Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185733 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #782: Apr 10, 2019 03:43:59 pm
      I donā€™t he was hopeless but Iā€™m saying because we are doing well doesnā€™t automatically mean the keeper is the business he seems to me to do as many daft things as karius
      Who was it against recently where he charges out of his box competely looses his bearings and pivots around to luckily grab the ball? Wtf is he doing? He made mess of the Fulham goal and he did something similar last night. If it was Mignolet this forum would be alive saying how much of a donkey he is. Iā€™m not saying that of Alisson but heā€™s got things to work on

This is just becoming silly, you are clearly on a wind up here and I've been told not to feed the trolls. If you really can't see how much better Allison is compared to most keepers in the world, let alone Migs and Karius, then there is no point discussing this any further.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #783: Apr 10, 2019 03:44:48 pm
      Look at my previous posts from years gone by I was his biggest critic

but yet you think Migs is at the same level as Alisson, WOW!!!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #784: Apr 10, 2019 03:46:17 pm
      This is just becoming silly, you are clearly on a wind up here and I've been told not to feed the trolls. If you really can't see how much better Allison is compared to most keepers in the world, let alone Migs and Karius, then there is no point discussing this any further.

Any contrasting view on this forum and youā€™re a troll or a wind up. Iā€™ve listed off numerous mistakes he has made and keeps making - will it take him to make one in a CL final or a league decider for anyone to take any notice?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #785: Apr 10, 2019 03:47:52 pm
      but yet you think Migs is at the same level as Alisson, WOW!!!

If you read what I wrote youā€™ll see I think from what I have seen so far (of course allowing for the fact he can improve and get better) that heā€™s been a minor upgrade on Migs
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #786: Apr 10, 2019 03:49:44 pm
      that heā€™s been a minor upgrade on Migs

Wrong thread lid, the one your looking for is here - https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,12947.0.html
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #787: Apr 10, 2019 03:50:05 pm

Any contrasting view on this forum and youā€™re a troll or a wind up. Iā€™ve listed off numerous mistakes he has made and keeps making - will it take him to make one in a CL final or a league decider for anyone to take any notice?

All keepers make mistakes, just as all players do.

It's about context.
      We play high risk football at the back, both in defense and bringing it out.
      Then there's the fact that mistakes by keepers tend to be magnified.

Of course he has things to work on, and so does every other professional footballer in the world, but saying he is only a minor upgrade on Mignolet is complete bollocks I'm afraid.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #788: Apr 10, 2019 03:51:23 pm

8 months before making a negative comment on a player isnā€™t knee jerk.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #789: Apr 10, 2019 03:53:21 pm

8 months before making a negative comment on a player isnā€™t knee jerk.

Youā€™re right, belongs here instead - https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,3959.0.html
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #790: Apr 10, 2019 03:53:54 pm
      All keepers make mistakes, just as all players do.

It's about context.
      We play high risk football at the back, both in defense and bringing it out.
      Then there's the fact that mistakes by keepers tend to be magnified.

Of course he has things to work on, and so does every other professional footballer in the world, but saying he is only a minor upgrade on Mignolet is complete bollocks I'm afraid.

Itā€™s the ones who crave the fume and post ā€œagainst the headā€ I canā€™t be arsed with.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #791: Apr 10, 2019 03:57:53 pm
      Itā€™s the ones who crave the fume and post ā€œagainst the headā€ I canā€™t be arsed with.

Itā€™s the sheep that follow the shepherds I canā€™t be arsed with
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #792: Apr 10, 2019 03:58:38 pm
      ;D Alfie sure rattled everyone awake
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #793: Apr 10, 2019 04:00:50 pm
      Love people challenging accepted wisdom where itā€™s valid.

Loathe people doing it for attention in a desperate attempt to sound interesting, edgy or vaguely relevant.

Itā€™s beyond desperate and thereā€™s form.

Bore off.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #794: Apr 10, 2019 04:02:19 pm
      I was looking back at my previous posts and earlier in the season I said Iā€™d have him in the top 3 in the world with Oblak and De Gea so I have nothing against him Iā€™m just commenting on what Iā€™m seeing - a tendency for rashness and not great distribution. I get you could make an argument he is ahead of Ederson in other departments but Ederson wipes the floor with him in distribution
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #795: Apr 10, 2019 04:04:42 pm
      Love people challenging accepted wisdom where itā€™s valid.

Loathe people doing it for attention in a desperate attempt to sound interesting, edgy or vaguely relevant.

Itā€™s beyond desperate and thereā€™s form.

Bore off.

Give us peace. Rather than saying ā€œthink youā€™re barking up the wrong tree there sonā€ or coming back with stats and numbers it always gets personal on this forum itā€™s like North Korea - to hell with anyone with a different view point itā€™s why the forum died a death years ago
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2019 04:11:32 pm by Alfie2510 »
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #796: Apr 10, 2019 04:06:47 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #797: Apr 10, 2019 04:07:05 pm
      I was looking back at my previous posts and earlier in the season I said Iā€™d have him in the top 3 in the world with Oblak and De Gea so I have nothing against him Iā€™m just commenting on what Iā€™m seeing - a tendency for rashness and not great distribution. I get you could make an argument he is ahead of Ederson in other departments but Ederson wipes the floor with him in distribution

Alisson is better outside of his net than in it and while Ederson has a prodigious left foot, Alisson is a superior overall both in distribution and shot stopping.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #798: Apr 10, 2019 04:10:31 pm
      Alisson is better outside of his net than in it and while Ederson has a prodigious left foot, Alisson is a superior overall both in distribution and shot stopping.

