Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185750 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1242: Apr 12, 2021 07:50:19 am
      Not that I'd even want De Gea at our Club but that goal Villa scored, could see De Gea stopping that with his feet easily. Ali went down to the ground to try to save that!

Of course you wouldn't he's a manc  ;D DeGea stops shots with his legs more than the average keeper as it appears to be his trade mark, obviously works ( well it did) because he came No 1 for years. I know he's no longer No1 but still better than Ali  :f_whistle:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1243: Apr 12, 2021 08:04:17 am
      I would support Alisson with all he went through. He gave us two brilliant seasons! Next season, he will be better.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1244: Apr 12, 2021 01:59:07 pm
      I would support Alisson with all he went through. He gave us two brilliant seasons! Next season, he will be better.

He has to be and be back to his old self, otherwise there needs to be a goalie conversation and who to replace him with. You look at the goals he gifted City at Anfield, then Leicester soon thereafter, the goal yesterday and the 3rd goal against Madrid as 5 goals conceded from individual errors or stops a goalie needs to make, and there are probably more as well as his overall substandard level.

This current version of Alisson is not good enough for a team that will have league and European title aspirations.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1245: Apr 12, 2021 04:25:02 pm
      He has to be and be back to his old self, otherwise there needs to be a goalie conversation and who to replace him with. You look at the goals he gifted City at Anfield, then Leicester soon thereafter, the goal yesterday and the 3rd goal against Madrid as 5 goals conceded from individual errors or stops a goalie needs to make, and there are probably more as well as his overall substandard level.

This current version of Alisson is not good enough for a team that will have league and European title aspirations.

Might not sit well with some but I’d swap Ali for Oblak in a heartbeat..,
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1246: Apr 14, 2021 06:17:15 pm
      Give him a f***in chance to be back to his old form. His father's death isn't helping either.

YNWA Alisson.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1247: Apr 14, 2021 06:35:09 pm
      Give him a f***in chance to be back to his old form. His father's death isn't helping either.

YNWA Alisson.

I don't think anyone is saying he should be moved this summer, therefore giving him the opportunity to get back to his old form, which dipped long before his father's unfortunate death.

If next season we get this year's version of Alisson, then a conversation about replacing him is merited.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1248: Apr 14, 2021 06:48:00 pm
      I don't think anyone is saying he should be moved this summer, therefore giving him the opportunity to get back to his old form, which dipped long before his father's unfortunate death.

If next season we get this year's version of Alisson, then a conversation about replacing him is merited.

Of course but this season everyone has dropped.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1249: Apr 15, 2021 12:10:08 am
      Showed his class tonight with the double save.

Our best player tonight after Trent.

Brilliant keeper having a tough few months

Anyone making sounds to replace Ali is daft as a brush.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1250: Apr 19, 2021 01:56:37 pm
      Quote from bazspeedman
      Showed his class tonight with the double save.

Our best player tonight after Trent.

Brilliant keeper having a tough few months

Anyone making sounds to replace Ali is daft as a brush.

Courtois saved Salah's shot against him with his feet, what Allisson should have done against Villa, but didn't.

Against Real at home, he had very little to do. He was beaten at his near post in the last goal in the tie. As for his tough few months, he has declared himself fit to play. So he has to be judged to the same high standards as any other player would. If they drop, people are not daft to say so.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1251: Apr 19, 2021 04:49:01 pm
      Courtois saved Salah's shot against him with his feet, what Allisson should have done against Villa, but didn't.

Against Real at home, he had very little to do. He was beaten at his near post in the last goal in the tie. As for his tough few months, he has declared himself fit to play. So he has to be judged to the same high standards as any other player would. If they drop, people are not daft to say so.

Oh F**k off you annoying sad little cretin, have you ever actually supported any of the players or this club? All I see from you is sucking off VAR or explaining how our players should do things compared to other teams.... have you ever even celebrated one of our wins or goals? Or do you go straight into ‘how can I rule this out?’ mode.....

Sad little man.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1252: Apr 20, 2021 06:56:13 pm

Don't listen to people abusing you.

I agree, he doesn't do enough.

He's been beaten so easily lately. When's the last time he had a world class performance?

I could name 5 keepers, in the league, that's been better than him this year.

I don't want anyone coming along and telling me about "last year he was the best in the world". It's 2021 and the world keeps spinning.

Either he improves his form or he needs to be moved on. I've not seen a flying save from this guy in forever
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1253: Apr 20, 2021 07:04:40 pm

When's the last time he had a world class performance?

Er

Last night

The bloke is world class , simple
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1254: Apr 20, 2021 07:06:12 pm
      Er

Last night

Blind support I see
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1255: Apr 20, 2021 07:09:37 pm

Over criticism I see
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1256: Apr 20, 2021 07:22:10 pm
      Bro I can only comment on what I see.

When's the last time he made a flying save?

He deals with everything that comes straight at him very well but put the ball either side of him and he's useless
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1257: Apr 20, 2021 07:24:14 pm
      Bro I can only comment on what I see.

When's the last time he made a flying save?

