Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)

Read 76009 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Curtis Jones Player Thread (M)
      Reply #575: May 16, 2023 01:31:24 pm
      A very talented young player, needs games to find consistency, which I am fairly sure will be the case.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #576: May 16, 2023 01:36:53 pm
      A very talented young player, needs games to find consistency, which I am fairly sure will be the case.

Already found that consistency mate
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #577: May 16, 2023 01:38:31 pm
      He is blossoming now after being given a good run of games - it’s clear injury affected him this season but now fully fit and confident he is showing what the managers sees in him

Giving us the sort of energy and pressing that Gini gave us but also adding in those late runs into the box to add goals.

And his physic is good, no disrespect to Elliott but Jones is so much stronger and it really makes all the difference.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #578: May 16, 2023 01:40:56 pm
      And his physic is good, no disrespect to Elliott but Jones is so much stronger and it really makes all the difference.

Yes he certainly has a lot more upper body strength but he is prob a year ahead in development to Elliot
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #579: May 16, 2023 01:45:00 pm
      Yes he certainly has a lot more upper body strength but he is prob a year ahead in development to Elliot

I’m glad we have Elliott, good technical player and will come in handy next season.

My spelling is atrocious sometimes - i meant physique 🙈
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #580: May 16, 2023 02:14:25 pm
      He's had a few decent games, and delighted he scored a brace last night, but I won't be getting carried away.

There were still times last night where I saw the real Jones with a poor touch and dribble, and running around a bit headless. I still see no future in him, and we would be fools to think that he is the level of player we need. As for his current form, former player Awoniyi has scored a brace in his last two games. Doesn't mean he's good enough for LFC.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #581: May 16, 2023 02:30:10 pm
      He's had a few decent games, and delighted he scored a brace last night, but I won't be getting carried away.

There were still times last night where I saw the real Jones with a poor touch and dribble, and running around a bit headless. I still see no future in him, and we would be fools to think that he is the level of player we need. As for his current form, former player Awoniyi has scored a brace in his last two games. Doesn't mean he's good enough for LFC.

😂😂

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #582: May 16, 2023 03:36:31 pm

For F**k sake ha ha
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #583: May 16, 2023 03:41:28 pm
      There have been some churlish attempts to deny him his dues. I believe in giving credit where it's due and Curtis has got progressively better since his run in the team, culminating in his goals last night. Well done to him and if he keeps it up he will have earned his place in the squad.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #584: May 16, 2023 03:57:53 pm
      There have been some churlish attempts to deny him his dues. I believe in giving credit where it's due and Curtis has got progressively better since his run in the team, culminating in his goals last night. Well done to him and if he keeps it up he will have earned his place in the squad.

He had already scored a sweet volley couple of games ago too.

Been playing brilliantly so he has. deserves all the credit in the world.

If he can stay fit he will keep playing, the boy has said himself recently he had to improve on his defensive duties & tactics. Good on him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #585: May 16, 2023 09:27:11 pm

Surely your joking?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #586: May 16, 2023 10:02:53 pm

You're some f***in moron 🤣
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #587: May 17, 2023 12:15:43 am

;D, bro you had this team finishing in bottom 10 a few weeks in. You're one of the first ones to head to the door when we struggle.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #588: May 17, 2023 10:08:48 am
      I posted in the dim and distant past the his speed of thought was letting him down he took too much time on the ball and Jürgen said how much he has improved this. Having another scouser in the team is great having another really good scouser in the team is brilliant keep up the good work Curtis.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #589: May 17, 2023 10:17:49 am
      Glad to see Curtis showing that he can contribute to this team. Not just in the Leicester game, but in the recent run of good form. Maybe won't be first choice again following summer signings, but certainly not someone who anyone will consider moving on any time soon.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #590: May 17, 2023 12:53:10 pm
      Glad to see Curtis showing that he can contribute to this team. Not just in the Leicester game, but in the recent run of good form. Maybe won't be first choice again following summer signings, but certainly not someone who anyone will consider moving on any time soon.

not sure mate he is a talented lad who seems to have finally taken note of Jürgen and the balance with him on the left is getting better all the time. I think we all want him to do well and at last I think he is going to make the grade.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #591: May 17, 2023 01:11:45 pm

Nope. I won't get carried away by a few decent games.

You lads do love to get excited and overrate the academy players though. I hope that Curtis isn't now considered to be the level of player that we need for the first team. We've got to be aiming higher than that.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #592: May 17, 2023 02:27:37 pm
      not sure mate he is a talented lad who seems to have finally taken note of Jürgen and the balance with him on the left is getting better all the time. I think we all want him to do well and at last I think he is going to make the grade.

