Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185870 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1150: Feb 13, 2021 04:08:23 pm
      Needs to focus on hitting it long and deep until his confidence returns.

Still a world-beater, two amazing saves.

Keep your head up.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1151: Feb 13, 2021 08:50:31 pm
      Needs to focus on hitting it long and deep until his confidence returns.

Still a world-beater, two amazing saves.

Keep your head up.

Whole team looks a bit fragile at the moment, we're missing recognised centre-backs and Hendo and Fab in midfield, that might actually calm Alli down!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1152: Feb 14, 2021 07:12:59 am
      2 weeks running, I have come in here and said WTF Ali?

What the Actual F**k Ali?

Maybe that supposed bust up with Hendo really did happen? Something is going on, it has to be, unless the F***ing Mafia have got  to him because the last two weeks have been inexplicable!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1153: Feb 14, 2021 08:17:18 am

What the Actual f**k Ali?

Maybe that supposed bust up with Hendo really did happen? Something is going on, it has to be, unless the f**king Mafia have got  to him because the last two weeks have been inexplicable!

There's no doubting he's had a bad couple of weeks. DeGea been through the same sh*t as you know. Frustrations understandably high with the both sets of fans. However, two weeks and two bad games I wouldn't even contemplate dropping him just yet.

If there is any truth in a alleged fall out then the priority is to sort that out before anything. Normally you get some type of snip it in the press by now but I've not seen or heard anything which believes  me to think it's all bullshit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1154: Feb 14, 2021 11:43:46 am

What the Actual F**k Ali?

Maybe that supposed bust up with Hendo really did happen? Something is going on, it has to be, unless the F***ing Mafia have got  to him because the last two weeks have been inexplicable!

There heads atlre up the arses, this would be the perfect moment for the boss to get everyone at the club together somewhere get them all bladdered and say something inspirational like the night of Kiev, but with Covid etc etc we're having to lurch on from one F**k up to the next.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1155: Feb 14, 2021 12:10:13 pm
      Whole team looks a bit fragile at the moment, we're missing recognised centre-backs and Hendo and Fab in midfield, that might actually calm Alli down!!

Is correct mate and quite possibly our shortcomings in those areas are allowing opposing players to loiter en masse in the penalty area, seeing the defence completely outnumbered certainly would not inspire confidence to say nothing of blocking his view.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1156: Feb 14, 2021 01:03:47 pm
      Have people considered that Alisson was screaming that it’s his and the issue is with Kabak and a communication issue

One thing for sure is he won’t be on bench for the CL game and the Derby - clueless if you think the manager will do that

Was he screaming for it, didn't look like that to me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1157: Feb 14, 2021 02:25:39 pm
      Was he screaming for it, didn't look like that to me.

Kloppb said he didn't hear a shout. I watch without the crowd noise and there was nothing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1158: Feb 15, 2021 02:14:17 am
      Some c**t somewhere in the world posted some BS, I'm hoping, that after the game Ali and Robbo came to blows in the change room, Jürgen saw it, said F**k this, walked out and didn't return with the Team back to Liverpool!!

Where do cu*ts get this sh*t from???
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1159: Feb 15, 2021 07:11:12 am
      Some c**t somewhere in the world posted some BS, I'm hoping, that after the game Ali and Robbo came to blows in the change room, Jürgen saw it, said f**k this, walked out and didn't return with the Team back to Liverpool!!

Reads like bad fiction that one.

In the movie he is hitchhiking and picked up by a supermodel. , :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1160: Feb 15, 2021 08:13:48 am
      Reads like bad fiction that one.

In the movie he is hitchhiking and picked up by a supermodel. , :laugh:

:D

Yep. it's called Boom Boom Becker  :D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1161: Feb 15, 2021 10:46:47 am

Yeah, I can imagine the doubt creeps in about who to pass it two 10x more because of the players all being in the wrong positions around him.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1162: Feb 15, 2021 11:42:31 am
      Some c**t somewhere in the world posted some BS, I'm hoping, that after the game Ali and Robbo came to blows in the change room, Jürgen saw it, said f**k this, walked out and didn't return with the Team back to Liverpool!!

