Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185754 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1127: Feb 13, 2021 02:27:16 pm
      How does he fall so far from grace the past 2 games? He has been shocking.

Even the first goal despite the offside bullcrap is very soft on him.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1128: Feb 13, 2021 02:28:07 pm
       ??? ???

What the F**k, lad? Mentality monster, my arse.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1129: Feb 13, 2021 02:29:45 pm
      Have people considered that Alisson was screaming that it’s his and the issue is with Kabak and a communication issue

One thing for sure is he won’t be on bench for the CL game and the Derby - clueless if you think the manager will do that
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1130: Feb 13, 2021 02:30:55 pm
      Have people considered that Alisson was screaming that it’s his and the issue is with Kabak and a communication issue

One thing for sure is he won’t be on bench for the CL game and the Derby - clueless if you think the manager will do that

Why are you so assured Ali won’t be dropped...? Unless you are privy to internal info...

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1131: Feb 13, 2021 02:33:43 pm
      ??? ???

What the f**k, lad? Mentality monster, my arse.

Absolute shambles from him last 2 games. Inexplicable.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1132: Feb 13, 2021 02:34:37 pm
      Why are you so assured Ali won’t be dropped...? Unless you are privy to internal info...

Because he is the best keeper in the world ffs 🤦‍♂️

Was he dropped after his errors on Sunday ?

Has he ever been dropped after errors

Answer NO

Do you really think Klopp will be playing Adrian or Kelleher against Leipzig and in the Derby
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1133: Feb 13, 2021 02:35:00 pm

Maybe, but if that’s the case, when does a player get held accountable for his performance?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1134: Feb 13, 2021 02:36:59 pm
      Maybe, but if that’s the case, when does a player get held accountable for his performance?

When the manager decides
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1135: Feb 13, 2021 02:38:18 pm
      Because he is the best keeper in the world ffs 🤦‍♂️

Was he dropped after his errors on Sunday ?

Has he ever been dropped after errors

Answer NO

Do you really think Klopp will be playing Adrian or Kelleher against Leipzig and in the Derby

Sends out the wrong message if Klopp doesn’t drop Ali...

Right now Ali is not the best keeper in the league that would be Ederson...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1136: Feb 13, 2021 02:43:14 pm
      Really don't think it's as clear cut as people are making out. Watched it a few times and I still don't think Kabak was in a good position to deal with the runner. Something went wrong of course but I think once the keeper was charging out, Kabak's got to get the F**k out of the way.

Madness to drop him for Leipzig by the way. He would have been taken out of the firing line today if Klopp was worried.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1137: Feb 13, 2021 02:44:57 pm
      Sends out the wrong message if Klopp doesn’t drop Ali...

Right now Ali is not the best keeper in the league that would be Ederson...

What message ?

You don’t drop the worlds best players at the drop of a hat - this isn’t a FIFA game

Grobelaar used to make plenty of mistakes, was still in the nets , Pepe used to make mistakes , still in the nets

Klopp will not drop Alisson for the next two games - that is a guarentee

And the message it sends out is the manager gets behind his players when they need support

Shame can’t be said about the fans
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1138: Feb 13, 2021 02:51:42 pm
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #1139: Feb 13, 2021 03:01:53 pm
      Some of our fans are utterly clueless. There’s too many reactive fans who focus too much on mistakes. Yes let’s take out the best goalkeeper in the world for two huge games. The man shows up 99% of the time and has been the difference in many important games. 2 dodgy games (the Leicester game isn’t clear-cut either) isn’t justification to drop him.

If Alisson’s form continues to dip then maybe he should have a game or two on the sidelines, but let’s have some faith in the man that has been a major reason for our success. Alisson doesn’t need to be punished for his errors. I have a lot of faith in him.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1140: Feb 13, 2021 03:08:51 pm
      Some of our fans are utterly clueless. There’s too many reactive fans who focus too much on mistakes. Yes let’s take out the best goalkeeper in the world for two huge games. The man shows up 99% of the time and has been the difference in many important games. 2 dodgy games (the Leicester game isn’t clear-cut either) isn’t justification to drop him.

If Alisson’s form continues to dip then maybe he should have a game or two on the sidelines, but let’s have some faith in the man that has been a major reason for our success. Alisson doesn’t need to be punished for his errors. I have a lot of faith in him.

Dude there is no over reaction. 3 mistakes in 2 games leading to 3 goals, not counting that stupid foden goal. At professional level, thats pretty sh*t. sh*t coming his way is right. That's 6 points down the drain. And he is not alone.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1141: Feb 13, 2021 03:12:11 pm

Agree with you he shouldn't be dropped mate but surely we would've heard him scream for it considering there's no fans?

Showed his class with the double save shortly after and I trust he'll get back to his best again.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #1142: Feb 13, 2021 03:16:30 pm
      Dude there is no over reaction. 3 mistakes in 2 games leading to 3 goals, not counting that stupid foden goal. At professional level, thats pretty sh*t. Sh*t coming his way is right. That's 6 points down the drain. And he is not alone.
      It’s 2 games. You can criticise Alisson but dropping him after 2 dodgy games is insanity imo. Alisson was horrendous against City but today he played with a young CB who he has never played with before and they had a miscommunication in a difficult scenario that they have never encountered together before.

So do you stick with a world class goalkeeper for two huge games or do you bring in Kelleher and have him team up with Henderson and Kabak?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1143: Feb 13, 2021 03:19:51 pm
      It’s 2 games. You can criticise Alisson but dropping him after 2 dodgy games is insanity imo. Alisson was horrendous against City but today he played with a young CB who he has never played with before and they had a miscommunication in a difficult scenario that they have never encountered together before.

So do you stick with a world class goalkeeper for two huge games or do you bring in Kelleher and have him team up with Henderson and Kabak?

Kelleher has done very well whenever he has played, so i personally would have no issue going with him next game. However, now that he's in the doghouse i rather roll with Alisson and hope he can rediscover his form than go with Adrian.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1144: Feb 13, 2021 03:20:13 pm

Nope I'm not saying dropping him is the solution. But, people are frustrated post match, I'm pretty sure normal sense will prevail after the sh*t has passed.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #1145: Feb 13, 2021 03:21:32 pm
      Nope I'm not saying dropping him is the solution. But, people are frustrated post match, I'm pretty sure normal sense will prevail after the sh*t has passed.
      Yes frustration is normal. We are all disappointed.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #1146: Feb 13, 2021 03:23:45 pm
      Kelleher has done very well whenever he has played, so i personally would have no issue going with him next game. However, now that he's in the doghouse i rather roll with Alisson and hope he can rediscover his form than go with Adrian.
      I wouldn’t be a bag of nerves if Kelleher was in goal as he has handled himself well so far, but I feel you simply have to keep Alisson in the team.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1147: Feb 13, 2021 03:53:47 pm
      Booting that into the wrong part of the field anyway. Need to put it out for a throw in calmly.

Needs to do everything more calmly. Not the illusion of calm he is trying to exude with his footwork, doing ksepy ups and all that sh*te but genuine clear thinking.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1148: Feb 13, 2021 03:55:46 pm
      Ali should never gone for that ball, never..

Should have stayed in his area...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1149: Feb 13, 2021 04:04:24 pm
      If he really has to come for it then left foot, calmly out for a throw. Dont have to whack it hust help it on its way. Trouble gone. Swinging like a rusty gate at it belongs in league 2.

Quick Reply