Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 79477 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #299: Sep 28, 2021 10:17:40 pm
      Him and Elliott midfield for 10 plus years very exciting talent will only get better
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #300: Sep 28, 2021 10:30:37 pm
      "He looks like a future England player"

Can't stand that shout. Dickhead commentators and pundits acting as though the world revolves around the F***ing national team. Like Curtis is gonna be sitting there after bossing it in the Champions League tonight dreaming of a callup to play Andorra and Hungary in a few weeks in front of all the England mongs with their trumpets & knight outfits.

Even if he was, he doesn't look like a future England player as he's a centre midfielder who can actually carry the ball and play a forward pass. We all know Southgate views those traits as sacrilege
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,242 posts | 2818 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #301: Sep 28, 2021 10:44:00 pm
      How good will this lad be
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #302: Sep 29, 2021 04:45:31 am
      How set are we at MF the next decade? Cu Jo and Harv going to save us a lot of money
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #303: Sep 29, 2021 10:13:31 am
      How set are we at MF the next decade? Cu Jo and Harv going to save us a lot of money

Music to FSG.. 😂

Here comes  Mr Pyjamas .....😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #304: Sep 29, 2021 10:25:13 am
      Music to FSG.. 😂

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #305: Sep 29, 2021 10:53:57 am
      Music to FSG.. 😂

🤷‍♂️

So it seems that the club didn’t need to replace Gini after all because the players were already in the squad - it’s almost as if Klopp and Edwards knew what they were doing right from the start - imagine that

Must hurt the foreign fans when a Scouser does well
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #306: Sep 29, 2021 10:56:21 am
      Music to FSG.. 😂

To be honest I'd sooner see a young local player like Curtis come through than spend countless millions to buy the same.

I'd have thought most Liverpool fans would be like minded.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #307: Sep 29, 2021 11:03:55 am
      To be honest I'd sooner see a young local player like Curtis come through than spend countless millions to buy the same.

I'd have thought most Liverpool fans would be like minded.

It’s great to see the academy players coming through and cementing their places in the team, no ones is denying that, My comment was a bit of humour.. I’ve never called for countless millions be spent for the sake of being spent... however all those millions saved would be nicely appreciated if they were re allocated towards ..say..lowering ticket prices for locals..?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #308: Sep 29, 2021 11:04:51 am
      🤷‍♂️

So it seems that the club didn’t need to replace Gini after all because the players were already in the squad - it’s almost as if Klopp and Edwards knew what they were doing right from the start - imagine that

Like clockwork... So predictable...😂

Who are ‘foreign’ fans..? What does that even mean..?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #309: Sep 29, 2021 11:12:00 am
      It’s great to see the academy players coming through and cementing their places in the team, no ones is denying that, My comment was a bit of humour.. I’ve never called for countless millions be spent for the sake of being spent... however all those millions saved would be nicely appreciated if they were re allocated towards ..say..lowering ticket prices for locals..?

I think your comment was designed to get a reaction from a user which you succeeded in. Best be honest mate.

Agree on lowering ticket prices and every effort should be made by the club to make the game as affordable as possible. Think  we've seen a bit of an initiative for cheaper tickets in the Main Stand right but needs to go further.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #310: Sep 29, 2021 11:20:49 am

The fans that have zero connection to the club beyond “picking the club” - mainly blurting out all over social media about the club should buy “Carlos kickaball” because he has great stats on Football Manager- at the same time dismissing the ability of the young players in the squad

If they had their way players like Elliott and Jones wouldn’t be on the pitch.

What is predictable is people like you with the snipes against the owners even when the team is doing well. 🙄
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #311: Sep 29, 2021 11:22:12 am
      Only seen the highlights but boss game from Curtis, excellent.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #312: Sep 29, 2021 11:24:04 am

Yeah that is a terrible comment, foreign fans?! Very strange.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #313: Sep 29, 2021 11:33:17 am
      Yeah that is a terrible comment, foreign fans?! Very strange.

I thought out of towner’s  were called ‘Wools’...

Must be his upbringing...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #314: Sep 29, 2021 11:34:24 am
      I thought out of towner’s  were called ‘Wools’...

Must be his upbringing...

My upbringing 🤷‍♂️
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #315: Sep 29, 2021 02:22:10 pm
      Focus on Cu Jo, boys. He's going to make us proud 👏

Has to keep his place Sunday.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #316: Sep 29, 2021 03:00:40 pm
      The fans that have zero connection to the club beyond “picking the club” - mainly blurting out all over social media about the club should buy “Carlos kickaball” because he has great stats on Football Manager- at the same time dismissing the ability of the young players in the squad

If they had their way players like Elliott and Jones wouldn’t be on the pitch.

What is predictable is people like you with the snipes against the owners even when the team is doing well. 🙄

‘Carlos Kickaball’ strange, was a previous registered username... (Carlos Qiqabal)...🤔

Anyway..I wouldn’t refer to fans that have no connection to the club other than picking it as ‘Foreigners’..

PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #317: Sep 29, 2021 03:51:53 pm

Sorry, I usually agree with you when it comes to transfers and trusting the academy, but I do take offence here.

Just because we weren't lucky enough to be born in Liverpool doesn't make us lesser fans. Most of us didn't 'pick' the club as you say, we just fell in love with it. And we're not all glory hunters either. Personally, I started following the club in 1998 (I was 13 at the time btw). We were hardly setting the world alight back then.

Also, it certainly doesn't mean we don't want Scousers in the team. I would love nothing more than to see a team with 11 Alexander-Arnold or Jones.
      And I would equally love for the locals to get easier (cheaper) access to the stadium. Football should always remain a sport of the people, so I've never liked to see locals priced out of their seats.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #318: Sep 29, 2021 04:28:07 pm
      I think we are all underestimating how good this lad could actually be. I absolutely adore his arrogance, reminds me of a certain number 8 in the past. He skyed a shot against Brentford when we needed a goal so bad but didn't stop him from trying again two minutes after to score a worldie. Superb player. Only sky is the limit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #319: Sep 29, 2021 04:43:40 pm
      Sorry, I usually agree with you when it comes to transfers and trusting the academy, but I do take offence here.

Just because we weren't lucky enough to be born in Liverpool doesn't make us lesser fans. Most of us didn't 'pick' the club as you say, we just fell in love with it. And we're not all glory hunters either. Personally, I started following the club in 1998 (I was 13 at the time btw). We were hardly setting the world alight back then.

Also, it certainly doesn't mean we don't want Scousers in the team. I would love nothing more than to see a team with 11 Alexander-Arnold or Jones.
      And I would equally love for the locals to get easier (cheaper) access to the stadium. Football should always remain a sport of the people, so I've never liked to see locals priced out of their seats.

Comment is more aimed at the social media wet wipes who are unable to look past players they know from computer games
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #320: Sep 29, 2021 04:44:42 pm
      ‘Carlos Kickaball’ strange, was a previous registered username... (Carlos Qiqabal)...🤔

Anyway..I wouldn’t refer to fans that have no connection to the club other than picking it as ‘Foreigners’..

Have you never heard the expression 🤷‍♂️
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #321: Sep 29, 2021 04:59:06 pm
      Focus on Cu Jo, boys. He's going to make us proud 👏

Has to keep his place Sunday.

He certainly will! But let's give the CuJo nickname a miss 😂

Quick Reply