He deals with everything that comes straight at him very well but put the ball either side of him and he's useless

Flying save?

What good keeper does? It’s all about positioning so you make the difficult easy

He’s world class, simple as that. I go back to the mid 80s and he’s the best I’ve seen
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1258: Apr 20, 2021 07:32:49 pm
      You're entitled to your opinion so fair do's.

What would you put his form down to?

And yeah I reckon top goalkeepers make top flying saves.

I've piped up De Gea on here before, it's what started the secret Manc accusations ;D, but I mentioned him because for a period of time he was the best I've seen. He was stopping it all. It made me sick but I had to give him his props. He's finished now (side note but has anyone noticed how the media haven't made a circus of a 370k a week De Gea getting dropped? Can you imagine if that was anyone else)

I'm not seeing that level from Alisson tbf. He's not plucking anything out top bins. I stand on my statement, anything either side of him and it goes in
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1259: Apr 20, 2021 07:37:13 pm
      You're entitled to your opinion so fair do's.

What would you put his form down to?

And yeah I reckon top goalkeepers make top flying saves.

I've piped up De Gea on here before, it's what started the secret Manc accusations ;D, but I mentioned him because for a period of time he was the best I've seen. He was stopping it all. It made me sick but I had to give him his props. He's finished now (side note but has anyone noticed how the media haven't made a circus of a 370k a week De Gea getting dropped? Can you imagine if that was anyone else)

I'm not seeing that level from Alisson tbf. He's not plucking anything out top bins. I stand on my statement, anything either side of him and it goes in

What would I put his drop in form down to? His father died and he’s grieving and not even been able to go home to his family
      His country is dealing with COVID probably the worst in the world
      All that stress maybe
      Plus he hasn’t got the best cb in the world in front of him

For me how good he is is by how easy he makes things look, he doesn’t spill hardly anything, everything sticks
      Great keepers read situations so they don’t have to pull things out of the top bin

Also don’t forget without his “world class “ save against Napoli we don’t win the CL

There have been numerous world class saves, he’s unbelievable, he’s just having a tough little period
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1260: Apr 20, 2021 07:49:09 pm
      Er

Last night

Should he not have come for the goal ? Just an observation
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1261: Apr 20, 2021 08:00:39 pm
      What would I put his drop in form down to? His father died and he’s grieving and not even been able to go home to his family
      All that stress maybe

For me how good he is is by how easy he makes things look, he doesn’t spill hardly anything, everything sticks
      Great keepers read situations so they don’t have to pull things out of the top bin

Also don’t forget without his “world class “ save against Napoli we don’t win the CL

There have been numerous world class saves, he’s unbelievable, he’s just having a tough little period

Yeah the dad and country thing makes sense.

Napoli was straight at him (just saying) but world class no doubt.

But in my original post I did say I only want to discuss this year. I believe in judging a man on current form
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1262: Apr 22, 2021 07:37:49 pm
      Quote from L4.19Times
      All that stress maybe

This little period has been going on for months, much of it before what happened to his father. Those months have cost us points and cups, he didn't set up his wall in the cup, out we went, he got beaten at the near post in the European Cup, out we went, he gifted City and Leicester three points each, and the title went. They're just the most obvious errors, there have been many more. Two years ago,  he made 2 errors that season.

He took one game out on compassionate grounds, could have had more if he wanted. But he chose to come back when he did, therefore we have to assume he is ready to play and do the job. I'm sure if we don't finish in the top 4, he'll be one of the first to want to abandon ship. He didn't come here to play Thursday night football, or no European football altogether. Maybe if he made less errors, we might not have to worry about whether we'll finish above West Ham or not.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1263: Apr 22, 2021 07:46:42 pm
      This little period has been going on for months, much of it before what happened to his father. Those months have cost us points and cups, he didn't set up his wall in the cup, out we went, he got beaten at the near post in the European Cup, out we went, he gifted City and Leicester three points each, and the title went. They're just the most obvious errors, there have been many more. Two years ago,  he made 2 errors that season.

He took one game out on compassionate grounds, could have had more if he wanted. But he chose to come back when he did, therefore we have to assume he is ready to play and do the job. I'm sure if we don't finish in the top 4, he'll be one of the first to want to abandon ship. He didn't come here to play Thursday night football, or no European football altogether. Maybe if he made less errors, we might not have to worry about whether we'll finish above West Ham or not.

Three things

You’re very  uncompassionate

You’re too black and white in seemingly everything in life

I’d be happy to put a friendly bet on (for charity - you name it ) £100 that he is still here even if we don’t qualify for the CL
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1264: Apr 30, 2021 03:22:43 pm
      If you have that amount to give to charity, good for you.

If Migs or Karius or San Miguel, or even Bogdan made the amount of errors that he has made this season they would rightly, be ripped to shreds, and they were. His inexplicable mistakes against City this season turned a battle for the title into a battle for the top four. They still hurt. Other players have been torn apart here for less, so if they should be held responsible for why our season has ended up the way it has, he will be as well.

Quick Reply