Back of a cereal box I imagine mate.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1163: Feb 15, 2021 12:38:38 pm
      The error has overshadowed an absolute blinding save just after it..

Bad week for him but hes set the highest standarfs and tgat save he made should kill any concerns his head is gone or will go
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1164: Feb 15, 2021 01:02:12 pm
      Some c**t somewhere in the world posted some BS, I'm hoping, that after the game Ali and Robbo came to blows in the change room, Jürgen saw it, said F**k this, walked out and didn't return with the Team back to Liverpool!!

Ali the b***ard obviously asking Robbo what the F**k are shortbread all about and it's enough to send Robbo in a rage.

My take anyway :laugh:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1165: Feb 15, 2021 07:55:33 pm
      Needs to buck up his ideas by tomorrow
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1166: Feb 15, 2021 08:08:19 pm
      Quote from Fabio Aurelio
      I wouldn’t be a bag of nerves if Kelleher was in goal as he has handled himself well so far, but I feel you simply have to keep Alisson in the team.

On the basis of what?

Is it his ability to not concede penalties, or not be beaten at his near post, or not setting up his wall, or not getting his team mates booked, or not running out on wild goose chases, or maybe not clearing the ball straight to the opposition resulting with the ball in the net? Because that's all happened in the past 6 weeks with him there, and we've seen the consequences.

If you want to see how it should be done, watch how Kelleher dealt with that long punt upfield against Brighton. Alisson got sent off against them for not doing that last season. Come out and shout. If in doubt, head it out, job done ask questions later.

If it was Migs in goal (or anyone else) making the mistakes Alisson has, you would be tearing him apart, and you would be right. Yes he has been one of the best keepers in the world, but that was 2 years ago. It isn't atm, and we can't rely on form from 2 years ago to get us out of the position we're in. What if his next error puts us out of Europe, or wrecks the derby record, or costs us at some dump like Burnley with 2 games to go? When is the penny going to drop? The man's head has gone and he's currently throwing away points every week. So Jürgen has to show his ruthless streak again, or god knows what the next consequences will be.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1167: Feb 15, 2021 08:36:53 pm
      On the basis of what?

Is it his ability to not concede penalties, or not be beaten at his near post, or not setting up his wall, or not getting his team mates booked, or not running out on wild goose chases, or maybe not clearing the ball straight to the opposition resulting with the ball in the net? Because that's all happened in the past 6 weeks with him there, and we've seen the consequences.

If you want to see how it should be done, watch how Kelleher dealt with that long punt upfield against Brighton. Alisson got sent off against them for not doing that last season. Come out and shout. If in doubt, head it out, job done ask questions later.

If it was Migs in goal (or anyone else) making the mistakes Alisson has, you would be tearing him apart, and you would be right. Yes he has been one of the best keepers in the world, but that was 2 years ago. It isn't atm, and we can't rely on form from 2 years ago to get us out of the position we're in. What if his next error puts us out of Europe, or wrecks the derby record, or costs us at some dump like Burnley with 2 games to go? When is the penny going to drop? The man's head has gone and he's currently throwing away points every week. So Jürgen has to show his ruthless streak again, or god knows what the next consequences will be.

Well wide of the mark with that effort. See what Alisson is like when VVD and Gomez are back, I bet he won't be making the same mistakes then. So basically the goalie's a bit jittery because his normal back line isn't there and we're playing different combinations at centre-back every week. No wonder he might be making a few errors. He's just the same as a few other players making mistakes.

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1168: Feb 16, 2021 10:03:33 pm
      Well in Ali, one great save and clean sheet :)
      Jürgen kept that faith and was repaid.
      Delighted for both of them.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1169: Feb 16, 2021 10:05:58 pm
      And some people wanted him dropped  :mad:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1170: Feb 16, 2021 10:15:53 pm

I was one of those & he did look slightly nervous tonight..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1171: Feb 16, 2021 10:17:49 pm
      I was one of those & he did look slightly nervous tonight..

Understandable,  some of the passes to him didn't help
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1172: Feb 17, 2021 09:39:10 am
      Made another cracking save at a vital time but hes gone to sh*te with the ball at his feet which was a huge plus when we signed him

Quick Reply