Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 75986 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #207: Dec 28, 2020 03:04:45 pm
      He made a mistake but he's a bright prospect for the future, will only get better and better, but he needs to sharpen up his play, he has a tendency to be a little bit too casual sometimes.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #208: Dec 28, 2020 03:29:58 pm

Explains a lot that mate, despicable referee, shouldn’t be anywhere near the EPL, the standard of refereeing in this country is a joke, why can’t they clone a few Collina’s ?

Complements of the FA Billy.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #209: Dec 28, 2020 04:06:25 pm
      Had we taken our chances we wouldn’t be discussing Curtis mistake... I blame  our forwards for not killing the game off..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #210: Dec 28, 2020 04:46:08 pm
      Had we taken our chances we wouldn’t be discussing Curtis mistake... I blame  our forwards for not killing the game off..

Don't think the forwards got any of the ball, fault layed with the midfield or lack of it
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #211: Dec 28, 2020 04:56:43 pm
      Did you not see the game?
      The shot came in hit the corner post came off Alison and bounced in.
      1-1

Hardly a fumble was it did it go in his hands and out again no it didn't stop clutching at straws
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #212: Dec 28, 2020 04:58:03 pm

I think your being a tad harsh on the lad H, there were mistakes made all over the pitch yesterday from senior pro’s, he’s a young lad is Jones far from the finished article so he’s prone to make errors yet, your spot on mate regarding where and how he erred, but he’ll learn from it I’m sure,
       I want to know why a foul wasn’t awarded for that assault on Fabinho, or why VAR didn’t intervene, I didn’t see it at first but on the replay the player is clearly climbing all over Fabinho, outside the box it would have been a clear yellow, on the whole though we just weren’t at the races for whatever  reason, and of course fell foul of Allardyce and his pathetic tactics, we were short of pace/tempo especially second half where space was a premium in the final third,

but where were the runs into spaces, we didn’t exploit their defences enough, I feel throwing Shaq/ Minamino or both on to do just that could have been the answer, all we did was cross wasteful balls into their box, which they dealt with easily, I was disappointed with Klopp not trying something different after the hour, chucking on the equally inept Origi made no difference and was far too late anyway.

Y  N  W  A

Assault ? He wanted it more than Fabinho a great header if that was given against us you would be screaming blue murder
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #213: Dec 28, 2020 06:15:48 pm
      Hardly a fumble was it did it go in his hands and out again no it didn't stop clutching at straws
      As stated the ball went in off Alisson, I saw it, the commentator saw the crowd saw it.
      Think the Xmas vodka is playing tricks on you.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #214: Dec 28, 2020 06:35:52 pm
      As stated the ball went in off Alisson, I saw it, the commentator saw the crowd saw it.
      Think the Xmas vodka is playing tricks on you.

You said fumbled it do you know what the definition of fumble is ? Going off someone at that pace and proximity is not a fumble just admit your wrong
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #215: Dec 28, 2020 08:20:30 pm
      You said fumbled it do you know what the definition of fumble is ? Going off someone at that pace and proximity is not a fumble just admit your wrong
      Wrong about what?

rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #216: Dec 28, 2020 08:27:01 pm

Forget it . You said Alison fumbled the ball which he clearly didn't
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #217: Dec 28, 2020 08:33:40 pm
      Forget it . You said Alison fumbled the ball which he clearly didn't

He fumbled the contact with the ball, the look on his face said it all, he failed to collect the rebound off the post and was unable to retrieve the ball.
      The very definition of a fumble.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #218: Dec 28, 2020 08:58:00 pm
      He fumbled the contact with the ball, the look on his face said it all, he failed to collect the rebound off the post and was unable to retrieve the ball.
      The very definition of a fumble.

No it really isn't no surprise you argue so much my only surprise is you never blamed the owners surely they must have had a hand in their goal
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #219: Dec 28, 2020 09:01:39 pm
      No it really isn't no surprise you argue so much my only surprise is you never blamed the owners surely they must have had a hand in their goal

Whatever.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #220: Dec 28, 2020 10:47:01 pm

Agreed Mo, should have dived and headed that ball in from that ripper cross from Andy, I reckon if that was Sadio, that ball is planted in the bottom right corner. That was a massive chance that should have been taken as was Mo's header over the bar from point blank range.

They have off days and make mistakes but F**k I love them more then any other Team on the Planet, so let's go Wednesday and bring home the 3 points!

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 751 
      Reply #221: Dec 28, 2020 11:13:40 pm
      Personally I hope Curtis Jones starts against Newcastle, he has come on so well, I would not like to see his confidence dented. by not starting him on Wednesday. That is my honest view.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2020 11:33:04 pm by David Wright »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #222: Dec 28, 2020 11:30:46 pm
      Personally I hope Curtis Jones starts against Newcastle, he has come on so well, I would not like to see his confidence dented. That is my honest view.

