Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185779 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #690: Dec 16, 2018 07:55:04 pm
      Proves he's a human being. Got unlucky by hitting his knees but not a costly mistake. He's confident not to let it hit him since we won!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #691: Dec 16, 2018 08:01:28 pm
      It was a bad mistake but I’d be more concerned if he stopped coming for those and stood on his line like Migs.

Yea, took the wind out of our sails for a while. Glad it didn't cost us. Quite day for him, but his distribution was good, again glad don't have to watch Migs with the ball at his feet  :sadlook:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #692: Dec 16, 2018 08:07:03 pm
      No harm done. His saves have been the backbone of many of our results this season and it was inevitable that he was going to make a mistake sometime. I'm just glad that the lads at the other end of the field did the job so it wasn't a talking point because he wouldn't have deserved it given how many times he has saved us from decrying our less potent attack earlier on in the season.

Aside from the error, loved his quick distribution and willingness to come off the line and catch and thus denying Man Utd any success on the long ball. 

The tendency for the pathetic Sky Sports director to cut to a shot of Mignolet on the bench after he made the error (just like it was during the Leicester match) was F***ing rich and told us another thing about how utterly pathetic football broadcasting has become. Delivered football to our tv by F***ing morons.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #693: Dec 16, 2018 08:39:04 pm
      He made a big mistake for United's goal, but that was the only thing he did wrong. In the end, it didn't affect the match at all.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #694: Dec 16, 2018 08:57:38 pm
      He made a big mistake for United's goal, but that was the only thing he did wrong. In the end, it didn't affect the match at all.

Exactly mate, my instinct reaction was what the fuckkkkkkkkkkkk? Then I remembered we would be playing in The Europa if it wasn't for this Man.

Must have been the happiest man in the dressing room.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #695: Dec 16, 2018 09:20:45 pm
      It was an awful mistake and hopefully he can learn from it.

Still a brilliant keeper
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #696: Dec 16, 2018 09:23:28 pm
      F**k me it hit him on the knee so that's 2 mistakes so far this season and 7 goals conceded.Just check out DeGea the best goalkeeper in the world's figures.
      Lovren actually should share the blame Joe would never have let that cross in.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #697: Dec 16, 2018 09:28:30 pm
      f**k me it hit him on the knee so that's 2 mistakes so far this season and 7 goals conceded.Just check out DeGea the best goalkeeper in the world's figures.
      Lovren actually should share the blame Joe would never have let that cross in.

Agree with all that Walton mate.

It was a mistake - probably of judgment in trying to catch in the conditions. If you watch the replay he’d lost a grip of the ball before it hits his knee but it’s not the time for a lynching - he is outstanding.

Just one of those rough goals that’ll happen from time to time.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #698: Dec 16, 2018 09:46:53 pm
      I said in the match thread..

Plenty of credit in the bank after that save in the dying seconds of the Napoli game..
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #699: Dec 17, 2018 02:17:32 am
      He's still a sexy c**t.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #700: Dec 17, 2018 10:06:44 am
      Agree with all that Walton mate.

It was a mistake - probably of judgment in trying to catch in the conditions. If you watch the replay he’d lost a grip of the ball before it hits his knee but it’s not the time for a lynching - he is outstanding.

Just one of those rough goals that’ll happen from time to time.

And it doesn't matter now. We got the three points and we're top of the league. Seven goals conceded, best defence in the league. Nothing to lash out at. Also unreasonable to be demanding more.  ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #701: Dec 17, 2018 10:10:30 am
      And it doesn't matter now. We got the three points and we're top of the league. Seven goals conceded, best defence in the league. Nothing to lash out at. Also unreasonable to be demanding more.  ;D

100% agree.

Just being honest - I’ve called out how exceptional he is so only balanced to call out when he does screw up.

