Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 78142 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #414: Feb 28, 2022 12:58:04 pm
      That's the issue with social media. Everything can be interpreted in a number of ways.

Here, I genuinely don't think there was anything hidden in the message. He is in the middle of the picture after all. But we're not in Curtis' mind so who knows...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #415: Feb 28, 2022 01:40:41 pm
      Maybe I'm wrong, just seems to focus on him not being in the squad.

Its the opposite I think, Its a pat on the back for the whole squad who helped win this cup including himself.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #416: Feb 28, 2022 03:39:43 pm
      Maybe I'm wrong, just seems to focus on him not being in the squad.

Don't think that's the case. Haven't we used something like 40 different players throughout the competition? Think it's just a general well done because so many players played a part.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #417: Feb 28, 2022 04:12:04 pm
      Nothing to see here
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #418: Mar 09, 2022 07:47:34 pm
      Thought he played well last night.

This might be a controversial opinion but Harvey Elliott has probably more potential but right now Curtis is a more rounded midfield player in a Klopp midfield.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 850 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Reply #419: Jul 28, 2022 01:54:28 pm
      Curious to know what people think about Curtis. I know this is only the preseason and that its a bit early to have an opinion, but I'm just curious to know what are people's general thoughts about Curtis before the start of his third season (I believe) with the team.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #420: Jul 28, 2022 04:22:42 pm
      Curious to know what people think about Curtis. I know this is only the preseason and that its a bit early to have an opinion, but I'm just curious to know what are people's general thoughts about Curtis before the start of his third season (I believe) with the team.

Never big on him, think at best he can be a average premiership level player. For some reason he reminds of Jonjo Shelvey playing style wise.

Last year he didn't play bad enough to pursue selling him but I don't think he played good enough to lock down a regular spot. With the injuries we had he had good opportunity to lock down a spot.

Think this season with Cavalho coming in and if Elliott is fit for the season playing time could be limited. Hope he proves me wrong and has a breakout season!
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #421: Jul 28, 2022 05:04:09 pm
      Some players may take a bit longer to develop than others. How long did it take people to accept Hendo as a Liverpool player? How old is Curtis, 21? I don't think he should be put under any pressure this season, he just needs to get more time on the pitch. Maybe that will mostly be in cup games and as a sub. We are an incredibly talented team now and it's very difficult to get in the starting 11.
      I hope he can become a regular starter. Jones, Fab, Elliot, Carvalho (if he plays in midfield not as a forward) and maybe Bellingham could be our midfield for 5-10 years.
      Maybe he will always be a squad player, which is still a massive achievement for any player. He's a  Liverpool lad and I think that is also important. If he's happy to be in the squad but not start the biggest games I'd still be happy to keep him for the next 10 years.
      If he has a few more quality moments like the Everton goal he can be a cult player like Origi. Obviously prefer that he continues to develop and is more than that.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #422: Jul 29, 2022 03:39:47 am
      Some players may take a bit longer to develop than others. How long did it take people to accept Hendo as a Liverpool player? How old is Curtis, 21? I don't think he should be put under any pressure this season

It is harsh but for young players breaking into a top side the window for them to make an impact is small. There are always younger players who coming up the ranks as well as players being signed in the same position. In the blink of a eye you go from 19 year old with all this potential to 22 year old who stagnated in their development.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #423: Jul 29, 2022 05:05:54 am
      It's a bit funny the differences in mentality around young players in Europe. In the PL, if you're not an established first team player by the time you reach 21, you're almost seen as washed. In Italy, at 21, you're lucky if you already managed to get a few minutes with your first team.

Players reaching the top before 21 are the exception, not the rule. Never forget that.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #424: Aug 22, 2022 10:28:18 pm
      Where was this lad again .... flicking his hair back and winking and smiling at himself in the mirror telling himself how good he is.

Contributes next to nothing. Never fit. Never will be good enough.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #425: Aug 22, 2022 10:29:15 pm
      Where was this lad again .... flicking his hair back and winking and smiling at himself in the mirror telling himself how good he is.

Way down on our list of problems tonight.

Weird one to call out after this game
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #426: Aug 22, 2022 10:29:40 pm

Blimey the lad didn’t even play tonight yet he is getting pelters
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #427: Aug 24, 2022 09:57:13 am
      Kind of feel for the lad.
      Injuries are laying a path for a young player to nail down a place as a Liverpool player and
      he's never fit long enough to take advantage of it.
      He could find that by the time he is Elliott and Carvalho are ahead of him in the squad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #428: Aug 24, 2022 01:18:41 pm
      Injuries are laying a path for a young player to nail down a place as a Liverpool player and
      He could find that by the time he is Elliott and Carvalho are ahead of him in the squad.

Maybe I'm remembering too fondly but he always seemed like one that would go for it during the game, it would have been nice if he'd have had a few games here to prove himself but as always, injuries seem to be cursing us.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #429: Aug 24, 2022 03:26:56 pm
      Nver have a feel that Curtis would be a top player for Liverpool even when he is injury free. Of course it's good having local young player at his level in our squad but I'm truely believed Elliott and Carvalho are already ahead of him quality wise.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #430: Aug 24, 2022 03:33:55 pm

yea. its a shame.

Hopefully he stays fit after this current injury.

Injuries always seem to be badly times whith him, like now, he could be getting a run of games, but hes injured at same time as others. :(
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,801 posts | 1399 
      Reply #431: Aug 24, 2022 03:44:16 pm
      Maybe I'm remembering too fondly but he always seemed like one that would go for it during the game, it would have been nice if he'd have had a few games here to prove himself but as always, injuries seem to be cursing us.

Jones is basically our only midfielder not name Chamberlain with the instinct to let one rip from outside the box and give us that different threat. His injury luck is just terrible. Isn't he the one who missed considerable time last year with an eye injury?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #432: Aug 24, 2022 05:39:55 pm
      Jones is highly thought of within the club and he will get the chance to impress

He has been on the edge and it’s clear the ability is there just at times it’s also raw , the one issue he has is holding onto the ball just that little bit too long

This season will be a key one - he isn’t that kid looking to burst through now
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #433: Aug 24, 2022 06:39:35 pm
      Jones is basically our only midfielder not name Chamberlain with the instinct to let one rip from outside the box and give us that different threat. His injury luck is just terrible. Isn't he the one who missed considerable time last year with an eye injury?

yea a really weird random one that was.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 737 
      Reply #434: Aug 24, 2022 06:42:54 pm
      He needs to develop "A Swagger" an identity on the pitch
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #435: Aug 24, 2022 07:50:36 pm
      He needs to develop "A Swagger" an identity on the pitch

He has it but also it's been coached out of him a little to make him a more disciplined footballer to play in our midfield.

He's a cracking player and one I think should get a real run of games once fit
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2022 08:08:05 pm by srslfc »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #436: Aug 24, 2022 08:06:27 pm
      He has it but also it's been coached our of him a little to make him a more disciplined footballer to play in our midfield.

He's a cracking player and one I think should get a real run of games once fit

I think your spot on mate Stevie wasn't coached it would have ruined him I always feel he looks frustrated and angry with himself .Let him lose and see if he can be the player we all want him to be.

Quick Reply