Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 76042 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #138: Nov 23, 2020 04:54:38 pm
      He was superb, absolutely brilliant
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #139: Nov 23, 2020 05:30:49 pm
      Really confident and composed on the ball. Never seems to be overwhelmed, and the moment doesn't get too big for him.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #140: Nov 23, 2020 11:20:37 pm
      I did think Curtis was of the opinion, ‘I’ve made it, I’m a first team player now.’ And his attitude on the ball was mostly having to many touches, trying to do too much, and often losing posession. Often trying little flicks that didn’t come off, and not generally doing the basics. Running into opposition players and giving the ball away cheaply.
      So glad to see most of that is now behind him, and last nights performance was as good as anyone on the pitch.
      Let’s hope he keeps it up. Clearly a very talented lad.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #141: Nov 24, 2020 12:04:26 pm
      Something about this kid isn't there.

Confident, can take on a man, can have a shot and what's really impressing me is how much better he's getting off the ball game by game.

Given Fabinho will have to play centre half for most of the season the reshuffle in midfield will offer him plenty of opportunities - excited to see how he develops with the game time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #142: Nov 24, 2020 12:12:36 pm
      Something about this kid isn't there.

Confident, can take on a man, can have a shot and what's really impressing me is how much better he's getting off the ball game by game.

Given Fabinho will have to play centre half for most of the season the reshuffle in midfield will offer him plenty of opportunities - excited to see how he develops with the game time.

He has a lot of potential, that is true, but he's still playing a bit naively, in defence he tries to dribble out when he should just kick it out when pressured and then other times you think go on take your man on and he stops turns and passes the ball sideways. It will come though, I think he'll become a good player for us, as will Neco Williams although he as well still has lots to learn.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #143: Nov 24, 2020 12:41:27 pm
      I did think Curtis was of the opinion, ‘I’ve made it, I’m a first team player now.’ And his attitude on the ball was mostly having to many touches, trying to do too much, and often losing posession. Often trying little flicks that didn’t come off, and not generally doing the basics. Running into opposition players and giving the ball away cheaply.
      So glad to see most of that is now behind him, and last nights performance was as good as anyone on the pitch.
      Let’s hope he keeps it up. Clearly a very talented lad.

Agreed. Curtis is maturing at an impressive rate he has a highly intelligent football brain. If he keeps his head on his shoulders I think he will be one of the best CM's in the PL in a couple of years.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #144: Nov 24, 2020 01:22:49 pm
      He has a lot of potential, that is true, but he's still playing a bit naively, in defence he tries to dribble out when he should just kick it out when pressured and then other times you think go on take your man on and he stops turns and passes the ball sideways. It will come though, I think he'll become a good player for us, as will Neco Williams although he as well still has lots to learn.

We're not Burnley though are we? Unless it's completely necessary we never smack it out, because inevitably it just comes back.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #145: Nov 24, 2020 03:00:48 pm

Yeah I know...it's as if he's 19.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #146: Nov 24, 2020 04:44:17 pm

Bloody hell, it wasn't a major criticism was it, I did also say I think he will be a good player for us, or did that not quite suit your narrative?

There was sequence towards the end where he and Neco were both dicking around with the ball in a dangerous area, instead of getting it clear, that is what I refer to as naivety, but I'm sure Klopp would have had a word with them both about that and they are both improving every game I see them.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #147: Dec 01, 2020 11:08:41 pm
      Even before the goal, was definitely our best player. Is really coming along nicely and making his presence known in midfield.

Keep it up!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #148: Dec 02, 2020 12:43:39 pm
      Its a big thing for me to have at least 1 scouser in the side, were lucky at the minute with the 2 we have in it

Player
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #149: Dec 02, 2020 01:46:51 pm
      Even before the goal, was definitely our best player. Is really coming along nicely and making his presence known in midfield.

Keep it up!

What I love about him is he doesn’t look out of place at all, in fact looks like he’s been playing in the team for years
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #150: Dec 04, 2020 05:40:46 am
      Could have had a hat- trick, fits us perfectly!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #151: Dec 04, 2020 09:43:46 am
      Curtis certainly knocking on the door for a first team place. Which can only be good news, with so many injuries at the present time !
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #152: Dec 05, 2020 01:44:03 pm
      Curtis certainly knocking on the door for a first team place. Which can only be good news, with so many injuries at the present time !
      Quite true, in the game against Ajax he was fantastic, plus he is more of a creative option in midfield for Liverpool.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #153: Dec 05, 2020 02:55:53 pm
      He just plays with a confidence that all the other academy kids can't possess. Even before he was established, his demeanor and confidence were through the roof. This kids acts like he knows something we don't, and that's that hes gonna be the F***ing truth.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #154: Dec 16, 2020 10:48:56 pm
      What an absolute gem of a player we have in Curtis.

Getting better game on game.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #155: Dec 16, 2020 11:59:07 pm
      Playing like a $50m midfielder allready.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #156: Dec 17, 2020 04:06:21 am
      If he came through the ranks at somewhere like Dortmund or Lyon he’d be linked to every top club in England for around 65 million
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #157: Dec 17, 2020 06:52:11 am
      This lad is taking every opportunity given to him,another fantastic player who gives his all for the reds.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #158: Dec 17, 2020 08:14:42 am
      hes our own Phil Foden and Billy Gilmour
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #159: Dec 17, 2020 08:58:58 am
      Unbelievable this young boy. Long it may continue Curtis.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #160: Dec 17, 2020 09:57:37 am
      Is it me or is he getting better every single game, the only thing he needs to work on is his final shot, but that goes for most of the team, start kicking it harder lads and into the sodding corners, not straight at the goalie!!

Quick Reply