Klopp will Play him & the lad will make amends no doubt..
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #223: Dec 29, 2020 04:51:27 am
      Personally I hope Curtis Jones starts against Newcastle, he has come on so well, I would not like to see his confidence dented. by not starting him on Wednesday. That is my honest view.

Agreed. As long as he learnt from the mistake (and I'm sure Klopp told him to correct it) he still have a lot potential to develop.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #224: Dec 29, 2020 05:03:16 am
      Don't think the forwards got any of the ball, fault layed with the midfield or lack of it

Disagree mate. Of course our midfields not provides many on the plate chances but Hendo, Robbo, Trent and Ox deliverd some very good ball but all of Bobby, Sadio and Mo missed those chances once each at least. Allardyce's tactic of course give no time for our forwards but their ten men front of goal also limit our midfield play too. Bit more clinical and we got the three points imo.     
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #225: Dec 29, 2020 02:36:59 pm

I think your being a tad harsh on the lad H, there were mistakes made all over the pitch yesterday from senior pro’s, he’s a young lad is Jones far from the finished article so he’s prone to make errors yet, your spot on mate regarding where and how he erred, but he’ll learn from it I’m sure,
       I want to know why a foul wasn’t awarded for that assault on Fabinho, or why VAR didn’t intervene, I didn’t see it at first but on the replay the player is clearly climbing all over Fabinho, outside the box it would have been a clear yellow, on the whole though we just weren’t at the races for whatever  reason, and of course fell foul of Allardyce and his pathetic tactics, we were short of pace/tempo especially second half where space was a premium in the final third,

but where were the runs into spaces, we didn’t exploit their defences enough, I feel throwing Shaq/ Minamino or both on to do just that could have been the answer, all we did was cross wasteful balls into their box, which they dealt with easily, I was disappointed with Klopp not trying something different after the hour, chucking on the equally inept Origi made no difference and was far too late anyway.
                                                                               Y  N  W  A

I don’t think I am mate.

I agree our senior players were poor but ultimately, the mistake jones made led to their goal and it can’t be disputed. I don’t care if he’s 19 or 39, you don’t over play in dangerous positions and I’ll keep banging my drum and repeating myself but you are taught that at a very young age. So I don’t accept that he is young or inexperienced, he is a professional footballer and knows far better than to do that.

That doesn’t mean I think he’s sh*t or I want him sold, I’m just saying it how it is. He cost us the three points despite the whole team playing below par.

One of the things that annoys me is people saying ‘we still should have defended the corner’. That’s like diving into a tackle in the box and giving a penalty away and saying well Alison should have saved it.  Or giving a free kick away on the edge of the box and saying the wall should have prepared themselves better. It’s a ridiculous argument. WBA were very poor on the ball so to give them a corner and therefore an opportunity to lump the ball into our box when we don’t have any senior cbs on the pitch was just stupid and the whole thing could have been prevented if it wasn’t for Jones.

Personally, I think it comes down to his arrogance. I’m sure I’ll get blasted for saying that by the usual divvys on here but that’s how it comes across to me. He’s very cocky on the ball. Which I have no problem with by the way, all the best players have that arrogance about them. It’s not even arrogance really id say it’s more confidence. But there’s a time and a place to do all of that, and on the edge of your box when you’re holding onto a 1-0 lead isn’t one of them.

Agree with everything else you say mate. It was a poor day at the office for everybody involved. But I find it weird how people just refuse to accept Jones made an error which cost us the points. Like they deny it happened and attack anybody who speaks about it. Very strange mindset and very child-like to me but hey ho. Football forums for you I suppose.

He made a big mistake. It’s been highlighted and discussed. You’d think you stabbed somebody’s ma with the reactions from some people though.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #226: Dec 29, 2020 03:08:24 pm
      Jones made mistake to give away a corner, it was stupid and casual, but it's not like he gave away a peno.
      It's a corner, you get organised and defend it.
      And we were very lucky against Spuds, Kane should have scored with a point blank header from a corner too when it was 1-1.
      And if other teams put us under pressure in the air in our box, we will struggle.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #227: Feb 07, 2021 07:14:43 pm
      Best player for us today and a completely brainless decision by Klopp to sub Curtis off.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #228: Feb 07, 2021 07:16:44 pm
      Best player for us today and a completely brainless decision by Klopp to sub Curtis off.
      Gini didn't play today then
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #229: Feb 07, 2021 07:19:31 pm

Curtis was better he played with more forward drive. It's no surprise we fell apart as soon as he went off.

Quick Reply