Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185834 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #759: Mar 19, 2019 03:37:26 pm
      At the time, I thought that Alisson should've dropped on that header from Virgil rather than trying to save with his feet. But, looking at it again on MOTD, I don't think he actually had time. Think the problem was actually that he got too close to Virgil, so when the header wasn't into his arms he just couldn't react in time and had no choice but to go with his feet.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #760: Mar 19, 2019 03:50:21 pm
      What I like about him is that he wasn't fussed at all about the goal. Just carried on as normal, we've had many keepers in the past who's head would drop and their performance would be affected for the rest of game.. but he wasn't assed and carried on being a cocky sh*t with his passes out from the back ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #761: Mar 19, 2019 05:00:43 pm
      What I like about him is that he wasn't fussed at all about the goal. Just carried on as normal, we've had many keepers in the past who's head would drop and their performance would be affected for the rest of game.. but he wasn't assed and carried on being a cocky sh*t with his passes out from the back ;D

this.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #762: Apr 01, 2019 07:50:59 am
      Not sure what was up with him yesterday looked like had taken a bang to the head!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #763: Apr 01, 2019 08:36:51 am
      Scares the F***ing sh*t out of me.

Just stop F***ing around with the ball and get it away from the danger area please!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #764: Apr 01, 2019 09:06:26 am
      I think that was probably his poorest game in a red short yesterday. He was shaky all game with both his handling and distribution and the save he parried straight out to them would have cost us a goal had it not been for some incredible defending from Robbo. Hopefully it's just a blip.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #765: Apr 01, 2019 03:56:11 pm
      I think that was probably his poorest game in a red short yesterday. He was shaky all game with both his handling and distribution and the save he parried straight out to them would have cost us a goal had it not been for some incredible defending from Robbo. Hopefully it's just a blip.

He didn't look at his best. One instance he is being harshly criticised on though and that's when he came out to collect the ball and then collected it as it went past him just inside the box. Not a lot more he could have done there IMO, you can see he has clearly shouted that the ball was his but Milner didn't/couldn't get out of the way. Think that was being wrongly highlighted purely because of the mix up with Van Dijk vs Fulham (which as it goes all came about again because of Milner).

I'm not concerned though, you can't expect him to be flawless every game and the important thing is, nothing he could have done better resulted in them scoring. Given how damn good he's been this season, I think we can let the odd sketchy game here and there slide if it doesn't cost us.

It's typical that the spotlight is on him though, yet completely ignoring the fact that whether it was offside and wouldn't have stood anyway, Ederson came rushing out of his box against Fulham and he completely missed the ball when he went to kick it and it meant Babel had an empty goal to tap into. It seems the media and whatever are so intent on not saying anything negative about City but will try and scrutinize every little thing our lads do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #766: Apr 01, 2019 04:18:56 pm
      Was an iffy game from him, but his iffy game is like Mignolet and Karius's best ever games!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #767: Apr 01, 2019 04:54:00 pm

yea he was a wee bit out of sorts yesterday.

All players have the odd dodgy game, so all good, and no mistake led to a goal.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #768: Apr 10, 2019 08:50:26 am
      Some crucial saves last night with the odd bit of madness thrown in recently like the Trent VAR incident.

Just F***ing catch it next time.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #769: Apr 10, 2019 09:42:59 am
      I remember this guy when we were being linked with him being billed as the ‘Messi of keepers’ and when I looked at the proverbial You Tube reel I couldn’t disagree. I know others will disagree but I’m seeing him as a minor upgrade on Mignolet. His distribution when under the slightest bit of pressure is awful and he constantly makes rash, random decisions like last night charging out to Van Dijk, an almost replica of the Babel goal at Fulham. On top, how many times has he actually made a save that you thought he shouldn’t have? The one at Burnley springs to mind, maybe Napoli but I can’t think of too many more. If Mignolet played in this team with the protection the midfield is offering that he never got I honestly don’t think we’d be much worse off, and I’m saying that as one of Migs biggest critics. Thoughts?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #770: Apr 10, 2019 10:13:04 am
      I remember this guy when we were being linked with him being billed as the ‘Messi of keepers’ and when I looked at the proverbial You Tube reel I couldn’t disagree. I know others will disagree but I’m seeing him as a minor upgrade on Mignolet. His distribution when under the slightest bit of pressure is awful and he constantly makes rash, random decisions like last night charging out to Van Dijk, an almost replica of the Babel goal at Fulham. On top, how many times has he actually made a save that you thought he shouldn’t have? The one at Burnley springs to mind, maybe Napoli but I can’t think of too many more. If Mignolet played in this team with the protection the midfield is offering that he never got I honestly don’t think we’d be much worse off, and I’m saying that as one of Migs biggest critics. Thoughts?

