Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 75997 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread
      Reply #368: Jan 17, 2022 04:44:32 pm
      Cracking player, Im sure this run of games will do him world of good.

Yep all the ability in the world

Just needs that run of games

Still amazes me when some have already said he isn’t good enough
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #369: Jan 17, 2022 04:45:44 pm
      Yep all the ability in the world

Just needs that run of games

Still amazes me when some have already said he isn’t good enough

Right now he gives a better balance to the midfield so justifies getting a run of games.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #370: Jan 17, 2022 04:45:45 pm
      He always strikes me a a bit light weight, hope he make an arse of me
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #371: Jan 17, 2022 04:46:15 pm
      Right now he gives a better balance to the midfield so justifies getting a run of games.

Yep - happy to carry the ball , go at players and look for the forward pass
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #372: Jan 17, 2022 04:47:07 pm
      He always strikes me a a bit light weight, hope he make an arse of me

Probably because he's 20, but this is the time Trent started to make his mark
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #373: Jan 17, 2022 04:48:34 pm
      With Elliott and Thiago out this is arguably Jones' best opportunity to make a case for himself.
      That's the impression the comments from Klopp give off too.

Definitely has a good chance now, particularly with those 2 injured - and with Keita/Mo/Mane away, Jürgen could really do with the creativity.
      At times players need an arm round the shoulder, sometimes a kick up the hole - maybe Jürgen has decided the latter might work best with Jones right now...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #374: Jan 17, 2022 04:52:12 pm
      Definitely has a good chance now, particularly with those 2 injured - and with Keita/Mo/Mane away, Jürgen could really do with the creativity.
      At times players need an arm round the shoulder, sometimes a kick up the hole - maybe Jürgen has decided the latter might work best with Jones right now...

He has a solid base, with Fabinho and Henderson beside him so hopefully gets a run of games.
      Then a lot will depend on if/when Elliott gets back.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #375: Jan 17, 2022 04:53:41 pm
      Good player with the potential to become a great player.

Curtis has to start the next few games if Milner starts ahead of him it would be football criminality as we badly need that spark of creativity in midfield with Thiago out.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #376: Jan 17, 2022 05:01:15 pm
      He has a solid base, with Fabinho and Henderson beside him so hopefully gets a run of games.
      Then a lot will depend on if/when Elliott gets back.

Should be interesting fight between Elliot and Jones for a start.
      Elliot seems to have had a head start, but Jones has a chance to put down a marker now.
      Still think Jürgen seems to favor Harvey a little bit more, could be wrong.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #377: Jan 17, 2022 05:17:45 pm
      With Elliott and Thiago out this is arguably Jones' best opportunity to make a case for himself.
      That's the impression the comments from Klopp give off too.

Yea he has the ability so the boss is handing it over to him to grab the opportunity is how I read it.

Curtis can be a star for us I have no doubt about that
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #378: Jan 17, 2022 05:51:30 pm
      Probably because he's 20, but this is the time Trent started to make his mark

Trent was the exception, not the rule though...
      For most players, 20 is when you get your first taste of senior football, not when you become a regular in the first team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #379: Jan 17, 2022 06:12:57 pm
      Yea he has the ability so the boss is handing it over to him to grab the opportunity is how I read it.

Curtis can be a star for us I have no doubt about that

I think Klopp was planning on this being a "coming out" year for Curtis and then the injures kind of derailed that a bit. Those comments sound like proper motivational talk that he knows Curtis will hear and he hopes takes to heart. It's time for Jones to decide if he wants to be the player that Klopp needs or if he's happy where he's out now, getting game time here and there, sometimes making an impact sometimes not. Hoping he comes good because I feel like he's the closest thing we've seen to a Gerrard type midfielder to make his way through the ranks. Not saying he's going to be the next Stevie G, but that's what he should shoot for in my opinion.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #380: Jan 20, 2022 09:56:41 pm
      Think we've looked more balanced in the middle since Jones has come back into it. He might not always be perfect, but he's positive and mainly looks to go forward, not take the easy ball all the time, try threading the more difficult pass. Room to improve still but attitude is good.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #381: Jan 20, 2022 09:58:44 pm
      Think we've looked more balanced in the middle since Jones has come back into it. He might not always be perfect, but he's positive and mainly looks to go forward, not take the easy ball all the time, try threading the more difficult pass. Room to improve still but attitude is good.

Agree.

Holds onto the ball a little too long on occasions but that's my only criticism.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #382: Jan 25, 2022 12:26:33 am
      Agree.

Holds onto the ball a little too long on occasions but that's my only criticism.

agreed mate...just a little too long.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #383: Jan 25, 2022 05:37:12 am
      agreed mate...just a little too long.

If it's isn't Mane, it's him. Still love both though, even if they do make me cuss from time to time  😉
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #384: Jan 25, 2022 06:37:39 am
      If it's isn't Mane, it's him. Still love both though, even if they do make me cuss from time to time  😉

hahha spot on..I cuss a lot at both myself, more Curtis though...sometimes he thinks he's Cruyff!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #385: Jan 25, 2022 08:47:23 am
      hahha spot on..I cuss a lot at both myself, more Curtis though...sometimes he thinks he's Cruyff!

Ive no problem with him thinking hes Cruyff at his age once he learns his game from his mistakes....if he does that we will see a lot of kids years from now thinking they are Curtis Jones
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #386: Jan 25, 2022 12:29:04 pm
      Agree.

Would rather that and look for a decent pass than ping it backwards as fast as possible to whoever is closest or whoever passed it to him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #387: Jan 25, 2022 06:42:42 pm
      I say this based on what I see and what I hear JK say about CJ. I think sometimes he struggles with doubting how good he is and than sometimes it seems as though he is trying to over compensate.

The thing about Elliot is he seems to KNOW he's the man, where as CJ sometimes doubts it. Both have amazing ceilings, it's just about whether they can tap into it.

(On a side note..... What a F***ing animal Elliot is. To be obsessed with recovering the way he has and get back in 4 months..... He really does seem to have it all, but as good as his skills are, his mind seems to be just as on par, if not better. Kids a killer)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #388: Jan 25, 2022 09:53:45 pm
      Would rather that and look for a decent pass than ping it backwards as fast as possible to whoever is closest or whoever passed it to him.

I do agree and think he will develop out if it.

As I've said before I'm a huge fan and think he had s big future ahead of him at this club.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #389: Jan 27, 2022 07:49:33 am
      Like Jone but think he strugles when we have a weakend midfield he has to man up but the is a good player on there
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #390: Jan 27, 2022 08:45:47 am
      Hes a very good player is Curtis. One of the few that come out of the academy who will be a premier league player. The criticism is only relative to the level required of this club and at the moment he still has time to get there.

I dont think he will be a generational talent like Trent is here for is or Foden is at City but he could become a good player for us. If not he will be a good player somewhere else and that's a massive achievement tbf.

If we got 20 million for him in a few years time then that goes a long way to the academy paying for itself to keep trying to find the next one.

Basically he is one of the rare success stories from the academy and that makes him one of very few and for that deserves respect.

Quick Reply