Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 76046 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jan 27, 2020 04:33:15 pm
      He played brilliantly in a very poor side in sense of quality. He's a good back-up player.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Jan 27, 2020 04:48:28 pm
      He played brilliantly in a very poor side in sense of quality. He's a good back-up player.

Won't happen, but I would love to see Jürgen name him in the front three for the West Ham game.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #48: Jan 27, 2020 05:09:39 pm
      Won't happen, but I would love to see Jürgen name him in the front three for the West Ham game.

Would be bold since I think that Origi will but he has quality and an eye for goal.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #49: Jan 27, 2020 06:11:02 pm
      First teen to score in back to back appearances for us since Sterling.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: Jan 27, 2020 06:15:21 pm

Bit puzzled by a midfielder playing in the front 3?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Jan 27, 2020 06:17:48 pm
      Bit puzzled by a midfielder playing in the front 3?

Lines up on the left of a front three for the U23s more often than not.

“I think Curtis can play in two positions – left of the front three and in midfield, too. He’s possibly more Adam Lallana than Sadio Mane in terms of his approach and capabilities.”

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2020 06:27:41 pm by Robby The Z »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #52: Jan 28, 2020 01:24:16 pm
      Lines up on the left of a front three for the U23s more often than not.

“I think Curtis can play in two positions – left of the front three and in midfield, too. He’s possibly more Adam Lallana than Sadio Mane in terms of his approach and capabilities.”

ahh, nice one, hadn't seen that :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Jan 29, 2020 11:30:03 am
      This lad has everything he needs to be a player. the problem all these lads have is getting time on the pitch in meaningful games. The standards now are so high the results so important its difficult for a manager to select young lads unless forced to do so. If we don't beat Shrewsbury it might be the last game he starts for us this seasons so you can see how these lads get frustrated.
      My hope is we win the league with 6 or 7 games to go then they can play and rest the big players for the CL.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Jan 29, 2020 11:58:55 am
      This lad has everything he needs to be a player. the problem all these lads have is getting time on the pitch in meaningful games. The standards now are so high the results so important its difficult for a manager to select young lads unless forced to do so. If we don't beat Shrewsbury it might be the last game he starts for us this seasons so you can see how these lads get frustrated.
      My hope is we win the league with 6 or 7 games to go then they can play and rest the big players for the CL.

I would love to see Jürgen select him for tonight's game. He would do the job, I'm sure of it. I realize there are older players including Divock who are more likely to get the nod, but at some point a manager has to pick a young player in a meaningful match for him to really have that opportunity.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Jan 29, 2020 01:10:07 pm
      I would love to see Jürgen select him for tonight's game. He would do the job, I'm sure of it. I realize there are older players including Divock who are more likely to get the nod, but at some point a manager has to pick a young player in a meaningful match for him to really have that opportunity.

Its getting more and more difficult for these lads to break through and more and more important to win every game Managers are under immense pressure at both ends of the Table. I think we will see him on as a sub a few more times then start getting first team chances but who does he replace we are Champions of the world these lads will not like losing their place to anyone
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #56: Jan 29, 2020 01:44:12 pm
      Its getting more and more difficult for these lads to break through and more and more important to win every game Managers are under immense pressure at both ends of the Table. I think we will see him on as a sub a few more times then start getting first team chances but who does he replace we are Champions of the world these lads will not like losing their place to anyone

Will get the last 5 games of the league season if we take care of business early I would guess. Be nice to see what some of the best young lads can do playing with the first team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #57: Jan 29, 2020 02:54:21 pm

No question about not players wanting to lose their place. In this case, Sadio is out injured - that is what provides more of an opportunity for Jürgen to select him tonight. Every great player who came out of our own system, Fowler, Owen, McManaman, Trent - they all were given a first team chance at some point. As I say, probably won't happen, but I wish it would.

If he's good enough he's old enough, and I think this lad has shown throughout the season that he's good enough.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #58: Jan 29, 2020 04:18:30 pm
      No question about not players wanting to lose their place. In this case, Sadio is out injured - that is what provides more of an opportunity for Jürgen to select him tonight. Every great player who came out of our own system, Fowler, Owen, McManaman, Trent - they all were given a first team chance at some point. As I say, probably won't happen, but I wish it would.

If he's good enough he's old enough, and I think this lad has shown throughout the season that he's good enough.

this team though is far better than any team they played in and its over 20 years since they played . wasn't Trent's debut against UTD at their place and he did well.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #59: Jan 29, 2020 04:56:12 pm
      this team though is far better than any team they played in and its over 20 years since they played . wasn't Trent's debut against UTD at their place and he did well.

Fair enough Walt. I'd still love to see Curtis on from the start. So hard to break through at a big club, let along the best team in the world, which is what we are at the moment.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #60: Jan 29, 2020 06:34:52 pm
      wasn't Trent's debut against UTD at their place

No, it wasn’t his debut.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #61: Jan 29, 2020 10:01:05 pm
      Nice little cameo!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #62: Jan 29, 2020 11:52:48 pm
      Got a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of Curtis in the coming months, regardless of what happens at Anfield against Shrewsbury.

Feels like he is naturally becoming the next youth player to get the chance to make a name for himself in this first-team squad, he is already showing promising signs but let's see how the rest of the season goes for him!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #63: Jan 30, 2020 02:47:38 am
      Got a feeling we will be seeing a lot more of Curtis in the coming months, regardless of what happens at Anfield against Shrewsbury.

Feels like he is naturally becoming the next youth player to get the chance to make a name for himself in this first-team squad, he is already showing promising signs but let's see how the rest of the season goes for him!

Again, would love to see him from the start vs. Southampton. divock went off injured and has played two matches in a row now. Perfect chance to get Curtis a Premier League start.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #64: Jan 30, 2020 04:58:42 pm
      Again, would love to see him from the start vs. Southampton. divock went off injured and has played two matches in a row now. Perfect chance to get Curtis a Premier League start.

If Origi is unfit, I prefer him over Minamino at the moment. He has the skill and an eye for a good run and goal. He should not need to worry to much about his defence.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #65: Jul 05, 2020 03:29:31 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #66: Jul 05, 2020 10:55:43 pm
      This kid is possibly my favourite of them all coming through.

What a talent he is.
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2020 11:33:35 pm by srslfc »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #67: Jul 05, 2020 11:09:32 pm
      Looks a genuine starter, for the not so distant future, well taken goal today against Villa.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #68: Jul 06, 2020 12:21:52 am
      Loved how much hendo was made up for him

Quick Reply