Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 75977 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Reply #460: Oct 22, 2022 04:02:14 pm
      Christ the lad has just come back from an injury and been out for a while - he is 21 ffs and had an injury hit 18 months which will knock him back at bit

What is it with the desire these days for his own fans to crucify the young players
      I see your point and you might very well be right. It is harsh to criticize him this much so I'll take back what I said and just watch. However, I have to say my current opinion of him is not based on this game, but the past two seasons he spent with the team. You are right tho, he's 21yo and things might still change (I doubt it however).
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #461: Oct 22, 2022 04:05:19 pm
      I see your point and you might very well be right. It is harsh to criticize him this much so I'll take back what I said and just watch. However, I have to say my current opinion of him is not based on this game, but the past two seasons he spent with the team. You are right tho, he's 21yo and things might still change (I doubt it however).

The lad has spent the last 18 months struggling with some knocks and just hasn’t got a consistent run going - that’s affected his development as a player - Klopp has spoken about him very highly plenty of times.

Give him a consistent run without injury and let him grow and develop before he thrown onto the scrap heap
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #462: Oct 22, 2022 04:14:49 pm
      I seriously doubt he's anything more than a mid table player at best. He's desperately average.

His subtle complaints a few months back about not getting game time also came from the Skrtel and Mignolet book of denial.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #463: Oct 22, 2022 04:43:27 pm
      I seriously doubt he's anything more than a mid table player at best. He's desperately average.

His subtle complaints a few months back about not getting game time also came from the Skrtel and Mignolet book of denial.

that thing between his ears just isnt working quick enough today everytime he got it he slowed play down.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #464: Oct 22, 2022 04:51:49 pm
      Offered 0 today and was so lethargic, even when we had minutes to go to salvage something.

Not good enough to be in our squad IMO.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #465: Oct 22, 2022 04:56:11 pm
      Offered 0 today and was so lethargic, even when we had minutes to go to salvage something.

Not good enough to be in our squad IMO.

I am wondering if this new breed of young players are just over coached its like they are playing to instruction every second of the game imagine Stevie if he had been held back. Sorry but Curtis has had his chance to shine and its never happened
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #466: Oct 22, 2022 04:58:33 pm
      I am wondering if this new breed of young players are just over coached its like they are playing to instruction every second of the game imagine Stevie if he had been held back. Sorry but Curtis has had his chance to shine and its never happened

He showed glimpses of brilliance when coming up but now seems to always just play the safe boring option.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #467: Oct 22, 2022 05:06:52 pm
      Looks for all money like a pick up your wages player. Cruel perhaps, but no evidence of any greatness to my eyes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #468: Oct 22, 2022 05:12:01 pm
      He showed glimpses of brilliance when coming up but now seems to always just play the safe boring option.

are these lads just too cautious afraid of making mistakes. Maybe challenging for honours is not the best team for a young player unless they are truly exceptional
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #469: Oct 22, 2022 05:34:51 pm
      The lad has spent the last 18 months struggling with some knocks and just hasn’t got a consistent run going - that’s affected his development as a player - Klopp has spoken about him very highly plenty of times.

Give him a consistent run without injury and let him grow and develop before he thrown onto the scrap heap

Problem is if/when everyone fit I don't see him starting many games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #470: Oct 22, 2022 05:38:59 pm

we are not a club who can "develop young talent" we need to win every game so we need to put out teams of equal standing to our competition .
      How many of thoday team would get into a top four team right now Ali ? who else they are all way off their best so th elast thing we need is kids looking to develop which we did with Jones,Elliot and Carvhalo . This is still the core of the 18'19 19/20 team maybe they have given all they have to give
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #471: Oct 22, 2022 05:53:56 pm

I think he will get plenty of game time if he can keep himself fit , have this feeling that Klopp rates him
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #472: Oct 22, 2022 05:55:22 pm
      we are not a club who can "develop young talent" we need to win every game so we need to put out teams of equal standing to our competition .
      How many of thoday team would get into a top four team right now Ali ? who else they are all way off their best so th elast thing we need is kids looking to develop which we did with Jones,Elliot and Carvhalo . This is still the core of the 18'19 19/20 team maybe they have given all they have to give

:mad:

The club have always had players coming through the ranks - we will always need to develop players from the academy - I’m astounded someone could even suggest not developing youth
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #473: Oct 22, 2022 06:13:08 pm

Major changes are needed. I just don't know how Jürgen will do it. Yes the likes of keita, chamberlain, Jimmy and Bob will all go come the summer and imo Jones and Philips should follow them out the door also. But those 6 players, 4 leaving for nothing and maybe on a good day we get 25m combined for Jones and Philips though I doubt we will get that, won't bring anywhere near enough in to replace them.

