:08:36 pm
      What a player!  Only if he was here last season.

I had this niggling feeling with us missing all the chances that we're going to concede. Mr Becker took care of that in a world class fashion.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #647: Dec 11, 2018 10:08:53 pm
      My baby.,,
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #648: Dec 11, 2018 10:09:29 pm
      Think he saved our CL campaign there at the end.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #649: Dec 11, 2018 10:11:51 pm
      Now he is the best in the world  :lmao:
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #650: Dec 11, 2018 10:13:38 pm
      Best goalie in the world atm AB13!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #651: Dec 11, 2018 10:13:48 pm
      He's so not Mignolet it's glorious.

THIS is what we've been missing.

What a legend
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #652: Dec 11, 2018 10:14:15 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #653: Dec 11, 2018 10:19:21 pm

What a legend

There was a clip after that where they cut to Migs.

He was looking like a dog watching the clothes in the washing machine.......”what’s that guy doing, is that even legal?”
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #654: Dec 11, 2018 10:35:40 pm
      To think, Roma thought they were getting a premium because of Salah. Another bargain from them.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #655: Dec 11, 2018 10:48:19 pm
      There was a clip after that where they cut to Migs.

He was looking like a dog watching the clothes in the washing machine.......”what’s that guy doing, is that even legal?”

Is was like the ghost from Christmas past seeing Migs on the bench at the end of the match
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #656: Dec 11, 2018 11:09:12 pm
      Not to rain on his parade but what was he doing for the cross straight after the save that they score from and is ruled out for koulibaly being offside? Makes a bit of an arse of it
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #657: Dec 11, 2018 11:24:31 pm
      Not to rain on his parade but what was he doing for the cross straight after the save that they score from and is ruled out for koulibaly being offside? Makes a bit of an arse of it

The player was offside and also fouled him, so not sure what your point is
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #658: Dec 11, 2018 11:25:00 pm

What a legend

Haha I love the description. "So not Mignolet"
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #659: Dec 11, 2018 11:31:40 pm
      The player was offside and also fouled him, so not sure what your point is

That he palmed it straight to a Napoli player who lashed it into the net.....I didn’t see a foul.
      It’s immaterial obviously not one to dwell but on just thought offside or not it wasn’t very convincing
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #660: Dec 12, 2018 12:34:33 am

Some people just have to find something, even when the whistle had gone before the ball was even put into the net.
      For a start the ball was “lashed” into the net after the whistle had gone, Koulibaly was offside, and Alisson was fouled... if he hadn’t been offside then it would have been a different turn of events and could have gone completely differently so I don’t really know what you’re getting at. It’s like saying a player has missed an open goal when they just kick the ball towards the goal with keeper nowhere near his net, after the whistle has gone...it’s completely, 100% irrelevant.

Never mind him saving our arse and saving our European season, that’s completely irrelevant, the main thing we are all missing that Alfie has kindly pointed out is that he didn’t look convincing on something that was offside, a foul and after the whilste had gone.

Christ lad, today is not a day for such petty things, there’s a great feel around the club and supporters so just don’t waste your breath on something so petty. It’s the first time in a long time we’ve made back to back seasons in the knockout stages so let’s just enjoy that, because without Alisson, it wouldn’t be the case.
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2018 12:42:25 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #661: Dec 12, 2018 12:54:44 am
      Some people just have to find something, even when the whistle had gone before the ball was even put into the net.
      For a start the ball was “lashed” into the net after the whistle had gone, Koulibaly was offside, and Alisson was fouled... if he hadn’t been offside then it would have been a different turn of events and could have gone completely differently so I don’t really know what you’re getting at. It’s like saying a player has missed an open goal when they just kick the ball towards the goal with keeper nowhere near his net, after the whistle has gone...it’s completely, 100% irrelevant.

Never mind him saving our arse and saving our European season, that’s completely irrelevant, the main thing we are all missing that Alfie has kindly pointed out is that he didn’t look convincing on something that was offside, a foul and after the whilste had gone.

Christ lad, today is not a day for such petty things, there’s a great feel around the club and supporters so just don’t waste your breath on something so petty. It’s the first time in a long time we’ve made back to back seasons in the knockout stages so let’s just enjoy that, because without Alisson, it wouldn’t be the case.

Keep your knickers on was just an observation. Where’s the foul? Is koulibaly not allowed to challenge him?
      I’m as delighted as anyone, I thought these CL nights might never return to Anfield a few years back the way things were going but it’s my nature to nit pick and hope we keep improving. To clarify I think this goalkeeper is looking the business (obviously) and would probably put him in the top 3 in the world with Olbak and De Gea but doesn’t mean he’s flawless
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #662: Dec 12, 2018 07:10:17 am

Keep your knickers on was just an observation. Where’s the foul? Is koulibaly not allowed to challenge him?
      I’m as delighted as anyone, I thought these CL nights might never return to Anfield a few years back the way things were going but it’s my nature to nit pick and hope we keep improving. To clarify I think this goalkeeper is looking the business (obviously) and would probably put him in the top 3 in the world with Olbak and De Gea but doesn’t mean he’s flawless

KingKenny has a point mate - you are talking a lot of sh*t.

Just enjoy it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #663: Dec 12, 2018 08:08:58 am
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #664: Dec 12, 2018 10:10:23 am
      Mancs are salty about Alisson's save  :D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #665: Dec 12, 2018 10:11:31 am
      That he palmed it straight to a Napoli player who lashed it into the net.....I didn’t see a foul.
      It’s immaterial obviously not one to dwell but on just thought offside or not it wasn’t very convincing

that a was a foul, pure obstruction
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #666: Dec 12, 2018 10:18:26 am

It doesn't matter that you "didn't see" it.
      Off side and obstruction. Hence the goal was ruled out.

Quick Reply