Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Dominik Szoboszlai Player Thread (M)

Read 24990 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,037 posts | 2091 
      Re: Dominik Szoboszlai Player Thread (M)
      Reply #322: Apr 19, 2024 03:33:52 pm
      So just kicking this thought around....Dom had mentioned when he got signed how important it was that Klopp was here and that's a main reason he came. His play has fallen off pretty much coinciding with the announcement of Klopp's departure? Maybe he's questioning whether he made the right decision...questioning whether he has a future at the club or even wants one? I know these guys are professionals and as such should be giving their all every game, but they are human and their emotions can affect their play.

It's a fair point - as you note we're all emotional beings and some of us react differently to others. For any midfielder worth his weight in gold, they'd have looked at the job that Jürgen did in getting the likes of Gundogan, Gini, Hendo to reach heights maybe even they thought they weren't capable of. We all need guides and mentors to succeed in whatever. It makes the job of choosing a worthy successor to Jürgen even more difficult.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,209 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #323: Apr 19, 2024 06:03:09 pm
      Can’t believe how many miss passes he played in the last few games
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,262 posts | 1659 
      Reply #324: Apr 19, 2024 06:49:14 pm
      So just kicking this thought around....Dom had mentioned when he got signed how important it was that Klopp was here and that's a main reason he came. His play has fallen off pretty much coinciding with the announcement of Klopp's departure? Maybe he's questioning whether he made the right decision...questioning whether he has a future at the club or even wants one? I know these guys are professionals and as such should be giving their all every game, but they are human and their emotions can affect their play.

Said this a couple.of weeks ago him and Nunez apparently
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,397 posts | 3401 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #325: Apr 19, 2024 06:57:30 pm
      He got injured around the same time and his form has dipped since he returned
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,422 posts | 206 
      Reply #326: Apr 19, 2024 10:03:33 pm

Form is one thing but making cross field passes to the other team is borderline chaos

To me he has shown he can’t play deep in cm

Still his early season form was brilliant, so it’s ok as it’s his first season

The others don’t get a pass as it’s their second season or third and still can’t pass or shoot accurately
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6715 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #327: Apr 20, 2024 01:36:39 am

Mate, it's a valid question but I would think anyone who spends a year playing at this famous Club, falls in love with the place and would do everything they could to bring success to the Club and the supporters.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,747 posts | 858 
      Reply #328: Apr 20, 2024 05:52:48 am
      It's certainly a valid question. I mean I don't remember if it coincides with the announcement, but the lad's form surely took a dive it never recovered from after that nice start. After that, the best best level we saw him perform at is a 6 out of 10 (decent, but just that).

Does anybody watch him on Intl duty? He sure seems to score almost every time for his country, but I don't know if he's playing any better than with us.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,176 posts | 832 
      Reply #329: Apr 20, 2024 12:45:45 pm

It’s not like he tore his ACL

I think we are just making excuses at this stage. He isn’t a 60m player
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 745 posts | 145 
      Reply #330: Apr 20, 2024 01:48:33 pm
      It’s not like he tore his ACL

I think we are just making excuses at this stage. He isn’t a 60m player

The "just back from injury" does get thrown around a lot to justify poor performance after poor performance, some seem to think it's a case of being overplayed and there could be an argument to be had there. For me if Klopp or whoever selects you to start, it's because they believe you're ready to.

I think there is a 60m player in there, he just needs to go back to showing it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,834 posts | 3385 
      Reply #331: Apr 20, 2024 03:22:25 pm
      First season in a very different league with a pace and intensity that he wouldn’t be used too , it’s not a surprise with the level of work that he does and after a few injuries that he will have a drop in form

But as it is these days with social media fans - it’s just easy to claim he isn’t good enough
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,397 posts | 3401 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #332: Apr 20, 2024 05:23:18 pm
      Wasn't all that long ago when people were on here saying what a good player he looked, meanwhile a few were questioning macallister's performances. Appears to have gone full circle
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,834 posts | 3385 
      Reply #333: Apr 20, 2024 05:31:34 pm
      Wasn't all that long ago when people were on here saying what a good player he looked, meanwhile a few were questioning macallister's performances. Appears to have gone full circle

It’s just typical of the fickle nature of some
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 745 posts | 145 
      Reply #334: Apr 20, 2024 05:47:58 pm

Everyone knew what a good player Mac was as we all saw enough of him last season. They were more questioning Klopp's decision to play him as the lone 6.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #335: Apr 20, 2024 05:50:30 pm
      Everyone knew what a good player Mac was as we all saw enough of him last season. They were more questioning Klopp's decision to play him as the lone 6.

Possibly because he is actually able to play midfield so with Thiago and Bajcetic injured, in training he probably showed he was the best option to play there.

That's where Klopp's decision will have come from.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,209 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #336: Apr 20, 2024 07:21:46 pm
      In the last few games can’t believe how many times he has given the ball away
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6715 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #337: Apr 21, 2024 12:12:58 am
      Thought Keita was gonna finally be that midfield maestro that makes us attack up the middle, instead of that out to the sides business, each time and every time. WRONG X

Was hoping we would get Bellingham as the lad who was gonna finally be that midfield maestro that makes us attack up the middle, instead of that out to the sides business, each time and every time. WRONG X   f**ker went to Madrid!!

Hoped Dom was gonna finally be that midfield maestro that makes us attack up the middle instead of that out to the sides business, each time and every time. Looked like we had hit gold dust at the start of the Season,. I have no idea how he has completely lost the plot since. All I see out of him is his pressing ability. WRONG X

Next ????

Quick Reply