Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185976 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #1288: May 09, 2021 09:01:03 pm
      How long are you going to "accept" it? He's not judged on the saves he makes. For someone who cost the amount he did, you expect him to make a few saves. It's how often his errors are, how many clean sheets he keeps, and how much confidence we have in him, that make the judgement.

You can talk about the saves he made all you want, but if that latest error was punished again, that's another 2 points down the Mersey, and as sure as eggs are eggs, it's going to happen again. It's not good enough for who we are and what we want to win, just as it wasn't for those in goal before him.

I’ll give you credit for continuing to dismiss him but after yesterday surely even you must see how good he is
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1289: May 09, 2021 09:27:12 pm
      How long are you going to "accept" it? He's not judged on the saves he makes. For someone who cost the amount he did, you expect him to make a few saves. It's how often his errors are, how many clean sheets he keeps, and how much confidence we have in him, that make the judgement.

You can talk about the saves he made all you want, but if that latest error was punished again, that's another 2 points down the Mersey, and as sure as eggs are eggs, it's going to happen again. It's not good enough for who we are and what we want to win, just as it wasn't for those in goal before him.

I agree.

He keeps adding to the blooper reel every game and that's scary
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1290: May 09, 2021 09:35:47 pm
      I agree.

Hahaha

F**k off
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1291: May 09, 2021 09:44:09 pm

I’ll give you credit for continuing to dismiss him but after yesterday surely even you must see how good he is

I’m shocked people are doubting him - the whole team have been making mistakes all season - no one is blameless, we struggle as a team and we rise as a team.

Alisson is top class
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1292: May 09, 2021 10:01:08 pm
      You can talk about the saves he made all you want, but if that latest error was punished again.

But it wasn't?

Just like when a striker misses a chance but then bags the winner you don't give a F**k what happened before it. Ali made an error (saved it after anyway) but he saved two or three almost certain goals last night and simply put we would have lost the game without him. Just as we would have lost to Leeds and Newcastle without him as well.

I don't get it with you, there are just some topics that you become so focused on in one regard that you lose all perspective. VAR, Rafa, face masks now Alisson. Ali could keep 10 clean sheets in a row and you'd still find some weird fault in him just like you don't acknowledge the faults around VAR one bit despite it showing it's a flawed system week in, week out.

Anyway as for Ali, one of the world's best for me and only Oblak is probably better than him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1293: May 09, 2021 10:45:53 pm
      I agree.

Not all his fault when the plan is to play like that!!

Have you also added his block to the list of moments he's kept us from conceding?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1294: May 10, 2021 12:04:13 am
      Confidence seems back. Only thing that held him back this season. Back to his best IMO
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1295: May 10, 2021 12:44:27 am
      But it wasn't?

Just like when a striker misses a chance but then bags the winner you don't give a f**k what happened before it. Ali made an error (saved it after anyway) but he saved two or three almost certain goals last night and simply put we would have lost the game without him. Just as we would have lost to Leeds and Newcastle without him as well.

I don't get it with you, there are just some topics that you become so focused on in one regard that you lose all perspective. VAR, Rafa, face masks now Alisson. Ali could keep 10 clean sheets in a row and you'd still find some weird fault in him just like you don't acknowledge the faults around VAR one bit despite it showing it's a flawed system week in, week out.

Anyway as for Ali, one of the world's best for me and only Oblak is probably better than him.

You can't compare a keeper to a striker.

A keeper is meant to have one blooper a year, if that. A good striker misses 2/3 chances per game. Apples and pears mate.

Let's not take away from the fact that he won us the 3 points yesterday, my point was he almost lost us 2 points.

He's showing us a blooper per game and that's worrying. Is that concentration or just recklessness? Either way he needs to stamp that out.

If he irons that out he goes back to number one on the planet for me.

He's had a bad year, and I hadn't seen anything spectacular from him to fight his case, but the last 4/5 games he's been proper BUT seems to have a blooper every game
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1296: May 10, 2021 05:15:41 pm
      Baby getting timing right, so Dad's free for Thursday!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnnieHarte21/status/1391773946421420042
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1297: May 10, 2021 08:02:49 pm

Wonderful news, congratulations to Mummy and Daddy Becker and their beautiful new baby  :gt-happyup:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #1298: May 11, 2021 07:35:52 am
      He is really an exceptional goalkeeper. However, I wanted to share an observation. I'm asking myself if I and others haven't overrated his passing abilities. For me every time he has the ball in his feet, he shows everything but confidence, and his passing has been mediocre.

He is still head and shoulders above most GK in terms of reliability but his passing still worries me. I think he did a mistake during the last game. I think we overvalued him there thanks to Van Dijk and he should improve that.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1299: May 11, 2021 09:26:19 am
      Congratulations to the Beckers on their new baby son. Who knows he could turn out to be our keeper, in twenty years time !
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1300: May 16, 2021 06:31:21 pm
      Wow. Just wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Wow.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #1301: May 16, 2021 06:31:26 pm
      The best goalie in the world!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1302: May 16, 2021 06:34:21 pm
      To the feckers doubting him earlier in the thread, and saying he needs to answer for his errors.....

TAKE THAT F***ing ANSWER!  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1303: May 16, 2021 06:37:56 pm
      Where is that dick that wanted him replaced
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1304: May 16, 2021 06:38:56 pm
      I’d sell
      Him.. 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1305: May 16, 2021 06:41:51 pm

New signing for next season upfront :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1306: May 16, 2021 06:47:38 pm
      New signing for next season upfront :laugh:

Quite a moving interview.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1307: May 16, 2021 07:38:01 pm
      Normally I hate to see a goalie come up in the dying seconds of a game as I think it smacks of desperation......BUT oh how glad am I that Alisson did exactly that today and what a cracking header too.....wonderful and could so easily make such a massive difference to the final table and getting Champions league footy.

You could see by the players reactions just how much it meant, after all the stick he's taken this season. I'm absolutely thrilled to bits for him. Well done lad, proud.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1308: May 16, 2021 07:45:26 pm
      Normally I hate to see a goalie come up in the dying seconds of a game as I think it smacks of desperation......BUT oh how glad am I that Alisson did exactly that today and what a cracking header too.....wonderful and could so easily make such a massive difference to the final table and getting Champions league footy.

You could see by the players reactions just how much it meant, after all the stick he's taken this season. I'm absolutely thrilled to bits for him. Well done lad, proud.

exactly I hope nobody says our players dont care I saw an incredible response full of emotion and love for their friend and colleague who lets face it did something that just does not happen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1309: May 16, 2021 08:05:10 pm
      Love this guy. If you don’t there must be something wrong with you.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1310: May 16, 2021 08:06:21 pm
      exactly I hope nobody says our players dont care I saw an incredible response full of emotion and love for their friend and colleague who lets face it did something that just does not happen.

It was wonderful to see wasn't it, love to see that raw emotion on their faces.

Quick Reply