Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 78890 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Reply #506: Nov 23, 2022 04:18:58 pm
      Pleased he got a new deal. hopefully he can have an injury free run now and show everyone what hes got.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #507: Jan 21, 2023 08:11:59 pm
      Glad he might be over his injuries eventually but don’t think he will ever be more than a squad player here.

Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #508: Jan 22, 2023 12:02:19 pm
      Pleased he got a new deal. hopefully he can have an injury free run now and show everyone what hes got.

Feel like the new deal was a tactical one to get a couple extra mill out of a buyer in the summer. He just hasn't improved in 3 years and with his injuries he isn't even a reliable squad player. Shame because on his day he can keep the ball off you in a phone box!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #509: Jan 22, 2023 12:07:44 pm
      Feel like the new deal was a tactical one to get a couple extra mill out of a buyer in the summer. He just hasn't improved in 3 years and with his injuries he isn't even a reliable squad player. Shame because on his day he can keep the ball off you in a phone box!

We wont be selling him, need homegrown players in the squad.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #510: Jan 22, 2023 10:31:13 pm
      We wont be selling him, need homegrown players in the squad.

Agree. Not a chance he'll be sold.

Think he could surprise a few next season as well if he shakes off those nagging injuries
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #511: Jan 23, 2023 09:13:28 am
      Agree. Not a chance he'll be sold.

Think he could surprise a few next season as well if he shakes off those nagging injuries

Thats it mate, just needs a proper run without any injuries.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,786 posts | 3378 
      Reply #512: Mar 25, 2023 06:47:26 pm
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #514: Mar 26, 2023 01:40:29 pm
      He looked really comfortable last night and his goal was really quality. IF he can somehow play without pressure I feel he could be a really top player but he has had no end of bad luck and if he is going to be a Liverpool player he will need to start performing on a regular basis when given his chance but still young enough to break through
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #515: Apr 01, 2023 05:00:00 pm
      Where was he today  ???
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #516: Apr 01, 2023 05:06:43 pm

Where he usually is ... injured and invisible.

Nowhere near good enough. Needs shipping out along with 9 or 10 others.

As shanks once said ... Time to break them up ... and start again.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 1090 
      Reply #517: Apr 01, 2023 05:50:22 pm
      Where he usually is ... injured and invisible.

Nowhere near good enough. Needs shipping out along with 9 or 10 others.

As shanks once said ... Time to break them up ... and start again.
      Klopp needs to tell some hard truths and quit being so loyal. Nothing wrong with telling a grown ass man that you aren't earning your keep and I need more. These are professionals and this is a business.

Your not resigning Bob, Naby, or Ox. Don't resign Mily. Put Fab and CJ on the market. Hell, if you get a good deal, send Thiago and Jota out too. Make the rest earn their keep and bring in some killers to push for positions.

Klopp can go again
      « Last Edit: Apr 02, 2023 03:44:16 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #518: Apr 01, 2023 07:07:49 pm
      22 year old kid is the least of our worries.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #519: Apr 01, 2023 11:04:16 pm
      22 year old kid is the least of our worries.

This lad has taken a squad place for 4 years now, taken a wage every week, been injured for how long and contributed the square root of f*ck all. Its a worry when these substandard players who wouldn't get near a decent team just hang around season after season. He's not good enough by a mile and needs moving on. As I said ... moving on with 9 or 10 others. Is he just here because he's local and for the home grown quota? Shambles.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 1090 
      Reply #520: Apr 02, 2023 03:45:07 am
      This lad has taken a squad place for 4 years now, taken a wage every week, been injured for how long and contributed the square root of f*ck all. Its a worry when these substandard players who wouldn't get near a decent team just hang around season after season. He's not good enough by a mile and needs moving on. As I said ... moving on with 9 or 10 others. Is he just here because he's local and for the home grown quota? Shambles.

All day everyday. With him being young and English you can get a good price.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,744 posts | 858 
      Reply #521: Apr 02, 2023 01:41:20 pm
      Earlier this year, I said something along the lines of ''he's not good enough for us'' and people pointed out I was wrong to quickly judge a young player who has been unlucky with injuries and I think people are and were right to point that out.

However, I can't shake that feeling with Curtis. I struggle to see what the lad is particularly good at. When deployed on the wing he has the trickery, but that's about it. He's not quick, strong or flair and he also doesn't have an eye for goal. When deployed at CM he's not a player that looks like he can bring bags of energy, not a particularly good tackler or someone with a good defensive vision in that area. He also doesn't look like a particularly good playmaker (wether through a good passing catalogue or the ability to carry the ball vertically).

I could go on, but my point is the lad looks subpar or at best average in every area of his game and that was actually good like 4 years ago because we could see the potential and how he could build on that and become a very decent player. My problem is he hasn't improved one single bit ever since. I personally would go with my gut feeling and sell him, but I understand  the opposite point of view of people who want to give the player some time. I understand it, but don't see it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,786 posts | 3378 
      Reply #522: Apr 02, 2023 02:39:13 pm
      Jones won’t be leaving yet

Will get a good pre season under him and if he stays injury free will be given plenty of chances
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,034 posts | 2090 
      Reply #523: Apr 02, 2023 02:45:37 pm
      Jones won’t be leaving yet

Will get a good pre season under him and if he stays injury free will be given plenty of chances

Feels like we've been saying that for 3 years.

As good a player he is, he's probably not up to the standard that we aspire to and we're at not so long ago.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,205 posts | 1208 
      Reply #524: Apr 02, 2023 02:49:31 pm
      If we had the luxury of fine tuning our squad and were in a position to strengthen around the edges instead of the heart of the team, we would sell if we received a decent offer.

As it is, he wouldn't fetch much in the market as he hasn't improved a lot and is injury prone. By default he will therefore remain part of the squad. I think he can be an OK squad player in normal circumstances.  Truth is we have far bigger priorities.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,786 posts | 3378 
      Reply #525: Apr 02, 2023 02:52:22 pm
      Feels like we've been saying that for 3 years.

As good a player he is, he's probably not up to the standard that we aspire to and we're at not so long ago.

Don’t think he has had that sustained period of play to see him develop , he started to a little last season but some growing pain injuries haven’t helped this season

He is a squad player and provides that HG element
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #526: Apr 02, 2023 03:13:10 pm

And them needs another English player to replace him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,786 posts | 3378 
      Reply #527: Apr 02, 2023 03:22:10 pm

But need a HG to replace him

We already can’t bring in any non HG at the moment - we are close to the limit
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #528: Apr 02, 2023 05:44:18 pm
      And them needs another English player to replace him.

Yeah hopefully a decent one that can actually do something. Jürgen likes a small squad. Fine. But you can't have 10 passengers ... and Jones is one of them and there are plenty more that want selling.

Nowhere near good enough and a 5 year contract sums up the complete shambles of this football club currently. A 5 year contract on the basis of what? He's local and he fills a home grown slot.

Quick Reply