Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 188925 times
      jabv and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1104: Feb 08, 2021 08:50:03 am
      What is it with you and dropping people? You’ve never been a coach have you? As someone that’s got about 15 years coaching experience (albeit at a much lower level), sitting people on the bench isn’t the default way to get someone performing better.

And why do you act like Allison’s been out of form or something? He’s had one bad game. It happens. Move on.

Good lord you are the most knee jerk supporter I think I’ve ever seen. As soon as someone puts one foot wrong....BENCH THEM!!!!!

Can I ask if you have been a successful coach, also at what level do you do coaching, is it at the kiddy, everyone's a winner, level?

I agree that a player should not be automatically benched for one bad performance but if a GK has a real stinker of a game then it can sometimes do them more harm than good to play another one, but the manager/coach would know that best
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1105: Feb 08, 2021 08:52:12 am
      Latest story doing the rounds in Liverpool (meaning bluenose taxi jackanory tales) is Ali got filled in by Hendo in training after they came to blows on Tuesday. Four players dragged up to Klopps office and bollocked for a good long while.

Source - A supposed text from Kelleher Tuesday night to his bro telling him he was playing against Brighton.

Can I ask, what does "filled in" mean, is this a verbal thing or physical altercation?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #1106: Feb 08, 2021 11:49:19 am
      What is it with you and dropping people? You’ve never been a coach have you? As someone that’s got about 15 years coaching experience (albeit at a much lower level), sitting people on the bench isn’t the default way to get someone performing better.

And why do you act like Allison’s been out of form or something? He’s had one bad game. It happens. Move on.

Good lord you are the most knee jerk supporter I think I’ve ever seen. As soon as someone puts one foot wrong....BENCH THEM!!!!!

I’ve seen me mates turning invincible in Football Manger using this method. It’s proven to work in the game!!!

1) save lineup before a match
      2) go to match and take note of those who are playing badly
      3) if drop points, reload game
      4) drop those players who disappointed, re-save game
      5) go to match
      6) if win, get on with life. Repeat cycle if drop points
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1107: Feb 08, 2021 12:27:38 pm
      Alli doesn’t have Virg in front of him anymore, no excuse for the mess up yesterday but if he isn’t world class this year, I’m gonna give him a little bit of a pass.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1108: Feb 08, 2021 02:00:23 pm
      Hope he went on the ale big style when he got home....it was a disaster for him but hes done so many good things for us he gets a pass on it.

Needs to move himself on just leave it behind
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #1109: Feb 08, 2021 02:23:15 pm
      fu**ed up big time yesterday. He's human after all.. We all are.

No. 6 was possible due to his big save vs Napoli. No. 7, anyone?
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #1110: Feb 08, 2021 02:42:48 pm
      Can I ask, what does "filled in" mean, is this a verbal thing or physical altercation?
      It’s a scouse saying mate,it means a physical altercation.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1111: Feb 08, 2021 03:40:18 pm

much obliged, thanks. I wonder why they came to blows though, seems very unlike both of them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1112: Feb 09, 2021 08:08:20 am

Any idea if this actually happened? And to be clear, was it Ali and Hendo or Hendo and Kelleher?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1113: Feb 09, 2021 04:48:49 pm
      Any idea if this actually happened? And to be clear, was it Ali and Hendo or Hendo and Kelleher?

Ali and Hendo. Kelleher spilled the beans to his bro in a text telling him why he would be starting against Brighton.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #1114: Feb 09, 2021 05:56:36 pm
      Been bad for a few weeks now.

Hopefully today was the last of it out of his system.
      I respectfully disagree. Been good all season. I'd easily put him on the top performers of the season alongside Fabinho and Robbo. Consistent too. First real hick-up as far as I'm concerned.

In that run of awful games after the Palace one I'd say every draw we earned was directly related to Ali making 1 or 2 miraculous saves in the game while we couldn't even have a look at the opposition's net. He's been very good
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1115: Feb 09, 2021 09:40:52 pm
      I respectfully disagree. Been good all season. I'd easily put him on the top performers of the season alongside Fabinho and Robbo. Consistent too. First real hick-up as far as I'm concerned.

In that run of awful games after the Palace one I'd say every draw we earned was directly related to Ali making 1 or 2 miraculous saves in the game while we couldn't even have a look at the opposition's net. He's been very good

Fair point, I think he was still a bit ill and was rushed back in as Adrian is not worth the risk.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1116: Feb 09, 2021 10:59:20 pm
      Ali and Hendo. Kelleher spilled the beans to his bro in a text telling him why he would be starting against Brighton.

I've heard the story, just wondering if it is actually true. In this day and age, the team captain having a punch-up with the starting goalkeeper is kind of a big issue. I would hope both players would be apologetic for any dispute coming to that and that fences are genuinely mended.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1117: Feb 09, 2021 11:12:06 pm
      Needs to get his thermal socks next game..😜

I've heard the story, just wondering if it is actually true. In this day and age, the team captain having a punch-up with the starting goalkeeper is kind of a big issue. I would hope both players would be apologetic for any dispute coming to that and that fences are genuinely mended.

Hope so, just trying to work out the spark that caused the fire..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #1118: Feb 09, 2021 11:46:27 pm

Fair enough. Personally I'd say he had a shocker against United in the Cup and of course a nightmare on Sunday. Didn't cover himself in glory against Burnley and had two awful errors go unpunished in other games (letting that Son shot in near post but he was offside on VAR and going charging out against Southampton but someone cleared off the line).

He's off it in a big way to me right now but he has plenty of credit in the bank and he'll be back to his best soon I'm sure.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1119: Feb 10, 2021 04:58:57 pm

As long as there were no golf clubs involved we should be able to get past it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1120: Feb 10, 2021 05:10:57 pm
      Fair point, I think he was still a bit ill and was rushed back in as Adrian is not worth the risk.

I said in another thread, I think Ali was rushed back after his illness, or he said he ok, and quite possibly he wasn't ok. ?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1121: Feb 10, 2021 05:16:35 pm
      I am calling bullshit on the story, no inside track but find it very hard to believe  amazing things like come out when the team is struggling
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1122: Feb 10, 2021 09:37:55 pm

Actually it's probably the thing we need right now, one big massive Royal Rumble at Kirkby let everyone vent their frustrations and when everything has died down just simply say to them "now go tw*t Leicester"
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1123: Feb 11, 2021 08:44:55 am

Best thing to do is to create some space between them both.

Putting Hendo in midfield and away from the goalkeeper.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1124: Feb 11, 2021 05:49:16 pm
      Expect Ali to start vs Leicester so if there was something with him and Hendo, shake hands and move on.
      Though if there was something, you'd have to wonder what it was about.

He didn't look himself vs Citeh, whether it was coming back to soon from illness, or after having a tussle - hopefully is over both and ready to go by the weekend. And if in doubt, row Z is fine.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1125: Feb 13, 2021 02:15:34 pm
      Needs time to reflect on the bench..
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #1126: Feb 13, 2021 02:21:46 pm
      Great save to deny Vardy the 2nd but it was moments after throwing the game away. Kabak was on it and he completely took him out without clearing the ball.

Maybe he needs a game or two on the bench to reset mentally

Quick Reply