Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 76109 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Jul 24, 2018 07:57:13 am
      This lad looks like a bit of a talent. I read an article in the Echo about him and it prompted me to look more closely at his impact in our pre season games. For a 17 year old he's a big lad who is quick on the turn, has excellent technique and looks to have enough strength to warrant a few first team run outs this season or at least to be in and around the match day squad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wUjqjuUEsQ#fauxfullscreen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTmgShn83Qo#fauxfullscreen

« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022 01:54:37 pm by RedPuppy »
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 24, 2018 10:10:35 am
      This lad looks like a bit of a talent. I read an article in the Echo about him and it prompted me to look more closely at his impact in our pre season games. For a 17 year old he's a big lad who is quick on the turn, has excellent technique and looks to have enough strength to warrant a few first team run outs this season or at least to be in and around the match day squad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wUjqjuUEsQ#fauxfullscreen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTmgShn83Qo#fauxfullscreen

I'm surprised someone hadn't already started his player thread. I guess because he only turned 17 (and signed professionally) at the end of the Winter transfer period, that there hasn't been the loan moves/speculation our other youngsters get, and therefore much need to talk about him on a forum.

But he's definitely one of our most promising youngsters, and I reckon he'll likely end up doing better than most (if not all) of the current U23s. And having Keita at the club now will be great for his development. He needs to be around first team players who can turn and drive forward from midfield, and show him how to do so at a higher level, not just those who work hard and recirculate possession.
      Scottbot
      • Started Topic

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2: Jul 24, 2018 11:49:13 am
      I'm surprised someone hadn't already started his player thread. I guess because he only turned 17 (and signed professionally) at the end of the Winter transfer period, that there hasn't been the loan moves/speculation our other youngsters get, and therefore much need to talk about him on a forum.

But he's definitely one of our most promising youngsters, and I reckon he'll likely end up doing better than most (if not all) of the current U23s. And having Keita at the club now will be great for his development. He needs to be around first team players who can turn and drive forward from midfield, and show him how to do so at a higher level, not just those who work hard and recirculate possession.

Couldn't agree more on that last point, for some time our midfield has largely consisted of those types of players, hard working industrial players who regularly turn in 7/10 performances but very rarely produce a 9 or a 10. In Keita we've finally got someone who can (and will) hit those heights. Can only be good for a player like Curtis to be around that.
      Scottbot
      • Started Topic

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #3: Jul 26, 2018 08:19:15 am
      Vs Man City. Again shows promise. Good to see hi. Willing to take shots on and try to go past people. Should have won a pen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5GwdLCYIJmk#fauxfullscreen

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Jul 26, 2018 09:24:26 am
      I was impressed with the lad against Man City,just got to hope he continues to develop and gets his chance in the squad.We have had some good players named Jones at Liverpool going back as far as the versatile Bill Jones.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Jul 26, 2018 11:52:36 am
      Needs to work on his finishing but the same can be said of the whole team after today's match, even mighty Mo. :-)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #6: Jul 27, 2018 01:54:03 am
      Like him so far.
      Another wide player to add to the potential talent of Kent (I still rate him...lovely player), ojo and Camacho.
      Just hope one of these fellas doesn’t flatter to deceive like so many other former liverpiolnyouth player attacking midfielders and forwards.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Jul 27, 2018 09:57:24 am
      he looks really promising doesn't he but what happens in the next 12 months will critical to his development these young lads need to play hopefully he will get some game time and take his chance when it comes.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #8: Jul 27, 2018 10:14:23 am
      Great player will be in our midfielder years come,
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Aug 01, 2018 12:24:13 pm
      he is only 17 ffs didn't realise he was so young . OK how do you go from being a really outstanding 17 year old to a regular team fixture.Young Woodburn is going out on loan for the season which is good in one way I guess as long s they don't pick up bad habits.
      Having young Trent break through is proof if your good enough Jürgen will give you the chance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Aug 01, 2018 01:01:06 pm
      he is only 17 ffs didn't realise he was so young . OK how do you go from being a really outstanding 17 year old to a regular team fixture.Young Woodburn is going out on loan for the season which is good in one way I guess as long s they don't pick up bad habits.
      Having young Trent break through is proof if your good enough Jürgen will give you the chance.

If you are good enough you get your chances eg Sterling, TAA, Gomez, Gerrard, Owen Fowler, Carra etc etc
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Aug 01, 2018 09:32:46 pm
      If you are good enough you get your chances eg Sterling, TAA, Gomez, Gerrard, Owen Fowler, Carra etc etc
      why quote only to write the same thing????
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Aug 01, 2018 10:24:18 pm

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :-)
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #13: Aug 03, 2018 05:44:34 pm

Why say the same thing when you can quote and day the same thing?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Aug 04, 2018 08:30:55 pm
      another good performance when he came on if he could get the league Cup and FA Cup games it would be great for his progress.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15: Aug 04, 2018 08:48:15 pm
      It's his awareness and composure that impresses me the most about him. Really looking forward to see how he progresses in the u23's this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Aug 04, 2018 10:57:29 pm
      he isn't 18 until January he should be on his school holidays now. Quite possibly the best Scouser to come through the Ranks since Stevie. According to Jürgen he isn't  shy lad so good for him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Aug 05, 2018 09:52:50 am
      he isn't 18 until January he should be on his school holidays now. Quite possibly the best Scouser to come through the Ranks since Stevie. According to Jürgen he isn't  shy lad so good for him.

Looks good, I loved his pass to Sturridge, think this lad might be the real deal in a few years time
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #18: Aug 05, 2018 10:30:49 am
      Looks the business. Hope he gets some game time this year.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #19: Aug 08, 2018 11:44:09 am
      One of the most used players in pre-season, and certainly the most used 'non first teamer'.

Not looked significantly out of place and expecting to see a lot of him on what should be decent domestic cup runs.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #20: Jan 07, 2019 10:14:48 pm
      Did not show up today. Very poor performance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21: Jan 07, 2019 10:27:46 pm
      Did not show up today. Very poor performance.

Far from it, he looked comfortable on the ball and shone in one particular moment in the first half; beating 2 players with ease and putting in a cross. Second half he wasn’t as good but the whole game he was getting into a decent position but Keita was taking too long on the pass or not passing it all.
      Far from a poor performance from him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #22: Jan 07, 2019 10:28:39 pm
      Far from it, he looked comfortable on the ball and shone in one particular moment in the first half; beating 2 players with ease and putting in a cross. Second half he wasn’t as good but the whole game he was getting into a decent position but Keita was taking too long on the pass or not passing it all.
      Far from a poor performance from him.

I thought he was decent apart from his decision making - which I expect at his age.

Quick Reply