I've a lot of time for Jones, but think he'll need to keep up the form of the Leicester game to stand a chance of staying 1st choice.
      Once Fab/Thiago both available, possibly Trent, then maybe 2 signings in the summer, he'll have stiff competition for 3 slots.
      In saying that imho he's well ahead of Elliot, Carvahlo etc. at the moment in the pecking order.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #593: May 17, 2023 02:42:39 pm
      I've a lot of time for Jones, but think he'll need to keep up the form of the Leicester game to stand a chance of staying 1st choice.
      Once Fab/Thiago both available, possibly Trent, then maybe 2 signings in the summer, he'll have stiff competition for 3 slots.
      In saying that imho he's well ahead of Elliot, Carvahlo etc. at the moment in the pecking order.

it was stuff Jürgen said about him it looks like the penny has finally dropped for him lets hope so it will be a huge bonus if he can keep up and improve on this current form especially if he has an eye for goal
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #594: May 17, 2023 02:48:21 pm
      it was stuff Jürgen said about him it looks like the penny has finally dropped for him lets hope so it will be a huge bonus if he can keep up and improve on this current form especially if he has an eye for goal

Yeah, he has a shot and is a nice finisher which is something you can't say for two many of the CMs
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #595: May 17, 2023 02:51:36 pm
      There's an obvious improvement in his game over the last month or so...but that's true of the whole squad. He's earned his plaudits and hopefully he'll continue to make progress. Still has to do it over a longer sustained period to really be considered as a regular pick week in week out....time will tell.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #596: May 17, 2023 02:58:50 pm
      Id say being fully fit and getting a proper run the team makes all the difference.
      As far as I can remember (I might be wrong), he was fit for extended periods of time over the last 2 seasons and was on the bench most of the time and never really produced anything when given a chance of a start or repeated subs. And when I say ''produce'' I don't mean for him to score goals or assist, I just mean that I wanted to see a glimpse of why he's in the team every time he was on the pitch instead of him just floating aimlessly most of the time (easy thing to say to for a lad watching a professional from the comfort of his couch at home, I know :D)

Hopefully this is the Curtis Jones we'll get from now on. And, obviously, I don't need him to score or assist every game. I just want him to stay as dynamic and full of energy as he is right now. I previously criticized him for not being particularly good at anything and just being average, at best, at everything. He is now showing what he's good at, which is a tight press, being tidy on the ball as I don't remember him losing it too much since his run of games started, and being a goalscoring threat in and around the box. And that's all he needs to succeed in this JK team really.

The rest will come naturally. The longer he stays in the team and continues to perform at this level the easier it will be for him to link up with his teammates, produce runs like the one for the first goal. He'll also grow more confident and calmer on the ball, etc. I just wish all of this happened 2 months prior. I would've wanted him to finish the season as a truly established starter in the 11 for him to be fully ready to compete with whoever will be vying for that LCM role with him next season. Right now, I think, its between him, Bajcetic and Thiago, but we'll be buying 2 or 3 midfielders in the summer so potentially even more competition.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #597: May 17, 2023 03:21:26 pm
      As far as I can remember (I might be wrong), he was fit for extended periods of time over the last 2 seasons and was on the bench most of the time and never really produced anything when given a chance of a start or repeated subs. And when I say ''produce'' I don't mean for him to score goals or assist, I just mean that I wanted to see a glimpse of why he's in the team every time he was on the pitch instead of him just floating aimlessly most of the time (easy thing to say to for a lad watching a professional from the comfort of his couch at home, I know :D)

Hopefully this is the Curtis Jones we'll get from now on. And, obviously, I don't need him to score or assist every game. I just want him to stay as dynamic and full of energy as he is right now. I previously criticized him for not being particularly good at anything and just being average, at best, at everything. He is now showing what he's good at, which is a tight press, being tidy on the ball as I don't remember him losing it too much since his run of games started, and being a goalscoring threat in and around the box. And that's all he needs to succeed in this JK team really.

The rest will come naturally. The longer he stays in the team and continues to perform at this level the easier it will be for him to link up with his teammates, produce runs like the one for the first goal. He'll also grow more confident and calmer on the ball, etc. I just wish all of this happened 2 months prior. I would've wanted him to finish the season as a truly established starter in the 11 for him to be fully ready to compete with whoever will be vying for that LCM role with him next season. Right now, I think, its between him, Bajcetic and Thiago, but we'll be buying 2 or 3 midfielders in the summer so potentially even more competition.

He was physically fit for ages, but had the issue with his eye. He couldn't see properly. l o l

As you say his whole games seems to have matured.

And yes, when Bajetic & Thiago are fit there is real competiton for that right sided role, if these young guys can stay fit it means klopp can use thiago less and keep him fit more (touches wood.).

Quick Reply