Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Luton [Premier League] Wed 21st Feb @ 7:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of February and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W10 D6 L6

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 73943 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,039 posts | 1026 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Reply #782: Jan 29, 2024 02:04:37 am
      He's ignored the BS from "supporters" saying he sucks.

Instead of shelling up when we brought in 4 new midfielders this summer, he relished the opportunity to compete for a spot.

He's pushed through his fitness issues

He's worked on transforming himself from a kid who held onto the ball far too long, into a pressing machine man.

He's already scored more goals this season than any other of his career, amd were still in January.

And He's stayed the same down to earth team mate and person.

I'm convinced, Curtis Jones has truly arrived. One of the first names on the sheet for me. Need him if we're gonna win anything this season.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,179 posts | 163 
      Reply #783: Jan 29, 2024 04:04:28 am
      He's ignored the BS from "supporters" saying he sucks.

Instead of shelling up when we brought in 4 new midfielders this summer, he relished the opportunity to compete for a spot.

He's pushed through his fitness issues

He's worked on transforming himself from a kid who held onto the ball far too long, into a pressing machine man.

He's already scored more goals this season than any other of his career, amd were still in January.

And He's stayed the same down to earth team mate and person.

I'm convinced, Curtis Jones has truly arrived. One of the first names on the sheet for me. Need him if we're gonna win anything this season.

He has been very good for some months now. He has been even more regular than Szobo. He's actually the most in form midfielder we have and he has scored 5 goals already, which is awesome. I always said our midfielders did not contribute enough since last season, thankfully this new generation is changing things drastically. Long may it continue. Jones can score 10 goals this season, and hopefully he will and cement his place in the team.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,039 posts | 1026 
      Reply #784: Jan 29, 2024 04:49:11 am
      His 5 goals have come in the last 8 games. Kids on fire. Need him to work with some of the boys on headers. That finish was perfection
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,179 posts | 163 
      Reply #785: Jan 29, 2024 05:15:18 am
      His 5 goals have come in the last 8 games. Kids on fire. Need him to work with some of the boys on headers. That finish was perfection

The delivery was on point too.

I guess his priority is shooting. He's already decent there but if he can score more, he will definitely cause a headache to the manager. I don't think our midfielders scored an average of 5 goals in a season in recent seasons. Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum and even Milner did not score enough. The max all of them scored was 6 in a PL season, I checked quickly. I always believed that our midfielders should contribute more, meaning that there's more threat on the field for the opposition.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,929 posts | 1586 
      Reply #786: Feb 19, 2024 08:03:57 pm
      Hopefully news on Jones positive

Quick Reply