Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185813 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)
      Reply #1518: Feb 23, 2023 07:46:39 am
      Some are talking about selling Ali

F**k off you absolute F***ing weirdo's.

Without Ali we would be in a relegation fight!!

If all the one to ones went in, we found been downunder.

He's a top keeper.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #1519: Feb 23, 2023 08:05:00 am
      If all the one to ones went in, we found been downunder.

He's a top keeper.

The KOP chanting his name after his F**k-up.. Class!

That is the difference between the keyboard warriors and match goers.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1520: Feb 23, 2023 12:24:56 pm
      The KOP chanting his name after his f**k-up.. Class!

Couldn’t of called it any better really. Ok he had a bad game but still say he’s been your best player this year so far.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1521: Feb 23, 2023 04:31:49 pm
      Report    Logged
      I may disapprove o

I agree Keith, the same with De Gea last season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1522: Feb 23, 2023 06:41:31 pm
      Most quality keepers have a proven defence in front of them, in Ali's position it is not the case. Time and time again he pulls off super saves, so yes he is allowed the odd lapse.

Certainly need a decent back four before challenging for silverware again !
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1523: Feb 23, 2023 06:57:03 pm
      One player I wouldn't batt an eye lid at being here for another 5+ years.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1524: Feb 23, 2023 11:34:40 pm
      I love him but F**k me Ali, you can't be doing lazy sh*t like that.

Gut wrenching to concede that way!

Foot note: for every other Club, the ball would have ricocheted out of play or over the bar, but of course it's us, wasn't going anywhere but in the back of the F***ing net!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #1525: Feb 24, 2023 05:30:29 am
      I love him but f**k me Ali, you can't be doing lazy sh*t like that.

Foot note: for every other Club, the ball would have ricocheted out of play or over the bar, but of course it's us, wasn't going anywhere but in the back of the f**king net!

I really think he believes he is good with his feet. He is clearly not!
      Not totally his fault, he is asked to do things he's poor at doing and with our defenders who are not as technical as Real Madrid players, it adds useless pressure on our team. At one point he did a pass towards Robertson who fails to control it and Real Madrid got a throw in early in the game. At this level, this is not acceptable!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1526: Feb 24, 2023 08:29:25 am
      I love him but f**k me Ali, you can't be doing lazy sh*t like that.

Foot note: for every other Club, the ball would have ricocheted out of play or over the bar, but of course it's us, wasn't going anywhere but in the back of the f**king net!

World class players make mistakes Ian. Christ we had De Gea go off the boil for a while. (( Now he’s come good again))  Your lad just had a bad game, sh*t happens. Once again surprised at some of the comments. Selling him should be the last thought of some fans, that would 100% be another step backwards.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1527: Feb 24, 2023 10:27:59 am
      The KOP chanting his name after his F**k-up.. Class!

If there's one man that shouldn't be dropped in the blame game it's Alison and to even consider the thought is foolish in the extreme.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1528: Feb 24, 2023 10:04:19 pm
      F**kin hell this forum likes to get up on its high horse.

Nobody on this thread, that I can see, has said that they want to sell Alisson, who clearly has been our best player this season by a mile. The question, posed by myself and Walton, was would Jürgen/the club think of selling him IF it is true, as many one here think, that we will have to sell in order to buy?

Personally, I want us to buy 2 top class CMs (would like it if Bellingham was one) and 1 top class CB. We would almost certainly then need to spend >£150m to get the quality we need in those areas.

To fund this, I'd like to see us move on Ox, Keita, Firmino. Milner, Phillips, Jones and, maybe, although I'm not sure, Fabinho. The most that that lot will bring in would be around £50-£60m,

So are FSG going to stump up the extra >£100m? Personally, i haven't given up hope that they might. But if they don't, and demand something close to eg another £50m in sales to help fund it, where is Jürgen going to find that? Either he is going to have to sell somebody big (cos the squad will already have got quite a bit smaller), or give up on at least one of those new signings. So, if he needs the big signings many of us think he needs, that basically would mean selling either Mo or Ali. Now I do not want to sell either of these players. But Jürgen may have to chose (if FSG are as tight as we all say they are) and, while I hear what others are saying about Ali having more years ahead of him than Mo: (a) we would get more for Ali; and (b) we have a reasonably proven replacement for Ali already in the squad in Kelleher.

So would Jürgen think of selling Ali IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES?

That's all that's being asked. Please feel free to discuss.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1529: Feb 24, 2023 10:29:57 pm

Nobody on this thread, that I can see, has said that they want to sell Alisson, who clearly has been our best player this season by a mile. The question, posed by myself and Walton, was would Jürgen/the club think of selling him IF it is true, as many one here think, that we will have to sell in order to buy?

Personally, I want us to buy 2 top class CMs (would like it if Bellingham was one) and 1 top class CB. We would almost certainly then need to spend >£150m to get the quality we need in those areas.

