Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Danny Ward (Leicester)

Read 13951 times
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Danny Ward (Leicester)
      Jul 19, 2018 12:56:36 pm
      Leicester agreed £10M fee for Danny, quite surprised he's the first one out of the door out of him, Migs and Karius.

If this goes through are we thinking Karius is going to be the understudy and Migs moved on?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Re: Danny Ward (Leicester)
      Reply #1: Jul 19, 2018 01:13:13 pm
      Yeah, pretty sure the idea is to make Karius #2. Even though I wouldn’t be surprised to see Karius pushing for a move now, I mean he’s hardly ever going to play now.

Good luck to Danny at Leicester!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2: Jul 19, 2018 01:38:25 pm
      Yeah, pretty sure the idea is to make Karius #2. Even though I wouldn’t be surprised to see Karius pushing for a move now, I mean he’s hardly ever going to play now.

Good luck to Danny at Leicester!

Thought Ward would be the #2 for us and not Leicester. And i agree Karius will push for a move. He should be starting somewhere instead of getting Carabao Cup games, if that, since Liverpool paid what they did for Alisson to start him every day.
      Kopite78
      Reply #3: Jul 19, 2018 02:05:41 pm
      Thought Ward would be the #2 for us and not Leicester. And i agree Karius will push for a move. He should be starting somewhere instead of getting Carabao Cup games, if that, since Liverpool paid what they did for Alisson to start him every day.

Don't think ward is going to Leicester to be a number 2
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4: Jul 19, 2018 02:12:03 pm
      Don't think ward is going to Leicester to be a number 2

Ah, some tweet i saw said it was to "compete with" Kasper and not as his replacement.
      Kopite78
      Reply #5: Jul 19, 2018 02:12:43 pm
      Ah, some tweet i saw said it was to "compete with" Kasper and not as his replacement.

Talk is Schmiechel is off to Roma or possibly Chelsea
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6: Jul 19, 2018 02:20:23 pm
      Leicester agreed £10M fee for Danny, quite surprised he's the first one out of the door out of him, Migs and Karius.

If this goes through are we thinking Karius is going to be the understudy and Migs moved on?

I thought Ward was going to stay.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Jul 19, 2018 02:28:32 pm
      I thought Ward was going to stay.

Bloody hell that is the shortest stint as number 1 since Dudek arrived days after Kirkland
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #8: Jul 19, 2018 02:36:18 pm

Why should Karius be starting somewhere?

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #9: Jul 19, 2018 02:41:13 pm
      Talk is Schmiechel is off to Roma or possibly Chelsea

Wouldnt be suprised at all about that.... Watch Monchi get someone in double quick who will be the absolute business, seriously we should get him too...

Shame about Danny, but fair play to him - I would want out now too. Great thing was he didnt play games, we have had issues for years and he hasent been 'tainted' by it.

Hope he gets the chance and does really well, just like Brad Jones did (for a while, dont think he plays much now?)/
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #10: Jul 19, 2018 03:05:05 pm

Hope he gets the chance and does really well, just like Brad Jones did (for a while, dont think he plays much now?)/

Brad is at Feyenoord.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #11: Jul 19, 2018 03:24:23 pm
      Why should Karius be starting somewhere?

Because he had a very good (half) season last year and was progressing very well prior to the CL disaster. Just because that game happened doesn't mean he forgot how to play the position. He just needs to move onto a new team where the circus won't follow him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #12: Jul 19, 2018 03:41:59 pm
      Because he had a very good (half) season last year and was progressing very well prior to the CL disaster. Just because that game happened doesn't mean he forgot how to play the position. He just needs to move onto a new team where the circus won't follow him.

You must not be familiar with circuses.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #13: Jul 19, 2018 03:57:02 pm
      You must not be familiar with circuses.

He needs a fresh start where the fans don't have a personal bias against him and make a big deal if a ball goes past him in warm up. If he were to go back to Mainz, for example, it'd be a much better situation for him that on a team with title and trophy aspirations.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #14: Jul 19, 2018 04:04:26 pm

Chelsea and Roma are chasing Schmiechel, Leicester looking for a replacement already is more likely.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Jul 19, 2018 04:04:45 pm
      He needs a fresh start where the fans don't have a personal bias against him and make a big deal if a ball goes past him in warm up. If he were to go back to Mainz, for example, it'd be a much better situation for him that on a team with title and trophy aspirations.

Do you really think Mainz want him back, did they actually manage to sign a worse GK after he left, WOW!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Jul 19, 2018 04:06:06 pm
      Chelsea and Roma are chasing Schmiechel, Leicester looking for a replacement already is more likely.

I'm amazed no one is chasing Karius, according to his fan club on here he is a superb keeper with the best stats of anyone, well for half a season anyway, and we are wasting our money on Alisson.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #17: Jul 19, 2018 04:07:54 pm
      Do you really think Mainz want him back, did they actually manage to sign a worse GK after he left, WOW!

Reading is difficult for you, isn't it. I gave it as an example, to use a smaller team in the Bundesliga, where the microscope wouldn't be on him the way it is here.
      Kopite78
      Reply #18: Jul 19, 2018 06:37:01 pm
      Bloody hell that is the shortest stint as number 1 since Dudek arrived days after Kirkland

They signed the same day.

Dudek was rumoured first before Kirkland

Kirkland was announced first and rumours had gone round that dudek had fallen through because of something to do with a blood test but was announced late the same day
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: Jul 19, 2018 06:41:06 pm
      They signed the same day.

Dudek was rumoured first before Kirkland

Kirkland was announced first and rumours had gone round that dudek had fallen through because of something to do with a blood test but was announced late the same day

Remember seeing Dudek in his first home game against Villa which we lost 3-1 and honestly didn't think he was all that.
      Kopite78
      Reply #20: Jul 19, 2018 07:06:42 pm

Got keeper of the year in Holland a couple of seasons back
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #21: Jul 19, 2018 07:10:38 pm
      Got keeper of the year in Holland a couple of seasons back

And won the league
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22: Jul 20, 2018 09:01:55 am

I thought Dudek and Kirkland were both signed on the same day.

Quick Reply