Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 83489 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Reply #713: Oct 04, 2023 04:09:51 pm
      It was a clear red once the replays have been seen
      Never played football in your life
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #714: Oct 04, 2023 04:14:05 pm
      Never played football in your life

Yep plenty 👍
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #715: Oct 04, 2023 06:13:51 pm
      Poor Curtis was fuming over a yellow only to be given red by the two corrupt tag team.  And his reaction of shock after poor guy has battling with injuries for so long and gets dealt these cards. Jokers.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 849 posts | 303 
      Reply #716: Oct 04, 2023 07:27:17 pm
      I think it's somewhere between a yellow and a red card, a decision open to interpretation. The red didn't surprise me, I thought it was harsh but it's not a surprise that it was upgraded to red.

Jota's first yellow was very soft. The foul called against Mo late in 2nd half when he battling for the ball with a defender was also a bad decision.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #717: Oct 04, 2023 08:33:53 pm
      there is a freeze frame photo of Curtis and the Spurs player both in contact with the ball both with foot of the ground but Curtis might be a couple of inches off the ground more. ITS A f***in YELLOW why did they not show the freeze frame of the contact with the ball or show Curtis being held back (which was a foul) rather than just the moment of contact it is just vindictive and a prejudiced process.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #718: Oct 04, 2023 08:42:57 pm
      It was a clear red once the replays have been seen

See this is the point I don't get you say clear yet a professional and others who have played the game say it isn't so how can it be clear . The offside was clear and that's it
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #719: Oct 04, 2023 08:48:04 pm
      See this is the point I don't get you say clear yet a professional and others who have played the game say it isn't so how can it be clear . The offside was clear and that's it

because in his mind he is always right.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,499 posts | 2869 
      Reply #720: Oct 04, 2023 08:48:12 pm

Our own manager doesn't know what a 'clear red' is.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #721: Oct 04, 2023 08:52:20 pm

Playing the game doesn’t always mean they will be correct about refereeing

After watching it again two professional referees and a further independent panel of experts decided the red card was the correct result
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #722: Oct 04, 2023 09:12:36 pm
      Playing the game doesn’t always mean they will be correct about refereeing

After watching it again two professional referees and a further independent panel of experts decided the red card was the correct result

Who are the two professional referees you refer to ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #723: Oct 04, 2023 09:14:13 pm
      Who are the two professional referees you refer to ?

Hooper and England 🤷‍♂️
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #724: Oct 04, 2023 09:17:47 pm

I rest my case . So you are saying it must be clear because a referee who has just committed one of the biggest F**k ups.known to mankind and another referee who had a stinker and has had previous then it must be right . You then say the appeal committee who i have alluded to were  never ever ever going to overturn it as they all piss in the same pot .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #725: Oct 04, 2023 09:19:31 pm
      I rest my case . So you are saying it must be clear because a referee who has just committed one of the biggest F**k ups.known to mankind and another referee who had a stinker and has had previous then it must be right . You then say the appeal committee who i have alluded to were  never ever ever going to overturn it as they all piss in the same pot .

If it wasn’t a red then why didn’t the appeal committee overturn it like they did with MacAllister’s red card ? Or was the Appeal committee ok then ?
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #726: Oct 04, 2023 09:26:26 pm
      If it wasn’t a red then why didn’t the appeal committee overturn it like they did with MacAllister’s red card ? Or was the Appeal committee ok then ?

You have the last word I ain't going round and round like the owners thread I am happy with my take on it
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,680 posts | 1636 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #727: Oct 04, 2023 09:34:12 pm
      I think it's somewhere between a yellow and a red card, a decision open to interpretation. The red didn't surprise me, I thought it was harsh but it's not a surprise that it was upgraded to red.

Jota's first yellow was very soft. The foul called against Mo late in 2nd half when he battling for the ball with a defender was also a bad decision.

Interesting point you make Gaz, maybe and I'm not sure if this would work, but introduce a Orange card where it's more than a yellow but not quite  a red, where a player has to go off the field for say 15 mins but then allowed back on, if he then gets another card, then he's off ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #728: Oct 04, 2023 09:38:37 pm
      Interesting point you make Gaz, maybe and I'm not sure if this would work, but introduce a Orange card where it's more than a yellow but not quite  a red, where a player has to go off the field for say 15 mins but then allowed back on, if he then gets another card, then he's off ?

Rugby are doing something along these lines

If there is a potential red card offence but needs checking a yellow is given and the TMO then had ten mins to decide if it’s only a yellow and can come back on or it’s a red and he is off for the rest of the match

Not sure how it work in football though
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #729: Oct 04, 2023 09:44:55 pm
      Rugby are doing something along these lines

If there is a potential red card offence but needs checking a yellow is given and the TMO then had ten mins to decide if it’s only a yellow and can come back on or it’s a red and he is off for the rest of the match

Not sure how it work in football though

With common sense it should work exactly the same , should cut out some knee jerk sending offs
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #730: Oct 04, 2023 09:46:46 pm
      With common sense it should work exactly the same , should cut out some knee jerk sending offs

I’m not sure why Sin bins haven’t been trialled when its successful in other sports
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,707 posts | 7164 
      Reply #731: Oct 05, 2023 01:24:26 pm
      You have the last word I ain't going round and round like the owners thread I am happy with my take on it

try arguing with a 6 year old its pointless the ignore button is the best way to stop using valuable energy .
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #732: Oct 06, 2023 04:09:54 pm
      because in his mind he is always right.
      Facts, blokes a whopper of the highest order
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #733: Oct 06, 2023 06:22:23 pm
      Facts, blokes a whopper of the highest order

😂😂 heartbroken
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #734: Nov 12, 2023 09:29:49 pm
      Injured again, starting to get the Naby vibes with him.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #735: Dec 15, 2023 08:58:33 am
      Frustrated the life out of me last night. He was awful.

5 year contract this lad got on the back of next to nothing.

Still producing next to nothing when hes not injured. Looked Out of his depth last night. Nowhere near good enough.

If he wasn't local he'd be nowhere near this club. I look at most of the teams in the Premier league and I don't think he'd get near their first elevens either.

Seems to be here for the English/homegrown quota only. Is it 6 we have to have?

Nothing against Jones. I've watched this game for over 40 years and I see nothing whatsoever in him to convince me he's going to be a player at the top top level ... the premier league.

Just my opinion. I accept and respect others won't agree with my opinion. I'd love to eat these words and be proved wrong. But I don't see it happening.

He's 23 ... so I guess people will say he's still young/developing etc. And that is a valid point. But I just don't see a player there.  I don't see enough quality. And i don't see any progression.

Quick Reply