Every single keeper does.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #702: Dec 17, 2018 11:49:18 am
      Actually a pretty good time for a blunder. Doesn’t mean much in the scheme of things and if bet he’ll take extra care to not let that happen again.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #703: Dec 17, 2018 01:24:27 pm
      He’s bailed out the guys in front of him a few times this year so only fair they return the favour. As FL Red says above he’ll learn from it. It hasn’t cost us so we move on
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #704: Dec 17, 2018 01:26:11 pm
      Didn’t have much to do following the error so didn’t have a chance to see how he would respond. Not that I have any doubts about his mentality, far from it.

However it was good to see that his confidence was still there when the ball was at his feet. One particular moment stands out when, on the rare occasion United were pressing, he managed to pick out Fabinho (maybe) with a 30 odd yard ground pass. Took the pressure right off us.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #705: Dec 17, 2018 03:45:06 pm
      I would drop him for a couple of games. Did you know he was the ONLY Liverpool player not to have a shot yesterday. He should be embarrassed.

:laugh: ;D :laugh:

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #706: Dec 17, 2018 05:52:39 pm
      No harm done. His saves have been the backbone of many of our results this season and it was inevitable that he was going to make a mistake sometime. I'm just glad that the lads at the other end of the field did the job so it wasn't a talking point because he wouldn't have deserved it given how many times he has saved us from decrying our less potent attack earlier on in the season.

Aside from the error, loved his quick distribution and willingness to come off the line and catch and thus denying Man Utd any success on the long ball. 

The tendency for the pathetic Sky Sports director to cut to a shot of Mignolet on the bench after he made the error (just like it was during the Leicester match) was F***ing rich and told us another thing about how utterly pathetic football broadcasting has become. Delivered football to our tv by F***ing morons.

And second goal came as a result of a shirt goal kick (which was missed while Sky were showing some sh*te quarter chance but they got very excited about it nearly leading to a United goal at the time)

Anyway you are right. Hi mistakes have cost us nothing yet his saves see us with a few more points in the bag and through to the last 16 in Europe so you can't ask for more than that really!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #707: Dec 17, 2018 09:57:32 pm
      And second goal came as a result of a shirt goal kick (which was missed while Sky were showing some sh*te quarter chance but they got very excited about it nearly leading to a United goal at the time)

Anyway you are right. Hi mistakes have cost us nothing yet his saves see us with a few more points in the bag and through to the last 16 in Europe so you can't ask for more than that really!

Ha ha yeah - wasn’t Tyler trying to explain that the Liverpool backline were panicking or some sh*t - then we bang in the second at the other end.

Hate that c**t Tyler
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #708: Dec 17, 2018 10:04:35 pm
      Ha ha yeah - wasn’t Tyler trying to explain that the Liverpool backline were panicking or some sh*t - then we bang in the second at the other end.

Hate that c**t Tyler

the Commentary of Tyler and Ratboy is just so hard to listen to I like to listen to Aldo on LFC TV its an education in supporting this club
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #709: Dec 18, 2018 01:13:13 am
      He’s bailed out the guys in front of him a few times this year so only fair they return the favour. As FL Red says above he’ll learn from it. It hasn’t cost us so we move on

You were banging on about how he conceded a goal for a situation that didn’t count and also after the whistle but this you give your backing too. Wow, you’re like the weather with the way you change.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #710: Dec 18, 2018 01:33:09 am
      You were banging on about how he conceded a goal for a situation that didn’t count and also after the whistle but this you give your backing too. Wow, you’re like the weather with the way you change.

Good to see you don’t  :f_whistle:

What I was getting at in the post you reference is from looking at his handling of that situation, offside or not he’s not infallible and hey he proved my point on Sunday. Now if I was the WUM you love to say anyone with a different opinion to you is I might have referred back to that post but lone behold it’s you that can’t resist a bit of needle
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #711: Dec 21, 2018 10:40:11 pm
      f**ker nearly gave me a heart attack when he did that Cruyff turn!!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #712: Dec 21, 2018 10:43:34 pm
      I don’t think the handling thing in first half tonight was a mistake.

To me he’d learned from Sunday and consciously tried to get a solid parry on it rather than risk spilling randomly.

Quick Reply