Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W9 D9 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread

Read 98185 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,693 posts | 2709 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1225: Apr 07, 2021 08:26:03 pm
      Not going to put the boot into him, the guy has had what sounds like a crazy year of ups and downs. New dad, loses his dad under weird circumstances. You'd forgive any regular bloke for being a bit sh*t at his job for awhile after that. These guys are all still humans so when there's a huge noticeable dip in their play and it can be attribute to something in their personal life, probably best to show them some grace.

Of course, we are just discussing current form, same as Mane.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,070 posts | 3844 
      Reply #1226: Apr 07, 2021 08:47:17 pm
      Being that far off his line is partly what allows us to play such a high line, but he has been very average this season.

What high line ..? When your keeper is sweeping or distributing then the keeper is out his box but running far out to be chipped is criminal...

Look at his position in Madrid’s first 2 goals...
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,440 posts | 433 
      Reply #1227: Apr 08, 2021 04:23:14 pm
      He had regressed the past two years. I'm not picking on him, it just is what it is. Cant quite out my fingers on it, but he has definitely been struggling. Position, distribution, and shot stopping have all gone backwards.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1228: Apr 09, 2021 03:33:33 am
      It can't be helping the defenders looking round and seeing Ron Burgundy in goal. Lose the 'tache Ali, it's f***in shockin!

It's gone!  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,321 posts | 5173 
      Reply #1229: Apr 09, 2021 05:45:47 pm

Someone's definitely shown him the Freddie Mercury pisstake.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      Reply #1230: Apr 10, 2021 02:31:47 am
      Someone's definitely shown him the Freddie Mercury pisstake.

for sure!

He's probably on here mate and saw my post.  :D
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,070 posts | 3844 
      Reply #1231: Apr 10, 2021 04:09:47 pm
      Get a feeling he wants to move on... his performances have been poor...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      Reply #1232: Apr 10, 2021 05:02:04 pm
      He has been sh*t for a while now, his last 4 shots against him went in for 4 goals. Honestly think he should have saved all 4.
      • Forum John Toshack

• 270 posts | 21 
      Reply #1233: Apr 10, 2021 05:08:35 pm
      He has been sh*t for a while now, his last 4 shots against him went in for 4 goals. Honestly think he should have saved all 4.

You have this with all goalkeepers once in a while, just as sometimes your strikers do not score on consecutive occasions. You have to look at the big picture. And though I think Alisson is overrated he's better than Mig was.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,273 posts | 3447 
      Reply #1234: Apr 10, 2021 05:13:50 pm
      Needs to get his sh*t together if we want to have any chance of top 4.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,070 posts | 3844 
      Reply #1235: Apr 10, 2021 05:16:47 pm
      Needs to get his sh*t together if we want to have any chance of top 4.

I think he tried to flick the ball & not stop it...

Im nonplussed with him this season..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      Reply #1236: Apr 11, 2021 12:19:31 am
      Most, if not all keepers would have saved that with their foot but na, our Ali has to go down and let it slide in under him.

FFS, the lads must be smashing it in training and hitting everything past him. He looks timid now, lost confidence.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,514 posts | 712 
      Reply #1237: Apr 11, 2021 02:42:02 am
      Watching the replay of the game, that was a really poor effort on him for the goal. Sunday league keeping.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,575 posts | 1184 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1238: Apr 11, 2021 08:14:53 am
      Most, if not all keepers would have saved that with their foot but na, our Ali has to go down and let it slide in under him.

FFS, the lads must be smashing it in training and hitting everything past him. He looks timid now, lost confidence.

Kinda weird isn't it, he's gone from one of the best goal keepers in the world and now been looking average for couple of months. What is it with these keepers?

DeGea also been throwing average performances in over the last couple of seasons after being No 1 for so long. Wish I could explain it but I can't.  :f_doh:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,525 posts | 2034 
      Reply #1239: Apr 11, 2021 09:14:11 am
      Kinda weird isn't it, he's gone from one of the best goal keepers in the world and now been looking average for couple of months. What is it with these keepers?