To fund this, I'd like to see us move on Ox, Keita, Firmino. Milner, Phillips, Jones and, maybe, although I'm not sure, Fabinho. The most that that lot will bring in would be around £50-£60m,

So are FSG going to stump up the extra >£100m? Personally, i haven't given up hope that they might. But if they don't, and demand something close to eg another £50m in sales to help fund it, where is Jürgen going to find that? Either he is going to have to sell somebody big (cos the squad will already have got quite a bit smaller), or give up on at least one of those new signings. So, if he needs the big signings many of us think he needs, that basically would mean selling either Mo or Ali. Now I do not want to sell either of these players. But Jürgen may have to chose (if FSG are as tight as we all say they are) and, while I hear what others are saying about Ali having more years ahead of him than Mo: (a) we would get more for Ali; and (b) we have a reasonably proven replacement for Ali already in the squad in Kelleher.

That's a big bag of hypotheticals you've put together:
      I can see them (FSG ) moving on the players you list....perhaps not all, but close enough. I don't think Ali or Mo go. And if we stand a chance to buy Bellingham, then I think they fund the purchase. There is a perception that the owners are tight, I can't make my mind up either way....But this season (for the first time) signals big investment is needed this summer. In a way the speedy demise of the squad demands they have to invest heavily, otherwise we slip further back down the league and we generate less income.....They don't want that. They'll fund the rebuild needed, that's my guess....remember it's not personal money...it's company, shareholder money...they've got plenty.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1530: Feb 24, 2023 10:45:06 pm
      That's a big bag of hypotheticals you've put together:
      I can see them (FSG ) moving on the players you list....perhaps not all, but close enough. I don't think Ali or Mo go. And if we stand a chance to buy Bellingham, then I think they fund the purchase. There is a perception that the owners are tight, I can't make my mind up either way....But this season (for the first time) signals big investment is needed this summer. In a way the speedy demise of the squad demands they have to invest heavily, otherwise we slip further back down the league and we generate less income.....They don't want that. They'll fund the rebuild needed, that's my guess....remember it's not personal money...it's company, shareholder money...they've got plenty.

Yeah I think they might fund it as well. Hope they do.

As you say, I'm coming up with some hypotheticals. Part of the joys(?) of being a football fan - fantasising about being the manager and what would you do if...? When you don't actually know what the actual manager is faced with. So, yeah, hopefully FSG will stump up big. But it's interesting (to me anyway) to put myself in Jürgen's shoes and think what he should, or would, do if they don't.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1531: Feb 24, 2023 10:53:39 pm

If the club is planning to sell 1 of the big name players I think it could be 1 of the left attacking players, Diaz or Jota.
      First, I'm not saying I want either of those players sold but-
      We have lots of left side attacking players; Jürgen has started to play Darwin there and Carvalho is a good option and only 4th choice.
      Maybe Diaz or Jota wants to leave and has a good offer from another club.
      We could maybe get £50-80m to spend on a midfielder or CB.

I definitely don't think we should sell Ali. If a GK is leaving it will be Kelleher (I don't want to sell him either but would accept it if he wants first team football).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1532: Feb 25, 2023 12:45:31 pm

So still talk of selling then?

It's not high fuckng horse when that's clearly what you're talking about. Ifs and F***ing buts but the endgame is still the same - talk of selling!!

I'd sell Salah before Alisson.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1533: Mar 07, 2023 04:35:18 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1534: Mar 13, 2023 08:47:19 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED

Sell Salah and that's at least 20 goals a year taken out of the side. Where are we going find a suitable replacement to score them, and how much is he going to cost? Mad idea.

If Alisson left at some point, we have an oven ready replacement on our doorstep waiting patiently in the wings, with no distribution issues to worry about, and who costs us nothing.
      Millsy75
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts | 40 
      Reply #1535: Mar 13, 2023 08:57:15 pm
      So still talk of selling then?

It's not high fuckng horse when that's clearly what you're talking about. Ifs and f**king buts but the endgame is still the same - talk of selling!!

fsg can F**k right off  ,milking our club ,wankers
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1536: Mar 18, 2023 05:55:30 pm
      Sell Salah and that's at least 20 goals a year taken out of the side. Where are we going find a suitable replacement to score them, and how much is he going to cost? Mad idea.

If Alisson left at some point, we have an oven ready replacement on our doorstep waiting patiently in the wings, with no distribution issues to worry about, and who costs us nothing.

You find good strikers. Same way you found Salah!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1537: Mar 18, 2023 05:56:28 pm

Seems Klopp doesn't agree.

Talk of Kelleher being sold!! Moneyball for you.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #1538: Mar 18, 2023 07:36:18 pm
      Without Becker we'd be in the lower half of the table, this has been the best season I've seen him in action and he's always been a great goalie, what a top goalkeeper, ok he has some lapses of judgement but they are far and few between. he's in his peak realm pity the team isn't or we'd be winning most stuff with a goalie like him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1539: May 16, 2023 07:47:14 am
      What more can be said about this guy? Our player of the season. Hopefully between the sticks for us for the next 10 years!

https://twitter.com/squawka_live/status/1658215127743602691?s=46
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #1540: Jul 04, 2023 07:45:51 am

Quick Reply