My initial thought is that you know nothing about goalkeeping and have an extremely short memory of how absolutely F***ing crap Migs and Karius were/are.
      Allison is a huge upgrade for us and remember that this is his first season in the premiership, he's still adjusting.

His shot stopping, distribution (even under pressure), composure, stability, organisation etc etc are all much better than Migs/Karius, if you can't see that then I really don't know how to prove it to you.

Does he sometimes dither a bit to much on the ball, yes, does he sometimes get a bit confused with his defenders, yes, but please show me a keeper who never makes an error because I can't think of one.

Overall I think he has been superb and is one of the main reasons why we are challenging for the League and Champions League.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #771: Apr 10, 2019 10:24:33 am
      My initial thought is that you know nothing about goalkeeping and have an extremely short memory of how absolutely f**king crap Migs and Karius were/are.
      Allison is a huge upgrade for us and remember that this is his first season in the premiership, he's still adjusting.

His shot stopping, distribution (even under pressure), composure, stability, organisation etc etc are all much better than Migs/Karius, if you can't see that then I really don't know how to prove it to you.

Does he sometimes dither a bit to much on the ball, yes, does he sometimes get a bit confused with his defenders, yes, but please show me a keeper who never makes an error because I can't think of one.

Overall I think he has been superb and is one of the main reasons why we are challenging for the League and Champions League.

Fair enough I’m just not seeing that. We did go to a CL final last season with Karius
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #772: Apr 10, 2019 10:44:40 am

Thoughts? My thoughts are you are trying to wind people up. Best keeper in the league and he’s only a minor upgrade on one of the worst?

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #773: Apr 10, 2019 10:55:35 am
      My initial thought is that you know nothing about goalkeeping and have an extremely short memory of how absolutely f**king crap Migs and Karius were/are.

correct.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #774: Apr 10, 2019 11:09:20 am

Fair enough I’m just not seeing that. We did go to a CL final last season with Karius
      We won the thing with Traore as left back means Fck all if you think Karius is in the same league you wanna get off the meth .

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #775: Apr 10, 2019 03:15:21 pm

Oh my.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #776: Apr 10, 2019 03:32:13 pm

4 more letters than it was worth.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #777: Apr 10, 2019 03:33:04 pm

What has he done to impress you so much? I’m not saying he’s been awful, but for £70M and considering the protection he gets that was never afforded to Mignolet I’ve not been bowled over. Even little things like the Kane snap shot last weekend it’s a fairly simple save that he palms right out to Eriksen and it took a last gap block from Robetson to stop a goal. I think he’s struggled coming from a team a little bit like we were last season where he was being worked constantly to having next to nothing to do on most games. He’s had 3 errors leading to goals in the league this season and as above his distribution can be all over the place. Put Migs behind VVD and a protective midfield minus headless chicken Moreno I genuinely don’t think we’d be much worse off
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #778: Apr 10, 2019 03:39:44 pm

What has he done to impress you so much? I’m not saying he’s been awful, but for £70M and considering the protection he gets that was never afforded to Mignolet I’ve not been bowled over. Even little things like the Kane snap shot last weekend it’s a fairly simple save that he palms right out to Eriksen and it took a last gap block from Robetson to stop a goal. I think he’s struggled coming from a team a little bit like we were last season where he was being worked constantly to having next to nothing to do on most games. He’s had 3 errors leading to goals in the league this season and as above his distribution can be all over the place. Put Migs behind VVD and a protective midfield minus headless chicken Moreno I genuinely don’t think we’d be much worse off

Why do you say he has had more protection than Migs, do you mean VVD as the rest of the defence have been there for a bit and as for Karius he had the exact same protection yet was worse?  Has it occurred to you that one of the reasons why VVD and the rest of the defence has improved so much this season is because they finally has a goalkeeper they can rely on.
      So I'll ask the question I ask all critics of Allison, which you might be surprised to hear is a very small group! Who in your opinion is better in the premiership and can you back that up with any stats?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #779: Apr 10, 2019 03:40:14 pm
      We won the thing with Traore as left back means Fck all if you think Karius is in the same league you wanna get off the meth .

I don’t he was hopeless but I’m saying because we are doing well doesn’t automatically mean the keeper is the business he seems to me to do as many daft things as karius
      Who was it against recently where he charges out of his box competely looses his bearings and pivots around to luckily grab the ball? Wtf is he doing? He made a mess of the Fulham goal (VVD partially culpable) and he did something similar last night. If it was Mignolet this forum would be alive saying how much of a donkey he is. I’m not saying that of Alisson but he’s got things to work on
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #780: Apr 10, 2019 03:41:10 pm

BTW are you Simon Mignolet or in some way related to him either through family or business, come on reveal yourself?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #781: Apr 10, 2019 03:42:53 pm
      BTW are you Simon Mignolet or in some way related to him either through family or business, come on reveal yourself?

Look at my previous posts from years gone by I was his biggest critic

Quick Reply