The fresher blood, Jota, Diaz, Darwin, ramsay, konate, thiago etc etc are all unavailable.

I don't think we will qualify for the CL next season ... and with no assets to sell to raise spending money no CL will hit us very hard.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #474: Oct 22, 2022 06:36:37 pm

Lucky for him our players are always hurt and with condensed fixture list he will get more then enough playing time (assuming he stay fits) to prove his worth.

Never big on him andit seems hasn't gotten better since he broke into the first team 3 years ago. Window is small for young players to break into the first team. Team is always looking to buy which can push you down the depth chart while there is always "the next great youngster" coming up from the academy.

See where he stands by the end of the season but if there isn't an improvement in his play by the end of the season should consider moving him along.

Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #475: Oct 22, 2022 06:42:08 pm

Lucky for him our players are always hurt and with condensed fixture list he will get more then enough playing time (assuming he stay fits) to prove his worth.

Never big on him andit seems hasn't gotten better since he broke into the first team 3 years ago. Window is small for young players to break into the first team. Team is always looking to buy which can push you down the depth chart while there is always "the next great youngster" coming up from the academy.

See where he stands by the end of the season but if there isn't an improvement in his play by the end of the season should consider moving him along.

Do you see this lad getting in city's team or Chelsea or arsenal ... Do you see him playing international football?

If he wasn't a local lad and from somewhere else he'd be nowhere near this club. Deep down he's probably no idea himself how he is at this club.

Nowhere near top class or good enough for us. Sorry.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #476: Oct 22, 2022 06:48:36 pm
      Do you see this lad getting in city's team or Chelsea or arsenal ... Do you see him playing international football?

If he wasn't a local lad and from somewhere else he'd be nowhere near this club. Deep down he's probably no idea himself how he is at this club.

Nowhere near top class or good enough for us. Sorry.

He has been one of the main players for England U21’s 🤦‍♂️

And since when did a player have to be able to play for Chelsea or Arsenal or even City for him to be good enough for what Klopp wants
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #477: Oct 24, 2022 09:12:31 pm
      Never a Liverpool style of player
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #478: Oct 24, 2022 09:23:28 pm

he is mate because he is cheap.
      Sadly he hasnt taken his chance and constantly slowed play down on Saturday.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #479: Oct 24, 2022 09:24:48 pm

Remind me how Chelsea thought about Mo Salah.......
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #480: Oct 24, 2022 09:31:49 pm
      Getting a lot of criticism even though just back from injury.
      At least give him a chance to find his feet and get his match sharpness back.
      He's the type of player who can look good when playing well, but terrible when not.
      Might not rip up trees every week, but is by no means the worst of our '9 midfielders'.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #481: Oct 24, 2022 10:16:35 pm
      Getting a lot of criticism even though just back from injury.
      At least give him a chance to find his feet and get his match sharpness back.
      He's the type of player who can look good when playing well, but terrible when not.
      Might not rip up trees every week, but is by no means the worst of our '9 midfielders'.

not really a great reference for a team wanting to challenge for trophies. He has had plenty of chances and Jürgen and he said.
      I had a long talk last week with Curtis, ­because I love the boy and I love the potential he has.

“But we have to now really make the next steps and make sure that he fulfils the potential he has on the pitch.

“You have these kinds of conversations when you are not 100 percent happy with the moment.

“He’s young, very young, but from what I see his ­potential is just incredible. So we have to find a way to show that much more often.
      So he is on notice potential has to eventually produce.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #482: Oct 24, 2022 10:39:05 pm

What does that even mean ?

Quick Reply