Definitely canā€™t agree with you there. But guess what Iā€™m not going to insult you or fall out with you. I can disagree with you but still respect you. Itā€™s a common courtesy alas not everyone has
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #799: Apr 10, 2019 04:23:50 pm

OK so earlier in the season you had him as the top 3 in the world yet now he's only a minor upgrade on Migs, come on mate, reread what you write before clicking post!!!
      You really are doing yourself no favours here. As you know I am all for going against the grain and not just blindly following the herd BUT only if you can coherently argue your case, not as Scotia says just to get some attention.

IF you rated Alisson earlier in the season then there is absolutely no reason why you should not rate him now, even if he has had a few subpar games, and by subpar I still mean what would rank as a SUPERB game for Migs or Karius.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #800: Apr 10, 2019 04:25:06 pm
      itā€™s why the forum died a death years ago

Yet you still come on here. If itā€™s that bad on here then donā€™t log in, simple as that really. Itā€™s not a case of people not being allowed different opinions but do you not think that you appear to be be in the very tiny minority regarding Alisson, you may just be looking at something which isnā€™t there to try and pick fault. Just remember that had it not been for Alisson, weā€™d have been playing Thursday nights instead. Heā€™s proven his worth time over this season and proven heā€™s a massive upgrade on what we had.

Just remember, even Van Dijk has made mistakes this season, he was as much to blame for the Fulham goal as Alisson.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #801: Apr 10, 2019 04:27:05 pm
      OK so earlier in the season you had him as the top 3 in the world yet now he's only a minor upgrade on Migs, come on mate, reread what you write before clicking post!!!
      You really are doing yourself no favours here. As you know I am all for going against the grain and not just blindly following the herd BUT only if you can coherently argue your case, not as Scotia says just to get some attention.

IF you rated Alisson earlier in the season then there is absolutely no reason why you should not rate him now, even if he has had a few subpar games, and by subpar I still mean what would rank as a SUPERB game for Migs or Karius.

Iā€™m allowed to change my mind heā€™s not at this moment the keeper I thought he was. The very best keepers make a few mistakes per season heā€™s making mistakes in every game just now
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #802: Apr 10, 2019 04:33:51 pm
      Yet you still come on here. If itā€™s that bad on here then donā€™t log in, simple as that really. Itā€™s not a case of people not being allowed different opinions but do you not think that you appear to be be in the very tiny minority regarding Alisson, you may just be looking at something which isnā€™t there to try and pick fault. Just remember that had it not been for Alisson, weā€™d have been playing Thursday nights instead. Heā€™s proven his worth time over this season and proven heā€™s a massive upgrade on what we had.

Just remember, even Van Dijk has made mistakes this season, he was as much to blame for the Fulham goal as Alisson.

I take your point on VVD itā€™s a fair one. I just think keepers are a different breed, mistakes punished or unpunished shouldnā€™t be as regular an occurrence as they are with him. I think we miss Gomez. As much as I take my hat off to Matip (and Lovern) for how theyā€™ve filled in since Gomez got injured, we slightly miss the composure and pace of Gomez
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #803: Apr 10, 2019 04:57:37 pm
      Why do you say he has had more protection than Migs, do you mean VVD as the rest of the defence have been there for a bit and as for Karius he had the exact same protection yet was worse?  Has it occurred to you that one of the reasons why VVD and the rest of the defence has improved so much this season is because they finally has a goalkeeper they can rely on.
      So I'll ask the question I ask all critics of Allison, which you might be surprised to hear is a very small group! Who in your opinion is better in the premiership and can you back that up with any stats?

Because he does, and even a super hyperbolic person as yourself should be seeing this. Do you not remember the early years of Klopp, where we'd give up high quality chances every game? or could not defend a set piece? back then people were saying Klopp only knows how to attack, has no plan b, that we could not hold a lead, etc, etc? How quickly you forget.

Van Dijk coming aboard has been the single most important addition to how we defend and set up. Just for the shits and giggles, how many teams allowed fewer goals than us the 2nd half (19 games) of last season? name them

Then we have this season, where we've added Fabinho and Klopp himself has said we are more methodical and conservative than in the past, which everyone has seen with their very own eyes. When has Migs played with such a cohesive defensive unit / team?

I know i know, you will take this as me saying Migs =/> Alisson, but i am not. I am simply stating that the circumstances under which each of them played when they were/are the #1 are vastly differemt.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #804: Apr 10, 2019 05:36:19 pm
      Scares the F***ing sh*t out of me.

Just stop F***ing around with the ball and get it away from the danger area please!

He's a bit like Grobbelaar, you've just got to take the crazy arse moments along with the sublime saves he makes.

Quick Reply