Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Fulham [Premier League] Sat 6th Mar @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of March and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W12 D4 L3

Curtis Jones Player Thread

Read 18895 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,165 posts | 673 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #200: Dec 28, 2020 01:52:51 pm
      Every player on the field bears responsibility for the final result!!
      If those short sighted blame merchants want to point a finger why not Alisson who fumbled their equaliser?

Do you think the manager would make such negative observations about any one LFC player?
      Give your arse a chance but most of all give the 19 year old lad a chance with his blossoming LFC apprenticeship.

Alisson fumbled what equaliser?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,075 posts | 3373 
      Reply #201: Dec 28, 2020 02:17:03 pm

Did you not see the game?
      The shot came in hit the corner post came off Alison and bounced in.
      1-1
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,844 posts | 2924 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #202: Dec 28, 2020 02:28:42 pm
      You’re not surprised to be fair? I don’t even know who you are and I’m pretty sure we’ve never spoken or debated in the past, so I doubt you know who I am. I barely post on the forum nowadays and haven’t for a couple of years. So I don’t know what that’s supposed to mean.

You say it was an opportunity to debate but your first line was ‘absolutely bollocks’ so what the f**k do you expect?

You’re missing the whole point. I’m not disagreeing with you in that our senior players were poor. The whole team was. But what Jones did was easily preventable and you don’t over play on the edge of your box. It’s simple, basic football. Proper school boy stuff that. Yes you can have an opinion despite what level of football you’ve played but I’ll tell you that you’re f**king wrong when you say my post was ‘absolute bollocks’ when not a word I’ve said was incorrect in any way. As I said, if my f**king ten year old did what Jones did in one of his games then he would have got a talking to. But even he knows better.

Why do you keep saying we should have defended the corner? Why should we? Defending set pieces isn’t a particular strength of ours and we didn’t have any senior cbs on the pitch. So why should we instantly defend the corner as if it’s a given? We wouldn’t have had a corner to defend in the first place if it wasn’t for Jones. He gave wba an opportunity to bring their big men up and put a ball into the box and we got punished for it.

I don’t know what it is with some fully grown men but you come onto a football forum and you discuss the match and say things how they are and they react like little children. Do you think it makes you more of a fan or something? That you will defend things none stop even if you’re wrong?

Jones made a big error yesterday and wba scored from it. That’s it. It’s not the end of the f**king world. But people will discuss it and say it how it is and you get blurts denying it happened to save their super fan status. Grow up.

I think your being a tad harsh on the lad H, there were mistakes made all over the pitch yesterday from senior pro’s, he’s a young lad is Jones far from the finished article so he’s prone to make errors yet, your spot on mate regarding where and how he erred, but he’ll learn from it I’m sure,
       I want to know why a foul wasn’t awarded for that assault on Fabinho, or why VAR didn’t intervene, I didn’t see it at first but on the replay the player is clearly climbing all over Fabinho, outside the box it would have been a clear yellow, on the whole though we just weren’t at the races for whatever  reason, and of course fell foul of Allardyce and his pathetic tactics, we were short of pace/tempo especially second half where space was a premium in the final third,

but where were the runs into spaces, we didn’t exploit their defences enough, I feel throwing Shaq/ Minamino or both on to do just that could have been the answer, all we did was cross wasteful balls into their box, which they dealt with easily, I was disappointed with Klopp not trying something different after the hour, chucking on the equally inept Origi made no difference and was far too late anyway.

Y  N  W  A

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,075 posts | 3373 
      Reply #203: Dec 28, 2020 02:32:05 pm

Martin Atkinson was monitoring VAR,

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,844 posts | 2924 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #204: Dec 28, 2020 02:39:02 pm

Martin Atkinson was monitoring VAR,

Explains a lot that mate, despicable referee, shouldn’t be anywhere near the EPL, the standard of refereeing in this country is a joke, why can’t they clone a few Collina’s ?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,988 posts | 3381 
      Reply #205: Dec 28, 2020 02:44:37 pm
      Biggest mistake was not defending a run of the mill set piece.

There again we became so nervous at not finding that second goal, maybe we should lay into Salah 😁.
      WBA sensed the nerves and rightly so punished us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,114 posts | 2470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #206: Dec 28, 2020 02:55:03 pm
      Wrong to single out any individuals after yesterday,  collectively we weren't great, especially 2nd half , got sloppier as the game went on and got what we deserved.  Thought jurgen should have changed it earlier.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,313 posts | 2665 
      Reply #207: Dec 28, 2020 03:04:45 pm
      He made a mistake but he's a bright prospect for the future, will only get better and better, but he needs to sharpen up his play, he has a tendency to be a little bit too casual sometimes.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,075 posts | 3373 
      Reply #208: Dec 28, 2020 03:29:58 pm

Explains a lot that mate, despicable referee, shouldn’t be anywhere near the EPL, the standard of refereeing in this country is a joke, why can’t they clone a few Collina’s ?

Complements of the FA Billy.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,853 posts | 3791 
      Reply #209: Dec 28, 2020 04:06:25 pm
      Had we taken our chances we wouldn’t be discussing Curtis mistake... I blame  our forwards for not killing the game off..
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,959 posts | 365 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #210: Dec 28, 2020 04:46:08 pm
      Had we taken our chances we wouldn’t be discussing Curtis mistake... I blame  our forwards for not killing the game off..