DeGea also been throwing average performances in over the last couple of seasons after being No 1 for so long. Wish I could explain it but I can't.  :f_doh:

Complacency Keith.

De Gea had no competition for his position until this season. Low and behold his form improves as soon as he sees how good Henderson is.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,575 posts | 1184 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1240: Apr 11, 2021 11:43:35 am
      Complacency Keith.

De Gea had no competition for his position until this season. Low and behold his form improves as soon as he sees how good Henderson is.

Well based on recent events it's a possibility because DeGea has improved. However, DeGea still stays on his line far to much for me whereas Henderson has no hesitation coming off it when needed, it's a trate I love to see in goalkeepers.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      Reply #1241: Apr 12, 2021 04:51:27 am

Not that I'd even want De Gea at our Club but that goal Villa scored, could see De Gea stopping that with his feet easily. Ali went down to the ground to try to save that!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,575 posts | 1184 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1242: Apr 12, 2021 07:50:19 am
      Not that I'd even want De Gea at our Club but that goal Villa scored, could see De Gea stopping that with his feet easily. Ali went down to the ground to try to save that!

Of course you wouldn't he's a manc  ;D DeGea stops shots with his legs more than the average keeper as it appears to be his trade mark, obviously works ( well it did) because he came No 1 for years. I know he's no longer No1 but still better than Ali  :f_whistle:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,978 posts | 2670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1243: Apr 12, 2021 08:04:17 am
      I would support Alisson with all he went through. He gave us two brilliant seasons! Next season, he will be better.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,514 posts | 712 
      Reply #1244: Apr 12, 2021 01:59:07 pm
      I would support Alisson with all he went through. He gave us two brilliant seasons! Next season, he will be better.

He has to be and be back to his old self, otherwise there needs to be a goalie conversation and who to replace him with. You look at the goals he gifted City at Anfield, then Leicester soon thereafter, the goal yesterday and the 3rd goal against Madrid as 5 goals conceded from individual errors or stops a goalie needs to make, and there are probably more as well as his overall substandard level.

This current version of Alisson is not good enough for a team that will have league and European title aspirations.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,070 posts | 3844 
      Reply #1245: Apr 12, 2021 04:25:02 pm
      He has to be and be back to his old self, otherwise there needs to be a goalie conversation and who to replace him with. You look at the goals he gifted City at Anfield, then Leicester soon thereafter, the goal yesterday and the 3rd goal against Madrid as 5 goals conceded from individual errors or stops a goalie needs to make, and there are probably more as well as his overall substandard level.

This current version of Alisson is not good enough for a team that will have league and European title aspirations.

Might not sit well with some but I’d swap Ali for Oblak in a heartbeat..,
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,978 posts | 2670 
      Reply #1246: Apr 14, 2021 06:17:15 pm
      Give him a f***in chance to be back to his old form. His father's death isn't helping either.

YNWA Alisson.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,514 posts | 712 
      Reply #1247: Apr 14, 2021 06:35:09 pm
      Give him a f***in chance to be back to his old form. His father's death isn't helping either.

YNWA Alisson.

I don't think anyone is saying he should be moved this summer, therefore giving him the opportunity to get back to his old form, which dipped long before his father's unfortunate death.

If next season we get this year's version of Alisson, then a conversation about replacing him is merited.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,978 posts | 2670 
      Reply #1248: Apr 14, 2021 06:48:00 pm
      I don't think anyone is saying he should be moved this summer, therefore giving him the opportunity to get back to his old form, which dipped long before his father's unfortunate death.

If next season we get this year's version of Alisson, then a conversation about replacing him is merited.

Of course but this season everyone has dropped.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,525 posts | 2034 
      Reply #1249: Apr 15, 2021 12:10:08 am
      Showed his class tonight with the double save.

Our best player tonight after Trent.

Brilliant keeper having a tough few months

Anyone making sounds to replace Ali is daft as a brush.

Quick Reply