Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 75976 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #92: Aug 31, 2020 01:04:45 am
      Not short of confidence this lad! Got to admire his pen yesterday and his look back to the keeper after he slotted it past him.

He definitely has some swagger. Should serve him well with Jürgen there to keep it in check. I feel like he’s going to be a good one.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #93: Sep 05, 2020 10:12:14 pm
      This lad will save the club a fortune. I think we’ve got a real player on our hands. Not just a squad player who can contribute but a top player. His touch and technique is improving all the time, looked like has more time on the ball than every player today. I think he will steal time from a number of so called starters this season. Really exciting to watch him develop from here. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #94: Sep 06, 2020 11:17:09 am
      This lad will save the club a fortune. I think we’ve got a real player on our hands. Not just a squad player who can contribute but a top player. His touch and technique is improving all the time, looked like has more time on the ball than every player today. I think he will steal time from a number of so called starters this season. Really exciting to watch him develop from here. 

The new Stevie G
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #95: Sep 06, 2020 11:40:20 am
      Maybe Curtis is the reason we're ok with selling Gini this window?

Klopp may want to fast track him in to the first team TAA style.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #96: Sep 06, 2020 11:48:54 am
      Another off the conveyer belt of Klopp’s re-generation game, this lad has it all and will keep improving, it’s obvious that Klopp sees in his younger lads the potential they have and perhaps he feels delving into the transfer market may not be necessary in the knowledge he has what he needs already, or at the very least is giving them the opportunities to prove otherwise,

Meanwhile down in Eastlands there doesn’t seem to be the same opportunities for the young lads there, in their super duper state of the art nursery, makes you wonder what future Pep (cheque book management)sees for those at their academy, looks like he’s not too bothered what happens after his tenure, whereas Jürgen is building a legacy. ?

Y  N  W  A

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #97: Sep 06, 2020 11:55:57 am
      Curtis Jones certainly a player for the future, saving the club on at least one expensive signing !
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #98: Sep 06, 2020 12:46:26 pm
      Be interesting to see where Klopp sees his future? He has been a bit of a tweener so far at times in the Mane/Salah role and we've also seen him as a central attacking middie. Must admit i like him in the middle, he looked comfortable in a slightly role albeait against weaker opposition. He deffo looks like he has the all-around game to carve out a position there. We are starting to see his passing range as he gets more confident/comfortable and he plays without fear from what i can see. Really exciting.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #99: Sep 06, 2020 01:38:53 pm
      Be interesting to see where Klopp sees his future? He has been a bit of a tweener so far at times in the Mane/Salah role and we've also seen him as a central attacking middie. Must admit i like him in the middle, he looked comfortable in a slightly role albeait against weaker opposition. He deffo looks like he has the all-around game to carve out a position there. We are starting to see his passing range as he gets more confident/comfortable and he plays without fear from what i can see. Really exciting.

He's a midfielder all day long for me.

One of the advanced in a three. The lad is going to be an absolute star.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #100: Sep 06, 2020 04:12:05 pm

Box to box midfielder, similar to Stevie G. Good range of pass, good tackling and good shooting.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #101: Sep 06, 2020 11:47:59 pm
      He looks like a natural in our midfield. Everything seemed so smooth when he was out there.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #102: Sep 24, 2020 09:45:45 pm
      Serious future ahead, 100%
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #103: Sep 24, 2020 09:49:48 pm

Class act.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #104: Sep 24, 2020 11:29:06 pm

He's a player that I want to see more of, definitely something there.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #105: Sep 25, 2020 02:53:39 am
      Needs to be with this Team, he's a ripper!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #106: Sep 25, 2020 09:11:13 am
      After Gerrard retired I thought the days of Liverpool being able to bring through top, local talent was long gone. I'm trying to pick my brain but I think before Trent, Stevie actually was the last academy graduate we brought through who managed to nail down a place in the side for a number of years. Wouldn't really class Sterling as an academy graduate because he was signed from QPR when he was about 15.

Saw the goals last night, didn't watch the game but I've seen enough of Jones to believe it's very possible that he could be a feature in our midfield for years to come & it's great to see. Near enough 2 decades of nothing coming through the academy & within a couple of years we get two top, top talents (one of whom is already world class)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #107: Sep 25, 2020 09:12:47 am
      Needs to be with this Team, he's a ripper!

I actually like that saying. He's not reached the pot of gold yet though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #108: Sep 25, 2020 09:55:50 am
      Very good player, but not quite sure how he breaks into the team or where he'd play, I guess he's more of an AM in the Keita position.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #109: Sep 25, 2020 10:02:40 am
      Thiago

Henderson            Jones

That's were he plays.

A lot of games coming thick and fast this season and I agree he won't feature all the time but when we need to rotate he will play here more often than not.

Insert Gini for Henderson if you like or even Keita against weak opposition.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #110: Sep 25, 2020 10:04:45 am
      Thiago

Henderson            Jones

That's were he plays.

A lot of games coming thick and fast this season and I agree he won't feature all the time but when we need to rotate he will play here more often than not.

Insert Gini for Henderson if you like or even Keita against weak opposition.

oh so you'd have Jones starting ahead of Keita, really?
      Don't get me wrong the lad has tonnes of potential but he's still raw, as you say he'll get plenty of chances this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #111: Sep 25, 2020 10:13:14 am
      oh so you'd have Jones starting ahead of Keita, really?
      Don't get me wrong the lad has tonnes of potential but he's still raw, as you say he'll get plenty of chances this season.

Pretty sure I didn't say that.

But in many games he'd play the Keita role for me and to be honest I'd have no worries whatsoever even if he was picked ahead of Keita for more 'important' games.

Not saying he will or that he's ahead of Keita but he's that good that I wouldn't worry if he was selected
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #112: Sep 25, 2020 11:40:19 am
      Pretty sure I didn't say that.

But in many games he'd play the Keita role for me and to be honest I'd have no worries whatsoever even if he was picked ahead of Keita for more 'important' games.

Not saying he will or that he's ahead of Keita but he's that good that I wouldn't worry if he was selected

Every top player, at some point it was decided he should be selected over somebody else. Fans can reflexively say "he's too new/young/whatever," but at some point managers give players a chance and they take it. Curtis looks like he's moving into that territory and, as Jürgen always says, he can only pick 11 for the team.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #113: Sep 25, 2020 11:43:10 am
      Every top player, at some point it was decided he should be selected over somebody else. Fans can reflexively say "he's too new/young/whatever, but at some point managers give players a chance and they take it. Curtis looks like he's moving into that territory and, as Jürgen always says,he can only pick 11 for the team.

I think he will pose a problem for the boss this season.

Great to have those headaches as a manager though.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #114: Sep 25, 2020 12:33:18 pm
      Not sure if I'd have him above Keita, but as srslfc said I wouldn't be at all bothered if Klopp gave him the nod ahead of him.

I know we've got a wealth of options in midfield now but for big games Keita himself would be fairly down the pecking order for me. Apart from being a more direct option than most of our other midfielders I can't see what he's done to merit being talked about as though he's somebody who can hold down a regular place. Ox has impressed me more when he's played in that position

Quick Reply