Don't think the forwards got any of the ball, fault layed with the midfield or lack of it
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,165 posts | 673 
      Reply #211: Dec 28, 2020 04:56:43 pm
      Did you not see the game?
      The shot came in hit the corner post came off Alison and bounced in.
      1-1

Hardly a fumble was it did it go in his hands and out again no it didn't stop clutching at straws
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,165 posts | 673 
      Reply #212: Dec 28, 2020 04:58:03 pm

I think your being a tad harsh on the lad H, there were mistakes made all over the pitch yesterday from senior pro’s, he’s a young lad is Jones far from the finished article so he’s prone to make errors yet, your spot on mate regarding where and how he erred, but he’ll learn from it I’m sure,
       I want to know why a foul wasn’t awarded for that assault on Fabinho, or why VAR didn’t intervene, I didn’t see it at first but on the replay the player is clearly climbing all over Fabinho, outside the box it would have been a clear yellow, on the whole though we just weren’t at the races for whatever  reason, and of course fell foul of Allardyce and his pathetic tactics, we were short of pace/tempo especially second half where space was a premium in the final third,

but where were the runs into spaces, we didn’t exploit their defences enough, I feel throwing Shaq/ Minamino or both on to do just that could have been the answer, all we did was cross wasteful balls into their box, which they dealt with easily, I was disappointed with Klopp not trying something different after the hour, chucking on the equally inept Origi made no difference and was far too late anyway.

Y  N  W  A

Assault ? He wanted it more than Fabinho a great header if that was given against us you would be screaming blue murder
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,075 posts | 3373 
      Reply #213: Dec 28, 2020 06:15:48 pm
      Hardly a fumble was it did it go in his hands and out again no it didn't stop clutching at straws
      As stated the ball went in off Alisson, I saw it, the commentator saw the crowd saw it.
      Think the Xmas vodka is playing tricks on you.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,165 posts | 673 
      Reply #214: Dec 28, 2020 06:35:52 pm
      As stated the ball went in off Alisson, I saw it, the commentator saw the crowd saw it.
      Think the Xmas vodka is playing tricks on you.

You said fumbled it do you know what the definition of fumble is ? Going off someone at that pace and proximity is not a fumble just admit your wrong
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,075 posts | 3373 
      Reply #215: Dec 28, 2020 08:20:30 pm
      You said fumbled it do you know what the definition of fumble is ? Going off someone at that pace and proximity is not a fumble just admit your wrong
      Wrong about what?

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,165 posts | 673 
      Reply #216: Dec 28, 2020 08:27:01 pm

Forget it . You said Alison fumbled the ball which he clearly didn't
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,075 posts | 3373 
      Reply #217: Dec 28, 2020 08:33:40 pm
      Forget it . You said Alison fumbled the ball which he clearly didn't

He fumbled the contact with the ball, the look on his face said it all, he failed to collect the rebound off the post and was unable to retrieve the ball.
      The very definition of a fumble.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,165 posts | 673 
      Reply #218: Dec 28, 2020 08:58:00 pm
      He fumbled the contact with the ball, the look on his face said it all, he failed to collect the rebound off the post and was unable to retrieve the ball.
      The very definition of a fumble.

No it really isn't no surprise you argue so much my only surprise is you never blamed the owners surely they must have had a hand in their goal
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,075 posts | 3373 
      Reply #219: Dec 28, 2020 09:01:39 pm
      No it really isn't no surprise you argue so much my only surprise is you never blamed the owners surely they must have had a hand in their goal

Whatever.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,470 posts | 4574 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #220: Dec 28, 2020 10:47:01 pm

Agreed Mo, should have dived and headed that ball in from that ripper cross from Andy, I reckon if that was Sadio, that ball is planted in the bottom right corner. That was a massive chance that should have been taken as was Mo's header over the bar from point blank range.

They have off days and make mistakes but f**k I love them more then any other Team on the Planet, so let's go Wednesday and bring home the 3 points!

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,747 posts | 340 
      Reply #221: Dec 28, 2020 11:13:40 pm
      Personally I hope Curtis Jones starts against Newcastle, he has come on so well, I would not like to see his confidence dented. by not starting him on Wednesday. That is my honest view.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2020 11:33:04 pm by David Wright »
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,853 posts | 3791 
      Reply #222: Dec 28, 2020 11:30:46 pm
      Personally I hope Curtis Jones starts against Newcastle, he has come on so well, I would not like to see his confidence dented. That is my honest view.

Klopp will Play him & the lad will make amends no doubt..
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 197 
      Reply #223: Dec 29, 2020 04:51:27 am
      Personally I hope Curtis Jones starts against Newcastle, he has come on so well, I would not like to see his confidence dented. by not starting him on Wednesday. That is my honest view.

Agreed. As long as he learnt from the mistake (and I'm sure Klopp told him to correct it) he still have a lot potential to develop.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 197 
      Reply #224: Dec 29, 2020 05:03:16 am
      Don't think the forwards got any of the ball, fault layed with the midfield or lack of it

Disagree mate. Of course our midfields not provides many on the plate chances but Hendo, Robbo, Trent and Ox deliverd some very good ball but all of Bobby, Sadio and Mo missed those chances once each at least. Allardyce's tactic of course give no time for our forwards but their ten men front of goal also limit our midfield play too. Bit more clinical and we got the three points imo.     

Quick Reply